User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Read Jung and figure out what Ne, Ni, Se and Si are.

MBTI is one big oversimplification of Jung.
    Damnit, you beat me to it.

The problem you're most likely running into is that every type uses both S and N. You either use introverted sensing with extroverted iNtuition, or you use introverted iNtuition with extroverted sensing. They are different functional roles that occupy different cognitive space in the brain. The older you are, the more access you get to the weaker areas, so most types will exhibit N and S tendencies with a little work. This is why, quite often, old people are difficult to type correctly. You really should read up on Jung though, it'll make Myers Briggs make much more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    The problem you're most likely running into is that every type uses both S and N.
    Of course. It's just the preference, does not even have to be the strongest function. But in some things the difference really is striking.

Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    N houses tend to be filled with a lot more books and paper than S houses, although that's not always a reliable guideline. However the books that are in S houses tend to be more of a practical nature.
    incorrect. the N never noticed the tremendous amount of books in the S house because they were so neatly placed in a bookshelf that was like all the other neatly placed stuff. so the N assumed there were none due to the camouflaged overall picture of everything being neatly placed. if they even noticed anything at all
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Talk to them about extra-dimensional aliens who could be living in the doorway of your pineal gland. If they continue the conversation on a similar wavelength, they are undoubtedly N(e at least).

any of you Sensrawrs want to talk about extra-dimensional planes and the possibilities of your dream realms being more real than your 'real' realm, pm me.

MBTI
    ISFJ

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    Of course. It's just the preference, does not even have to be the strongest function. But in some things the difference really is striking.
    It's most striking in IxxJ and ExxP because the perception divide is between the dominant and the inferior, rather than the secondary and tertiary. The latter two are more learned and the former two are more natural/unnatural. IxxP and ExxJ have both most likely accessed their tertiary perceptive function enough to support the secondary.
    Last edited by incubustribute; 12-31-2009 at 10:53 PM. Reason: I misspaked mahself

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    incorrect. the N never noticed the tremendous amount of books in the S house because they were so neatly placed in a bookshelf that was like all the other neatly placed stuff. so the N assumed there were none due to the camouflaged overall picture of everything being neatly placed. if they even noticed anything at all
    Incorrect; this is only true of SJ houses. SPs are a totally different animal and they're often just as messy as NPs.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

I know many SPs and SJs with books, but most of them are as a means to a concrete end - work related, travel guides, how tos. Their houses are generally not dominated by papers, publications, books that follow the person's fleeting and extremely varied interests.

For example, in my ESTJ boyfriend's apartment, he had a number of books on how to play the violin (hobby in which he was independently trying to learn what I could easily have shown him in a fraction of the time), some literature texts (he was an English teacher), some books on leadership (aspiring to be a principal and in the midst of a Master's degree), and a few magazines on politics.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Incorrect; this is only true of SJ houses. SPs are a totally different animal and they're often just as messy as NPs.
    We just make sure our mess looks attractive
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

SPs are a totally different animal and they're often just as messy as NPs.
    Jayy more! dont take stuff so seriously with meaning and all those weird things! I love messy animals. My house looks like a bombed whorehouse.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

My mom is a hard core S. Whenever I try to talk to her about the meanings behind my dreams and what they could possibly mean, she gets all "Stephanie, dreams are dreams! They aren't real. Stop fantasizing and do something."

I really don't know. I'm almost sure I'm an S, but its possible my S is lower than normal. I wouldn't go as far as saying that I'm an INFP, but I have the ability and often enjoy conversing with theories and fantasy. I like to wonder 'what if'? I'm quite the avid fiction reader as well. I do enjoy stories that seem larger than life, that couldn't possibly happen here [or so people like to think]. But I still feel that my S is dominant in myself. *shrugs* Oh well
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.