• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Type is the Most Likely to be a Troll?

Which type is most likely to troll?

• ISTJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ISFJ

Votes: 1 1.1%
  • ESTJ

• ESFJ

• ISTP

• ISFP

• ESTP

Votes: 6 6.8%
  • ESFP

• INTJ

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • INFJ

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • ENTJ

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • ENFJ

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • INTP

Votes: 19 21.6%
  • INFP

Votes: 4 4.5%
  • ENTP

Votes: 41 46.6%
  • ENFP

Votes: 2 2.3%

• Total voters

sleepy

Could you explain what "derp" means?

So at least other people will know.

Probably something like this :thinking:

derp.jpg

Qre:us

What does trolling in real life entail?

Someone decides to join a real life social group where they have gatherings every weekend. But when he goes there he insults the people there for discussion of their topics (known as real life trolling).
Basically someone who joins anything in real life to give himself a cheap laugh out of it by insulting other people. Or perhaps inappropriate behaviour in a proper setting.

Not quite.

So drunks and hecklers, basically.

My first thoughts exactly.

You can say that. But I do believe trolls are more aware and conscious of what they do. They do it purposely.

No. Trolls being only a virtual net phenomenon means that they get one free party trick. Anonymity in self-identification.

Real life hecklers and drunks, even if you don't know their names, they're physically there presenting their special trick, hence, real life consequences, if there were to be any.

Trolling (aka, virtual reality only) allows you to bypass that. Be as socially awkward irl as you like; all of a sudden, on the net, you can get the balls and the wit you "always had inside", to come out....and let have. NET= Nerd Engages Testicles. Self (identity) secured....one click. *Poof* Social performance anxiety abated.

I.e., trolling doesn't really relate to real life scenarios.

OP-

INxx very likely. INTx likely.
ENTXs are likely to fall into this as well, as the net attracts their personality, esp. ENTP. So, other likely candidates.

Could you explain what "derp" means?

So at least other people will know.

Do you know what it means?

You

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
Just walking through...Dont mind me.

sculpting

silly necroposter bring old dead threads back to life...

ENTPs love to pick at ideas and INTPs and INTJs to point out stupidity.. I cant call this trolling to be honest, although it can be harsh.

But I suggest the winner is NiTiFe, my mirror. When gone VERY badly, these folks lash out at others to prevent expression of external ideas that threaten their own self identity, their own self understanding...

"A bad idea machine is a bad idea"

The insult format will be one of subtle, offhand, sarcastic insults at individual, not the idea of the individual. This is the TROLL part. This can lead to a global attempt at character assassination should they feel you dont meet the social standards for intellectual contribution. They will follow you all over the board insulting you over and over again, in an attempt to sway external opinion. They also will turn the problem from a discussion of a general idea into a discussion of the character flaws of the idea originator-if the idea originator wasnt so fucked up, surely they would never have suggested such a fucked up idea....Like you arent smart enough to think for yourself. Often they very blatantly project their own external issues-as they accuse other people of having that exact issue. Projection.

NFPs end up on the wrong sides of these sorts of folks they evaluate logical competency in terms of Ti-not Fi or Te, thus they cant understand where our ideas come from, thus by default the idea must be wrong as it seems so sloppy, since they cant see the Fi underpinning.

The fact that we then choose to voice the idea via Te speculation actually violates their Fe value of harmonious group interactions and socially earned right to sharing of ideas, as no innate Ti user would ever voice a speculative idea so "forcefully" and in such a "bossy, know it all manner".

I havent seen these folks here, as our INFJs, even the Ti skilled ones, are very caring and seem to desire to understand others, but I have noted this on other MBTI forums.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Everyone who voted for something other than ENTP (even if it was INTP) deserves to get smacked. Seriously.

xisnotx

Permabanned
intps troll with a purpose. entps troll because it's fun.
My isfp sister trolls regularly which I found quite shocking when I found out.

Last edited:

Coco

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
I picked ISFJ.
Wich is such a funny and amazing trolling.
Therefore, the best trolling type is ESFP.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't underestimate them.

Chloe

I put INTP. Hiding behind the screen, having fun by themselves poking fun at people. ENTP is more likely to use interaction to connect. Since INTP need less of it, they will concentrate on trolling more. And, there is way more INTPs on the internet.

Aleksei

Yeah, I can fly.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I put INTP. Hiding behind the screen, having fun by themselves poking fun at people. ENTP is more likely to use interaction to connect. Since INTP need less of it, they will concentrate on trolling more. And, there is way more INTPs on the internet.
ENTPs are actually not very sociable IRL, due to being nerds and not relating too much to regular people -- much like myself. Extroversion vs introversion is not so much about how bold one is, but how much interaction one needs for mental stimulation. Introverts are overwhelmed by interaction with others, and as such retreat to their own little world; so as such I wouldn't expect them to try to "intensify" their online socialization, as a reclusive extrovert (like myself) would. So ENTPs are probably more likely than INTPs to get the urge to bug people online for shits and giggles (they're not looking so much to "connect" with others), post whatever's on their mind in forums, the works.

I actually have a personal example here to relate to. Me and my INTP cousin spend roughly as much time online, but while he spends most of his time reading and learning, I spend most of my time IMing and posting in forums. Whenever he does post something anywhere (usually Reddit) he always thinks and rethinks what he's gonna post before he does it -- and sometimes he altogether decides against posting. I just regurgitate whatever's on my mind at the time.

As for there being more INTPs, I kind of assumed this was proportional (besides, there aren't that many less ENTPs than INTPs online).