User Tag List

First 2345614 Last

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    My mom is a hard core S. Whenever I try to talk to her about the meanings behind my dreams and what they could possibly mean, she gets all "Stephanie, dreams are dreams! They aren't real. Stop fantasizing and do something."

I really don't know. I'm almost sure I'm an S, but its possible my S is lower than normal. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm an INFP, but I have the ability and often enjoy conversing with theories and fantasy. I like to wonder 'what if'? I'm quite the avid fiction reader as well. I do enjoy stories that seem larger than life, that couldn't possibly happen here [or so people like to think]. But I still feel that my S is dominant in myself. *shrugs* Oh well
    Yes, but can you tell fantasy from reality?

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Yes, but can you tell fantasy from reality?
    Well I like to think I do, which is why I'm sensor dominant. I have no doubt I'm a sensor, I just enjoy jumping into the 'intuitive' world for a nice swim.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

My mom is a hard core S. Whenever I try to talk to her about the meanings behind my dreams and what they could possibly mean, she gets all "Stephanie, dreams are dreams! They aren't real. Stop fantasizing and do something."

I really don't know. I'm almost sure I'm an S, but its possible my S is lower than normal. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm an INFP, but I have the ability and often enjoy conversing about life that others presume to be fantasy/fluffy or a theory. I like to wonder 'what if'? I'm quite the avid fiction reader as well. I do enjoy stories that seem larger than life, that isn't as plausible to happen here or so people like to think. But I still feel that my S is dominant in myself. *shrugs* Oh well
    Sorry. I didn't really mean to mess with your quote that much.
    Just had some fun. That's my take on it.

I do believe that I am more or less well adapted nowadays. Not sure if I try to be or anything, it's just so much harder to talk to people... and share anything if I use my own language. That saddens me. if it hadn't been for this forum... I'd found something else to channel through. Heh.
    I'm happy being here though.

OOT:
    How does S's react on the internet? Or web forums for that matter?
    How does it feel and how do you interpret the being? How do you see it? How do you live it?
    Heh, sorry. I don't mean to be odd.
    Last edited by Serendipity; 12-31-2009 at 11:51 PM. Reason: Forgot the OOT: sign.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    Sorry. I didn't really mean to mess with your quote that much.
    Just had some fun. That's my take on it.
    Eh, no worries
    You stated those 3 things into a better means of communication. [I think it was just 3 ]

But by all means, I'm not assuming I'm an N. It might be kinda cool to N, but I'm pretty sure I'm an S. It may also have to do with the fact that I'm a 4w3 as well. Who knows.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

I really don't know. I'm almost sure I'm an S, but its possible my S is lower than normal. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm an INFP, but I have the ability and often enjoy conversing with theories and fantasy. I like to wonder 'what if'? I'm quite the avid fiction reader as well. I do enjoy stories that seem larger than life, that couldn't possibly happen here [or so people like to think]. But I still feel that my S is dominant in myself. *shrugs* Oh well
    hit me up girl

Well I like to think I do, which is why I'm sensor dominant. I have no doubt I'm a sensor, I just enjoy jumping into the 'intuitive' world for a nice swim.
    P+N is way to much.

Would not trade my P for anything though . I dont really care about the other letters.

Having a firm grip on what is going in is an advantage imo.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

I tend to use the preferring theory to experience, and look for a general pattern, because there are always moments of exception in everyone.

I mistyped several ISFPs as INFPs when I got into MBTI because they are imaginative and creative and far less linear than most sensors in my life (and I relate to them because of Fi). However, the key difference still came down to theory over experience. They seem to trust in their own experience over theory, and I tend to trust theory over experience, even my own. If I get too conceptual for them, their eyes glaze over. If I use some illustrative example that relates directly to them and their personal experience, they grasp the concept readily. My ESFP sister won't even hear my hypothetical musings - it's not real, so it's not valid. I don't think all sensors are that extreme, but it's the tendency & a pattern I look for.

I also look for how connected to the moment they are. Even ENxx types sometimes get this look in their eye like their mind is somewhere else. I notice it less with sensors - they are engaged in the present. I'm sure Sensors daydream, but it seems to be in moments where the present is not stimulating them. I can daydream to escape stimulation, or it starts a tangent of ideas that are more fascinating than the reality and I zone out.

Also: my family is full of Sensors who are avid readers, of fiction and nonfiction. My mother and I actually share a preference for classic literature, but when it comes to nonfiction she prefer biographies and I prefer psychology (or is that fiction also? ). So that doesn't seem accurate in determining type to me. I also know Ns who are not readers, but that does seem rare.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Quote Originally Posted by Nigel Tufnel View Post
    I/E, J/P, T/F are often fairly apparent after you meet someone a few times

but I've known people for years I can't tell if they're N or S

being handy is one indicator, but not always apparent from typical office/party/playing sports activities

many Ns, like me, don't walk around discussing theories, and some people who seem like Ss do, so that doesn't really seem to work

not enough evidence in daily life for me, how do you tell?
    Flawed, but well worth reading: Amazon.com: The Art of Speed Reading People: How to Size People Up and Speak Their Language (9780316845182): Paul D. Tieger, Barbara Barron-Tieger: Books

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I prefer psychology (or is that fiction also? ).
    Most definitely. I also enjoy psychology. Especially suicide case studies. Morbid..but, well, I do. Anyway. I can tell what is fantasy and not. Most Ns seems to have difficulties and mix things up. Another difference.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Most definitely. I also enjoy psychology. Especially suicide case studies. Morbid..but, well, I do. Anyway. I can tell what is fantasy and not. Most Ns seems to have difficulties and mix things up. Another difference.
    Or rather, a different perspective. Everything begins as an idea
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe