User Tag List

First 21011121314 Last

MBTI
    intp

I've had the impression that my mom is an N but I frequently find myself questioning that... Like, today we went to see the film "Avatar" together. I was mesmerised by the film and, when we left the theatre, I went over the film in my head, the beautiful imagery, the beautiful message, and the lovely Na'vi people... but my mom started instantly talking about how she needs to wash the car. :/ Then we started talking about the film, and I said that it was mind-blowing, and mom agreed that it was good. I started making comparisons to Native cultures in Africa and America and how people once destroyed them, and then my mom got irritable and said: "It was a nice film but please don't ruin this by starting to talk about something that has nothing to do with it. It's not the same thing! This was just a film."

It's things like this that make me think that my mom can't be an N despite her premonitions about the future... Now I think that I've incorrectly concluded that she's an N based on insuffucient evidence.

MBTI
    esfp
    Enneagram

That won't work on a strong S type... we're too observant. We'll just duck.

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    Sorry about this...

*whips a pair of Timberlands at you*

That should test for super-S.
    I'm a little teapot, short and stout. Here is my handle and here is my spout. Every time I steam up, I give a shout. Just tip me over and pour me out.

MBTI
    ESFJ

I am going to say it people .. A sensor is finally going to say it .. Stop seeing, hearing, feeling everything as black and white Where the hell is the grey??????

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Is their thought process more random, connecting the dots, or future oriented (N) or is it more factual, specific, and based on past history (S). You can try and get clues related to this based on how they talk but it is not always easy because people use their left or right hand to fit the specific situation.

Another clue - Ns finish other people's sentences
    Oh darling .. being an S, i like connecting the dots, i enjoy different interpretations than my own, i want to be challenged. Now granted, i don't always verbalise my thoughts so it may seem i am not a deep/intellectual thinker .. But the thoughts are there, i am just connecting and expanding them myself. I personally don't need to impress anyone else with my conclusions. I get satisfaction from it myself.

Do you know why i don't finish other peoples sentences .. And there are times when i know what they are going to say .. Because it is rude
    “I made you take time to look at what I saw and when you took time to really notice my flower, you hung all your associations with flowers on my flower and you write about my flower as if I think and see what you think and see—and I don't.”
    ― Georgia O'Keeffe

Quote Originally Posted by Kaveri View Post

It's things like this that make me think that my mom can't be an N despite her premonitions about the future... Now I think that I've incorrectly concluded that she's an N based on insuffucient evidence.

Now here's an interesting thread . . . My mom was a definite sensor and yet she was very in tune with the supernatural/premonitions/mind reading . . . What does that mean? Does anyone have any theories?

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Now here's an interesting thread . . . My mom was a definite sensor and yet she was very in tune with the supernatural/premonitions/mind reading . . . What does that mean? Does anyone have any theories?
    I am starting to think it's not all or nothing N/S or T/F. Wow. That sounds so profound, DUH....hahaha! But really, I think if a person is, let's say INTP with 60% N, then they might have 100% Ti, and 60% Ne with 40% Se. Or if someone fits the type description of ISTJ, but is very intuitive, perhaps they are 55% S, 45% N; allowing them to have nearly equal use of Si and Ni, followed by good Te.

I started thinking about this by really watching and analyzing my kids. I thought my son was For Sure an infp cuz he's pretty wacky and definitely an Fi user. But he also likes to fix things and take them apart and see how they work (Ti). Since my husband's primary function is Ti, I recognize it well. So I think my son is INXP, with good use of both T and F (from his parents?). As an infp, he'd be Fi/Ne and as intp, he'd be Ti/Ne. So, judging by his personality right now, I'd list his functions as Fi/Ti, and Ne.

This is the only function theory that really makes sense to me. I'm convinced we get a mix from our parents, unless our parents are the same type (then we still get the less expressed traits). Of course genes can and will do anything, but I'm talking statistically, using averages. And this helps me to understand why an ISTP can be very intuitive. If his S/N is close, then Ne will be one of his earliest functions to develop. I think this is probably more likely than the later projected and theorized development of Ni in an ISTP.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    3h50
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Premonitions are pretty common in Si users. The environmental stimuli resonate with a past experience, bringing up a recollection of the experience as a whole, but interpreted as a omen of the future (Si - what is past is the same as what the future will bring)

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Premonitions are pretty common in Si users. The environmental stimuli resonate with a past experience, bringing up a recollection of the experience as a whole, but interpreted as a omen of the future (Si - what is past is the same as what the future will bring)
    Ah, this makes sense, because my mom is obviously a J, so if she's an S, then she's not "supposed" to have strong Ni. I thought that Ni alone is responsible for things like mind-reading and premonitions

My mom is really good at interpretting subtle signs... Like, when she calls me, she always knows by the tone of my voice wether something is wrong, wether I'm reading something or walking somewhere... She's like: "A-ha, so you're on the computer now? A-ha, now you're going to town?"

And she has these premonitions all the time... Once she called a clerk to pass on a message, and after the call she felt like the clerk hadn't properly passed on the message, so she called again, and it turned out that the clerk hadn't properly passed on the message. But my mom just couldn't get rid of the feeling that something's not correct, and she called a third time, and turned out that the clerk still hadn't properly passed on the message.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I think S tends to read books that have a strong plot line, and they can tell you every step of the plot line, whereas N can't. So when you ask an S what the book was about, he will say something like, "This guy was kidnapped, and he was hidden in an underground tunnel, and the police were trying to find him, and ..." and an N will say "It was about the struggle between good and evil, the conflict between light and dark..."

MBTI
    ENTP

Do N's repeat... re-read/rewatch things they enjoy....

My sister commented about a programme she had seen that she'd seen it once already....

I love watching things I enjoy more than once

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    468 sx/sp
    Socionics
    EII None

I only keep books I've read more than once. When I order a movie, I typically watch it at least three times in a row. If I buy music, I listen to it until it's memorized. If I like it, I want to incorporate it completely.