User Tag List

First 3456715 Last

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Or rather, a different perspective. Everything begins as an idea
    Totally agree, but perspectives is something else(P). And I don't agree that everything begins as an idea. I think matter came before ideas. So the concrete is what forms the idea, not the other way around. It will probably end with an idea though

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Totally agree, but perspectives is something else(P). And I don't agree that everything begins as an idea. I think matter came before ideas. So the concrete is what forms the idea, not the other way around. It will probably end with an idea though
    That last sentence made me laugh! XD

Matter doesn't necessarily mean that it is "true". We may all just have awakened at different times in different spaces and chosen a path that may or may not connect us to "this" reality. Which is why I see you and no one else.

Perhaps we chose what is mostly like ourselves and yet we all find ourselves here and not in the djungle, fighting demons; yet.

But that's out of topic, once again. My bad.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Challenge the one you would like to figure out. Ns are future orientated, Ss past orientated. Make a proposal you know to work more efficient and overall improved. A new way of thinking, preferably not readily apparent. If they reject the idea, they are S, if they make an effort to understand your idea they are N, certainly if they are impressed with your clever thinking.

Make sure your idea is sound though.
    Nope. Si is past-oriented as it applies to the present, and Se is purely present-oriented with little to no regard for the past or the future.

This is just one reason among many that MBTI is a gross oversimplification.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Nope. Si is past-oriented as it applies to the present, and Se is purely present-oriented with little to no regard for the past or the future.

This is just one reason among many that MBTI is a gross oversimplification.
    Past and present then.

Actually the present does not really exist. What you experience will either be the past or future. So the descriptions are not fully accurate. But I got what you meant. Only it's a yes, not a nope

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Past and present then.

Actually the present does not really exist. What you experience will either be the past or future. So the descriptions are not fully accurate. But I got what you meant. Only it's a yes, not a nope
    No, it's definitely a nope. There's a similar divide between Ne and Ni; both can relate to the future in some contexts but relate to the past or present in others. This is, again, why MBTI is a huge oversimplification and you need to read Jung if you really want to grasp what this stuff is all about.

and you need to read Jung if you really want to grasp what this stuff is all about.
    LOL, what kind of an argument is this? Please give specific examples if you want me be to believe you.

OP asks N vs S, it's not all that difficult. You are making a turtle into a snake. Because when you look at function theory things start to get sketchy, it does not add up.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

LOL, what kind of an argument is this? Please give specific examples if you want me be to believe you.

OP asks N vs S, it's not all that difficult. You are making a turtle into a snake. Because when you look at function theory things start to get sketchy, it does not add up.
    Actually, it does add up--but you're not the first ISFP I've seen make that claim without bothering to research it. As such, I'm going to use Ne to infer that it's probably not going to accomplish much for me to try and convince you.

Suffice it to say, this is far more complicated than you think it is. S vs. N is much more involved than "DO U LIKE REAL STUFF OR IMAGINARY STUFF???"

And as I said, you need to read Jung to understand why.

Actually, it does add up--but you're not the first ISFP I've seen make that claim without bothering to research it. As such, I'm going to use Ne to infer that it's probably not going to accomplish much for me to try and convince you.

Suffice it to say, this is far more complicated than you think it is. S vs. N is much more involved than "DO U LIKE REAL STUFF OR IMAGINARY STUFF???"

Excellent use of Si^

And this was proper use of Ne and Ti - FYI.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

So Jung should clear this up nicely then? If so, I'm getting my butt into some research.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    So Jung should clear this up nicely then? If so, I'm getting my butt into some research.
    Jungian theory is . Psychological Types is a must-read for anyone really into MBTI (even if you just skip to the function descriptions ).

He doesn't sugarcoat it, and the phrasing has so much connotation - I LOVE it. I think most of us recognize that MBTI profiles are often very fluffy. Maybe because Isabel Myers was one of those sweet INFPs, MBTI can be very care bears singing kumbaya, sunshine shining out of your behind, unicorns flying in the sky, etc.... I can see how Jungian theory captured her imagination though, and the attempt to put in laymen's terms & make a system is cool.

*OrangeAppled is slightly tipsy at the moment
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe