User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    intp

Btw, I often find the T/F dichotomy the hardest tot figure out. Does anyone know if there's a thread on that one?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    Btw, I often find the T/F dichotomy the hardest tot figure out. Does anyone know if there's a thread on that one?
    Really?

You can usually tell by the focus and interest of an individual. Even the most friendly ISTJs I knew had a distinct politeness vibe rather than an extremely person-oriented vibe.

Then again I might need to meet some feelers that aren't interested in people. I'm sure there are people out there like this, and it'd be quite interesting to see whether the T/F is confused in those scenarios.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post
    F types have great difficulty dumping relationships... more emotionally sensitive (not in a freak out way - but sensitive towards other people feelings). T types can be emotional, sometimes very so, but they dont' make decisions emotionally, they will make difficult choices....

A fair few F type managers I know can't fire people... (on one occation an otherwise good business man limits his business sucess because the overall quality of outcome is inconsistant)...

F types often use feeling based language..... like asking how do you feel about that - rather than what do you think.... they personalise.

T types usualyl ahve to learn to be personable around their business... so they send factual emails without they "Hi you did you have a good weekend" will read, please cna you forward me.... they ahve to work at social nicesties.

Quote Originally Posted by saslou View Post
    Sorry, disagree there .. I would like to think a balanced sensor will openly listen to any ideas, toy with it and see if it can be molded to their own style of thinking. If your idea stands weight even after i have criticized it and you have shown it is still valid, then i will most definitely take more heed to it.
    The idea is that S relay on what is known to work, experiences, even theories. Surely will listen to it if not under pressure. But being exposed in the field at the moment. You will see sensors being way more reluctant to test out a new idea, just to do it. If the old works fine. Especially if the new idea is a bad one. Ns probably will do it just for fun, and the variation, even if the work will come to a total stop. Remember, we are talking about tendencies/preferences. Not absolutes.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by tinkerbell View Post
    F types have great difficulty dumping relationships... more emotionally sensitive (not in a freak out way - but sensitive towards other people feelings). T types can be emotional, sometimes very so, but they don't make decisions emotionally, they will make difficult choices....

A fair few F type managers I know can't fire people... (on one occasion an otherwise good business man limits his business success because the overall quality of outcome is inconsistent)...

F types often use feeling based language..... like asking how do you feel about that - rather than what do you think.... they personalize.

T types usually have to learn to be personable around their business... so they send factual emails without they "Hi you did you have a good weekend" will read, please can you forward me.... they have to work at social niceties.
    Some of this sounds like Fe more so than Fi. I had to learn social niceties also. My emails/phone calls to clients tend to dive right to the point & people found it rude .
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Some of this sounds like Fe more so than Fi. I had to learn social niceties also. My emails/phone calls to clients tend to dive right to the point & people found it rude .
    Even the personalisation part?

Usually that's a pretty good indicator. Course the only way you'll see something like that, is if you know the other person well.

MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I'd say that we are who we are. Throwing grid lines over perception just confuses insight. No one needs to know if a person is S/N. Isn't what they say/do far more important than trying to divine some non-existent abstraction?

You might as well dwell on what color their soul is...
    I agree that, in general, it does not matter what MBTI type a person is, but what kind of person they are (what they say/do). However, if a pair of people will be spending the rest of their lives together, an 'N' ought to be aware that he/she will be unable to ever connect on an intangible level with the other if their preference is 'S'. This is a very real, experience driven finding from my own life .

Quote Originally Posted by ElusiveRain View Post
    However, if a pair of people will be spending the rest of their lives together, an 'N' ought to be aware that he/she will be unable to ever connect on an intangible level with the other if their preference is 'S'. This is a very real, experience driven finding from my own life .
    That sucks. Don't think it goes the other way around. I mostly find Ns to be funny. Disadvantage for the Ns then.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Excellent use of Si^

And this was proper use of Ne and Ti - FYI.
    Weren't you just saying that functional theory doesn't add up?

btw, it's not Si if I don't have any direct experience with you personally. Since I'm generalizing across MBTI types, it's Ne because I'm looking for a pattern between one ISFP and another one without any direct evidence that this will apply to you.

Recalling that it didn't work with the last ISFP I talked to about this was much more indicative of Si.

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    So Jung should clear this up nicely then? If so, I'm getting my butt into some research.
    Yup, once you understand the two different forms of S/N/T/F and realize that E, P, I and J aren't actually functions but just attitudes for the functions, things will make way more sense.

(Unlike people who claim that function theory doesn't add up and then use it to [inaccurately] correct my assessments.)
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Weren't you just saying that functional theory doesn't add up?

btw, it's not Si if I don't have any direct experience with you personally. Since I'm generalizing across MBTI types, it's Ne because I'm looking for a pattern between one ISFP and another one without any direct evidence that this will apply to you.
    There is a difference between functions and function theory. Sosionics got it more right then mbti imo. But have not trashed the functions themselves. Flak Jacks theory on this board is also quiet good. Only he mixed up Ni, Ne and lots of stuff in application. But the idea is a nice step in the right direction.

You did not use Ne. Failed to keep an open mind. And made conclusions based on past experiences and knowledge. Textbook Si imo. Not even a trace of Ne. Ne and Ti you would have have picked my idea apart objectively instead of subjectively as you did. Even if I'm isfp I appreciate sound objective analyses when discussing external stuff.