User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Avis View Post
    If you throw the grenade: S.
    If you throw the safety pin: N.
    I think it's safe to say that if N/S were from a single gene, N would not be on a dominant allele. Natural selection would have made the gene extinct by now.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Here's how I know I'm N. When I go out with my artist sister to eat at a new restaurant the ride home will be filled with comments about the environment, such as,
    S "Did you notice the pretty blue cornflowers on the plate?"
    N "What? No, I thought the plates were white.
    S "Yes, they perfectly complemented the sage green and brown pin striping on the wall paper.
    N "What? No really? I thought the walls were white!"
    LOL! I can't tell you how many times I've had variations on that theme!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I don't use any of the cognitive function garbage when trying to draw out S or N. I look at 2 things:

1) what they seem to covet
    2) how they frame their ideas

video animum
    Please explain further.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Why read a book when the internet can provide information on any subject imaginable?
    Why limit yourself to one form of media?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

I would if i could. When typing people i just don't anchor anything they do or say in particular, nor do i try to explain what I see via cognitive functions since multiple functions/combinations of functions can be used to explain any behavior. I just watch them and LISTEN to them intensely, and my intuition does it for me. Its pretty neat. I could be off greatly at times though and would never know....

But even if I am wrong much of the time, I'm supremely confident that most people basically "Wear" their type on their body, on their face and especially in their voice. The trick is to find someone you know that is, say INFP, and study their mannerisms until you can spot them in a stranger.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by nozflubber View Post
    I would if i could. When typing people i just don't anchor anything they do or say in particular, nor do i try to explain what I see via cognitive functions since multiple functions/combinations of functions can be used to explain any behavior. I just watch them and LISTEN to them intensely, and my intuition does it for me. Its pretty neat. I could be off greatly at times though and would never know....

But even if I am wrong much of the time, I'm supremely confident that most people basically "Wear" their type on their body, on their face and especially in their voice. The trick is to find someone you know that is, say INFP, and study their mannerisms until you can spot them in a stranger.
    Makes sense. I don't understand the "covet" part though. What impression are you forming there?

MBTI
    xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Why limit yourself to one form of media?
    Different forms of media have different advantages and disadvantages. While supplementing materials from many forms of media is preferred, I've presently declined avid bookreading for its disadvantages.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

DoubleplusUngoodNonperson
    MBTI
    Hype

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    Makes sense. I don't understand the "covet" part though. What impression are you forming there?
    I just mean try to get a feel for where their mind is coming from and where they are going with what they say and what they believe, as its a good sign of what they are after.... NFs a more principled/harmonious world, NTs the elusive/novel forms of knowledge, SJs the next rung on the ladder, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Windigo View Post
    Here's how I know I'm N. When I go out with my artist sister to eat at a new restaurant the ride home will be filled with comments about the environment, such as,
    S "Did you notice the pretty blue cornflowers on the plate?"
    N "What? No, I thought the plates were white.
    S "Yes, they perfectly complemented the sage green and brown pin striping on the wall paper.
    N "What? No really? I thought the walls were white!"
    LOL! I can't tell you how many times I've had variations on that theme!
    So Ss are more dominant then Ns, since she decides what the conversation will be about. And Ns the passive one. That makes sense.

I often wonder if there is not an hidden correlation between N/S and F/T, sometimes they seem to come out as the same thing, F being N, and S being T. Governed by the P/J and E/J for direction and conclusion vs perception. Anyone else notice this? I know, not very well explained, but system analyse isn't exactly my strong point. I just found it peculiar, and wonder if it is true?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepy View Post
    So Ss are more dominant then Ns, since she decides what the conversation will be about. And Ns the passive one. That makes sense.

I often wonder if there is not an hidden correlation between N/S and F/T, sometimes they seem to come out as the same thing, F being N, and S being T. Governed by the P/J and E/J for direction and conclusion vs perception. Anyone else notice this? I know, not very well explained, but system analyse isn't exactly my strong point. I just found it peculiar, and wonder if it is true?
    No, she just dominated the conversation about the environment about which I was utterly lost, because I had dominated the conversation over dinner about ideas and was focused more in a world of possibilities and ideas than wall paper and fine china.