User Tag List

First 12

Thumbs down The Purpose of Negativity

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I am sincerely of the opinion that negativity accomplishes NOTHING...
    Just up the road from me in our New Parliament House negativity accomplishes the limitation of power, everyday.

For our Parliament is based on liberal democracy and the limitation of power.

So we elect not only a Government but also a Loyal Opposition. And we do this so the Loyal Opposition will limit the power of the Government, and interestingly so that the Government will limit the power of the Loyal Opposition.

And we do this because we have discovered that power tends to corrupt and absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely. But there are those who do not or will not understand this and criticize our Parliament for its negativity. And the most common criticism is that the negativity of Parliament is childish.

This is an intuitive criticism, for power seeks intuitively to increase itself, but counter-intuitively liberal democracy seeks to limit power.

And those who intuitively call Parliament childish are also those who intuitively believe in astrology or MBTI.

So thank God we now have counter-intuitive astronomy and a counter-intuitive liberal democratic Parliament and understand the purpose of negativity.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9

i blame organised religion

MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by Happy Puppy View Post
    The more I learn and the more I watch others, I keep seeing the same frustrations arise across typological categories-specifically across the (TeFi)/(TiFe) divide, regardless of which function order predominates. Call it type bashing if you'd like. Here and IRL.

Rather than reaching a place of understanding and mutual forgiveness of the others' differences, understanding the diffs in the jungian functions seems to lead to a more venomous dislike of those who use the other function classes. I just see more and more frustration-hypersensitivity?

An example:Fi judges others actions on its own value set, why get angry at an Fi user for doing so? Instead point this out to them and then counter with why your function combination does not do so... An attempt at education?

The same could be said for Ti seemingly being "mean" to an Fi user, Te being bossy and dominating to an Fe user, or Fe feeling controlling to a Te user.

As a group we should be better than folks in the real world at forgiving and attempting to understand others who differ from us. Instead we seem to be an order of magnitude less forgiving.

Why is this?

Do we assume that once the other understands, they should be able to change?

Do we expect they will not keep behaving according to type-even once they understand the "flaws" of said type?

How much change can you expect from another type?
    I think its probably cultural. Hopefully Obama can trickle down the chill Hawaiian culture on the US.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Just up the road from me in our New Parliament House negativity accomplishes the limitation of power, everyday.

For our Parliament is based on liberal democracy and the limitation of power.

So we elect not only a Government but also a Loyal Opposition. And we do this so the Loyal Opposition will limit the power of the Government, and interestingly so that the Government will limit the power of the Loyal Opposition.

And we do this because we have discovered that power tends to corrupt and absolute power tends to corrupt absolutely. But there are those who do not or will not understand this and criticize our Parliament for its negativity. And the most common criticism is that the negativity of Parliament is childish.

This is an intuitive criticism, for power seeks intuitively to increase itself, but counter-intuitively liberal democracy seeks to limit power.

And those who intuitively call Parliament childish are also those who intuitively believe in astrology or MBTI.

So thank God we now have counter-intuitive astronomy and a counter-intuitive liberal democratic Parliament and understand the purpose of negativity.
    90% of negativity leads to bitching, malingering, and poor morale.

10% leads of negativity leads to objectivity via realistic and brutally honest assessment of undesirable yet probable circumstances.

To be an optimist in the face of conflict does not mean you are not a realist, or objective, and certainly does not mean that you are a yellow bellied politcally correct autocrat.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro