• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

enfp & entp

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
they are so similar in so many ways yet so different in so many other ways. Seriously though just how does one make this work?

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
I should add that the girl I just started seeing is ENTP but right on the cusp of the T/F like me.... kinda scary eh?

CzeCze

RETIRED
MBTI Type
GONE
I should add that the girl I just started seeing is ENTP but right on the cusp of the T/F like me.... kinda scary eh?

Damn Jake, you move FAST!

You aren't doing anything to curb the stereotype that ENFPs are relationship hopping flirts. :1377:

But you are helping with the image of ENFPs as irresistable playahs! :woot:

Congrats and good luck with the new relationship! May this turn out much better than the last. :yes:

(And yes people, I'm JOKING about the ENFP image thing...geez invisible people always making me explain myself)

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
what Jake you're seeing someone already??? I missed that memo damn!

findthejake

MBTI Type
ENFP
Yeah I hadn't posted it yet :p

She's way awesome and semi-normal. It's so black and white compared to that other trainwreck that I called a relationship.

But what was your question?

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
my question was about how to make an entp ~ enfp relationship work.

arcticangel02

To the top of the world
MBTI Type
eNFP
Hey, Jake, you're back! I wondered where you'd gone. :p

Clearly actually having a social life. ;) So it looks like you're going out with your identical twin! Well, that should be interesting! :D

Sorry. Easily distracted.

But I don't know any ENTPs in real life. Not that I've identified as such, anyway. :/

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Romantic relationship only, or are you interested in other kinds? For example, my brother and I were estranged for many years and have just started to get to know each other again the last couple of years, and it's been a funny old game, negotiating this 'similar but different' thing between us.

I think I read somewhere that ENFP is INTP's 'counterpart' - plays the same part but in a different 'dimension', whatever that means... and if INTP and ENTP are very similar, sorta internal/externalized versions of each other in many ways, this might be a key of sorts to unlocking the ENTP/ENFP thing.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
romantic of course.

and um I don't think the intp/enfp would really work. I sense that an entj would be better suited to an enfp.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
they are so similar in so many ways yet so different in so many other ways. Seriously though just how does one make this work?

Have both cultivate their introverted judgment. That is the essence of our personality. When you're both clear on who you are, relating should be easier.

Otherwise introverted judgment will be used by both of you to appease your Intuitive whims. Thus the personalities of both will be portrayed in the negative light as they are subservient to hollow and transient aims of Extroverted Intuition.

Because of closer affinity with Introverted Judgment, INTP/INFP tend to do better in intimate relationships than ENTP/ENFP.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
No, I don't mean an INTP/ENFP pairing, I mean that the fact that... meh, just re-read what I already wrote lol Sorry, I don't think you got it! :D

(no offence)

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
oh I see
enfp is NeFi
entp is NeTi

isn't an
intp NiTe?

I honestly think that the dual Ne function can be a bit much. But it could work......

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yeah that's what I meant - I think the thing I read about ENFP and INTP being each other's counterparts meant that they play the same part as each other, in different 'worlds' - perhaps this means that the role ENFP's play amongst people is the same as the INTP plays in the intellectual world... the questioner, improver, clarifier, perhaps?

Now, what I was getting at, is that if that's the relationship between INTP and ENFP, it might shed some light on why ENFP/ENTP miscommunicate at times... my experience of us both trying to do the same thing and saying the same thing, but speaking in different 'languages' so that neither of us notices that's what's going on, and both thinks the other is arguing/disagreeing/attacking. Only later after much thought, have I realised every time this was what happened between my brother and I.

SolitaryWalker

Tenured roisterer
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
oh I see
enfp is NeFi
entp is NeTi

isn't an
intp NiTe?

I honestly think that the dual Ne function can be a bit much. But it could work......

No, you're thinking of INTJ.

INTP is TiNe.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Going with BW's theory, I think it's possible, Tara, that you have had to subvert your Fi because life as a wife and mother has required that you use Fe and maybe Si a great deal at the expense of the functions you would normally be developing for your age and type.

Also, with a husband whom I assume has a strong, possibly larger than life personality, it doesn't leave you much of a platform for shining except as his sidekick. You have probably bent over backwards to accommodate his dreams and passions, but you might both need some practice doing the same for you. It sounds as though he is willing. Take him up on it.

I think your taking time to get fit is a big step in the right direction and I applaud you for it. Keep trying to find ways to do things you love and expect your husband to accommodate them (just like you would for him-- you are equals and you deserve it). You will feel better about your life and yourself and that will give you a better perspective for seeing where you want to go from there.

Going from what Substitute has said here and elsewhere, I think your husband needs a certain amount of pushing back, if that makes sense. If there is no resistance, nothing solid, it gives him nothing to bounce off of. He probably wants to play racquetball, not golf, relationally speaking, whether or not he knows it.

Anyway, that might just all be crap, but that's what my gut is saying. Whatever, however, I'm pullin for ya.

targobelle

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~
MBTI Type
enfp
I am not sure if I have mentioned this but it's common for an enfp to mask so that people will like them. I was not sheltered from this and masked as an esfj for a while just so I could fit into my family, I was possibly more I than E even.

Another thing I think we need to take into account is birthing placement. My entp hubby was the baby of the family for 9yrs before the twins came along and he took advantage of that situation, as he grew up he was taught that he has something to prove, actually more that he needed to prove something.

Yes he's willing, yes he's trying, it's not easy though and we struggle and I would rather submit than fight, would rather fall then be picked up

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8

They look at the world through the same lens.

ENFP sees it in hyper vivid colors.

ENTP sees it in black and white.

Therefore making ENFP hypersensitive and ENTP jaded.

sakuraba

Permabanned
MBTI Type
(y)
Enneagram
7w8
Seriously though just how does one make this work?

The same way you make any of relationship work.

It should actually be even easier... because they intuitively understand where each other is coming.

It could get a little crazy though. But I have a feeling they both like it better that way.