Thread: Aggressive Se

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    If it's regarding Se in socionics then this doesn't apply to IS_Ps.
    True... I hadn't accounted for the differences in socionics to jungian regarding which type is equivalent to which.

At the same time, I think the descriptions of the functions according to socionics are spot on.

I find the comfort vs. physical space acquisition differences of Si vs. Se to be astoundingly true. The word "aggressive" does not necessarily need to have a negative connotation.

I wonder even if those who heavily rely on Se may understand the positive, even peaceful advantages when they hear the word "aggression"- I do- and I have definitely noticed that those who heavily rely on Si users cringe at the word.

Twerking & Lurking ayoitsStepho's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Afkan View Post
    I see. Aww, you are leveling with me. Lets hold hands and sing koombya. No, SPs are not usually the "deep" type.
    Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    ayoitsStepho is becoming someone else. Actually her true self, a rite of passage.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by ayoitsStepho View Post
    I apologize...I didn't mean it derogatorily. The sensors I know would be offended to be called deep...but MDP2525 made good points and educated me about the zen-like qualities of Se a few posts ago.

I used "not deep" to refer to what I understand to be true about SPs, that you don't have a huge amount of interest in philosophy or theoretical discussions... neither do SJs. The S's I know readily admit this, as in, whoa, please lets not mess with that stuff for too long.

That's not to say that all S's share the same opinion. I'm open to hearing any and all points of view...In conversation do you enjoy talking a lot about those kinds of topics?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

I would also like to say...why does "deep" have to equate with "intelligent"?
    Last edited by Afkan; 01-02-2010 at 10:08 PM.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by MDP2525 View Post
    I wouldn't say deep in the philosophical sense that you may be accustomed to. However, I think there is a zen to Se that is undervalued and that is it's depth. The beauty of it is that it is experienced one on one with sensation. It is not something that is discussed and debated. It is shown and proven. I wish more N's were open to experiencing Se because it is freeing and subjectively enlightening to it's owner.
    i do think zen as a practice was created for Ni/inj types to understand, recognize, appreciate, and free themselves thru Se.

buddhism and vedic philosophies being one giant fucking tangled mass of Ni. one of its highest forms of advancement and development (like german transcendental idealism). zen (Se) as a way out of the trap, balancing, present experience, and the joy of merging with perceptual experience rather than putting up a wall of meaning and viewing the world thru a rifle sight.

the only thing rigid in zen is that the meaning of zen is just zen. which is, don't you fucking stop Se'ing or we'll smack you with a ruler! but for inj types the meaning of the experience, of moving from Ni to Se seems revelatory, very pure, liberating, etc. ie thank you inferior function!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by the state i am in View Post
    i do think zen as a practice was created for Ni/inj types to understand, recognize, appreciate, and free themselves thru Se.

buddhism and vedic philosophies being one giant fucking tangled mass of Ni. one of its highest forms of advancement and development (like german transcendental idealism). zen (Se) as a way out of the trap, balancing, present experience, and the joy of merging with perceptual experience rather than putting up a wall of meaning and viewing the world thru a rifle sight.

the only thing rigid in zen is that the meaning of zen is just zen. which is, don't you fucking stop Se'ing or we'll smack you with a ruler! but for inj types the meaning of the experience, of moving from Ni to Se seems revelatory, very pure, liberating, etc. ie thank you inferior function!
    I agree.

I've come to very similar conclusions on the study of Taoism.
    Function Activity:
    Ni > Te > Ti = Fi > Ne > Si = Fe > Se

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2
    Socionics
    EIE None

Mmk, just for fun...

See an aggressively protective nature in the following clip:

Starring Veronica, Portia di Rossi's character (ENTJ), Phil (INTP i think), and Lem (INTJ i think)

Hulu - Better Off Ted: Medical

"This must be how a baby lion feels when it yells at a receptionist to get its medical records." ROTFL

*I posted this in a thread about the character's types in Better off Ted.