User Tag List

First 123 Last

MBTI
    GONE

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    But ENFPs are the masters of the smileys!!

And we use exclamation marks!! So much!!!!!

And we like to talk a lot and sometimes the posts can be a bit rambling,
    I take exception to that! I do not make excessive use of exclamation points OR "smileys" NOR do I post numerous rambling random messages!

Oh ArcticAngel, I can never lie to another ENFP.

I like this emoticon the best ---> ---> I think it's SO CUTE!!!

MBTI
    ENTP

I use emoticons, but not excessively. If I have something to say, I say it, but because the idea pops into my head and I just type it out as it comes to my fingers, my posts ramble and are often longer than necessary to say what I need to say, because I can't be bothered to go through it afterwards to edit out the redundant parts or improve its conciseness. Sort of the opposite problem of many INTP's I've heard talking about how they spend so long editing and altering their post that they end up not posting it at all.

But I'm not sure how much of my style is ENTP and how much is just me.

It'd also depend on the health/maturity levels of the different types too. Because I spent most of my life repressing myself and behaving like an introvert, and only in recent times have I begun to experiment with being myself and "letting myself out" around others, I'm still quite 'immature' in the presentation aspect, and am still learning how/when to tone down, play up, engage, shut up, etc. But an ENTP who's been used to behaving ENTP for longer would probably show more restraint and/or pragmatism than I do.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

Enneagram
    1w2

This isn't really anything that's a posting style, but I really appreciate how the other ENFJs here usually don't try to speak for other ENFJs. More than once (and I do this myself) they put some disclaimer that what they're explaining may be unique to themselves and not blanketly ascribe that thing to all ENFJs. If I agree with it then I'll chime in "yeah I do that." If other ENFJs do it as well, great that's more of us. So basically, I appreciate how we're allowed to speak for ourselves and not move as The ENFJ Collective.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I'm unsure if my posting style is typical of INFJ's. But I rarely use emoticons unless I'm in a somewhat joking mood, or perhaps an empathetic one. In fact, I'm pretty serious most of the time. I don't usually try to shorten my posts, but I don't try to make them longer than they need to be. I usually just start writing a post the moment it comes to me, and then go back over it and review it a couple times, and then post it. Sometimes I even post it, notice that there's a potential interpretation or missing word/fact that I needed, and then edit it.

Actually... I would be more interested in knowing how other people perceive my posting style than I would be in describing it. I don't know if my own perception accurately reflects what other people see in my posts, or how I actually write them.

Anyway, about other types posting styles... I know INFP's tend to have two styles. One is extremely centered on bringing everything into alignment with extremely odd values that don't really make sense to me, and tend to stifle/oversimplify the discussion, sometimes even coming to a conclusion that doesn't even have anything to do with what we were talking about, at least from my perspective. Others are more focused on pointing out aspects of the discussion, and explaining additional ideas that help it along. I much prefer the latter.

MBTI
    isxp

I am ixfp. I like to either post data that I found or show funny/interesting links that directly or somehow relate to the topic. I like to see how others respond. I am still relatively new (been here almost two weeks?). I can spend hours on here at a time, and not have any incentive to post anything. When I do post something, I usually keep things short and simple, and only elaborate if asked to. Yup. I think it's rewarding enough to get to read about other people's reflections and experiences, life from different point-of-views.

I don't think I'm am an emoticon abuser. I use emoticons, only one or two per post, to remind the reader that I am human and I have reactions.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

ENFJs - mostly humor. Almost always empathetic. Kind blunt-force trauma and joking.
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I think it varies from person to person. Although in general I notice Js tend to be a great deal more formal. I'm going to give examples of people I frequently converse with and their type. I'm not sure if they're representative of their type or not... but I guess we'll find out at the end of this.

Myself (I guess I talk to myself too)
    My posts tends to be short and terse... and I have been described as vague. It's really not my intention to do so, but my mind frequently wanders off on a tangent. Ni thinking patterns are not exactly easy for others to follow. I also prefer not to bore others with trivial nonsense, so I post a lot less than what's on my mind. Similar to the comment on INTPs liking to edit before posting. I also do that extensively. Again, it's attributed to the apparent incoherent thought process and my attempt to make it flow better. Most of the time I ended up not posting because it made little sense to me when I reread it. Here, I post to either provide data or to point out patterns I've noticed or ideas prompted by the threads.

NFs and emoticons... I only use them when I want emphasis... or to indicate a general lightheartedness. The same goes for exclamations, bolding, color etc. They're tools I reserve for use only when necessary. It's clarity for the reader. So when I go I really really mean it!

INTJs (classmates and colleagues at work)
    The written word tends to be the most formal of all the people I know. They are rarely verbose and quite direct in communication style. Systematic... they usually like listing out reasons one by one. Now the next one I don't know if it's people specific or not... the few that I know are very visual orientated. They prefer bullet note form than to anything else...

ENTP (highly bias sample of one whom I frequently correspond with)
    This could be age/person dependent... but he enjoys forum debates. Or rather arguments for the entertainment sake. He once told me he wish the forum (another one... he'll find no interest here) was more active so there are people he can "attack and make fun of". I think it's the spontaneity in the exchanges that excites him. Hmmm like Sub, he likes using stories... personal ones... to illustrate his points. Not sure how this one relate to the type as a whole, but the INTJs I know and myself rarely ever use personal anecdotes if a hypothetical example will serve... I don't find him too terribly verbose. He just has a tendency to go off topic.

ESFJs
    I know quite a few in person... but none of them are into forums at all... Just aren't into such things...

~*taaa raaa raaa boom*~ targobelle's Avatar
    MBTI
    enfp

Quote Originally Posted by arcticangel02 View Post
    (Er, apologies in advance to any self-respecting ENFP out there. )

But ENFPs are the masters of the smileys!!

And we use exclamation marks!! So much!!!!!

And we like to talk a lot and sometimes the posts can be a bit rambling, but everybody does that once in a while, and that's okay, because we like everybody! And if you're sad, we will tell you you're great!

We get bored with long, theorretical discussions... :confused:

And when we're irritated, our sentences are short. And no smileys. And when we post we are sure everyone is going to hate us for being angry. But in reality, everyone else doesn't even notice. Because nobody else uses smileys. It's just us.

ETA: And I can't believe I forgot!!

lol!

I also do a lot of........... and um............ oh yah........... lol.....

I am told that when I get angry my posts become hard to read and get really scattered with NO sentence structure and lots of spelling errors...... :steam:
    ~t ...in need of hugs please...
    Jung Test Results
    Extroverted (E) 63.16% Intuitive (N) 60.53% Feeling (F) 84.38% Perceiving (P) 87.1% ~Your type is: ENFP

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post

INTJs (classmates and colleagues at work)
    The written word tends to be the most formal of all the people I know. They are rarely verbose and quite direct in communication style. Systematic... they usually like listing out reasons one by one. Now the next one I don't know if it's people specific or not... the few that I know are very visual orientated. They prefer bullet note form than to anything else...
    Actually, I find that I'm quite the opposite (during relaxed conversation, that is).

Usually, I sprinkle metaphors and evocative aromas around my technical instruments. Rather like a machete with a squeeze-toy handle.

I find that this approach increases my demographic appeal, as many types (often NFs) enjoy the glittering lights. In doing so, I can appreciate a diversity of opinion that wasn't available earlier...

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    Actually, I find that I'm quite the opposite (during relaxed conversation, that is).

Usually, I sprinkle metaphors and evocative aromas around my technical instruments. Rather like a machete with a squeeze-toy handle.

I find that this approach increases my demographic appeal, as many types (often NFs) enjoy the glittering lights. In doing so, I can appreciate a diversity of opinion that wasn't available earlier...
    It depends on how you define the atmosphere of the forum... obviously when INTJs let loose... they're quite fun loving... It's nature of Ni afterall... However I find that they are more likely to be in a serious mood more often than myself.