User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    CAT

I feel that it's your assesment that lacks common sense.

Introversion has nothing to do with achievement in academics. If anything, E types might get more distracted with their surroundings than I types.

N... no comment. I've yet to meet an N who would make it to university, really.

F/T difference doesn't matter at all, of course. Do you imagine that F types spend all day reading Harlequins or what?

P is the only parameter that can really get in the way, but not necessarily so. Js can procrastinate as well. In fact, my INTJ friend was the one who taught me how to procrastinate effectively.

I'm not saying that some types aren't more prone to be underachievers than others, but you haven't chosen the right way to determine them. Personally, I doubt that type would be NFP, because NFPs have Te, and despite the common misconception, they can often use it well. If I've met any underachievers in my life, these were STPs and NTPs, but 1) maybe they were "underachievers" only in my eyes, 2) definitely not all the STPs and NTPs I've met were underachievers. It depends on the individual's self-discipline, ambition and ability to use their intelligence in their advantage, and I don't think this is necessarily correlated to type.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Space_Oddity View Post
    I feel that it's your assesment that lacks common sense.

Introversion has nothing to do with achievement in academics. If anything, E types might get more distracted with their surroundings than I types.

N... no comment. I've yet to meet an N who would make it to university, really.

F/T difference doesn't matter at all, of course. Do you imagine that F types spend all day reading Harlequins or what?

P is the only parameter that can really get in the way, but not necessarily so. Js can procrastinate as well. In fact, my INTJ friend was the one who taught me how to procrastinate effectively.
    I said that quicker

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

I was an under achiever. There was no neccesity for me to achieve much at all in school.

I've known what I wanted to do with my life, and school was not important. I've finished the second highest form of high school in the Netherlands and didn't continue after that.

I could have easily done the highest form of high school and went to uni straight after that (Can skip college then, high school here is much different from high school in america from what I understand.). But there was no motivation or need to do so, so I didn't.

But judging from the fact that I finished school with relatively few problems. Even though I've often got the lowest kind of grades for pulling off stuff from internet or not making things at all about subjects that were not in my interests. I've always managed to pull the grades up to acceptable levels without much, or any, effort at all.

Big time underachiever in school. I've had a wonderful time there though and cherish the moments!

I don't have big regrets. Just a few small ones, that school is just awesome compared to work life, and in hindsight, that could've been motivation enough to stick in school for much longer. Living a carefree and relaxed life. In life, I'm still an achiever, just not in school, but in my own way.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

INxP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    No, this is only true of SPs (or types with dominant/auxiliary Se.)

This is yet another example of the failure of MBTI to differentiate between Se and Si, which is a vast difference.

SJs (the types with dom/aux Si) are usually VERY good at formal education because it's structured in a way that rewards their talents and value systems.

SPs (again dom/aux Se) are typically the exact opposite and can't deal with formal education nearly as well, because they'd rather be doing something than studying it.
    MBTI differentiates between the two just fine, it's the people using it who do not.

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Which type would be the least likely to get high grades or perform as well as inherent abilities should suggest?

INFP?
    INFPs do quite well with school, or at least the ones I've known. Tend to be quiet achievers.

I'd vote ENFP if you want the greatest gap between potential and output. The "least likely to get high grades" part doesn't apply though, we normally do quite well.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    CAT

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I said that quicker
    I felt the need to repeat it

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by mrcockburn View Post
    Which type would be the least likely to get high grades or perform as well as inherent abilities should suggest?

INFP?

I= not participating
    N= no common sense
    F= overly sensitive and emotional and tear-clouded judgment
    P= lazy slobs

Or maybe INTPs, since they're the same as above except their "T" is more worried about Star Wars, RAM drives and tantric philosophy than academics, and they seem like smartasses.

No offense of course. I can see someone coming at me with a derogatory ESTJ letter breakdown. lol (But don't do that, focus on my question.)
    I've read somewhere that the biggest gap between achievement/IQ tests and grades is with the ENTP type.

Also being I is an advantage in school compared to being E. Introverts can sit still and listen. J and N are both advantageous in getting grades as well. T and F doesn't really matter.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

Me!

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram