User Tag List

First 78910 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Yeah well of course there are things more important and inspiring than having degrees just for work and career opportunities. I can't really understand how people get motivated by that type of stuff. So far, my main motivation towards actually *finishing* something, is that finishing can open up even more opportunities (I'm not speaking about work or career, of course), like completing an mountain climbing course allowed me to climb, completing a B.S. allowed me to study a masters I really liked (much more than the bachelor), so on
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    xxxx

At OP:

Seems more like a human thing in my observations.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INTJ

Careers and degrees aren't real measures of success. I would have been more secure right now if I had learned how to weld instead of going to college, but that's the kind of sacrifices you make. You just have to remember what you want out of life. Paying taxes and things like that are necessities, and as such, you'll learn them when and if you need to. I think there are many people out there who wish they were less grown-up, like you.

Also, I only read the OP so this may have repeated some stuff.
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

it may be an Ne + Fi thing. there's nothing wrong with being in it for the process > result. it's a preference, isn't it? it's just that some people have this straight single path, some people don't.

1) "There are too many ideas and things and people too many directions to go. I was starting to believe the reason it matters to care passionately about something is that it whittles the world down to a more manageable size." (adaptation)

or

2) there's nothing to figure out, really. as long as you're living (basic needs are met etc) and happy, why whittle down when you can have it all?

or

3) this is a bunch of horse shit + i need some growing up to do lol

Having a kid at 18 forced me to commit and stick to a long term plan. Otherwise I would have played far more and taken time to enjoy exploring all the aspects of life.

Have fun!

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post

There is a struggle between wanting to give myself to people I love, and wanting to maintain an independent self, nameen!?!?
    Yeah, this is one of the central struggles I have always faced, and still face.

It's the classic Seeker/Lover dilemma.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Yeah, this is one of the central struggles I have always faced, and still face.

It's the classic Seeker/Lover dilemma.
    You can have both, love others while you seek yourself.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    You can have both, love others while you seek yourself.
    Of course you can have both, and it's worth trying to find that balance, but for some of us, it's not easy.

It may even take the course of a whole lifetime to figure it out.

I'M OUTTA HERE.

IT'S BEEN FUN.

TAKE CARE.

PEACE OUT!!!

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Wonkavision View Post
    Of course you can have both, and it's worth trying to find that balance, but for some of us, it's not easy.

It may even take the course of a whole lifetime to figure it out.
    All we can do is soldier on, thou art correct.

I've done what I thought I must, for the reasons I believed right, and somehow, between the successes and the failures, it has all held together.

I wish you luck in your quest!

Being an extroverted perceiver is not easy!...BUT - someone has to do it.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

K-back. Just ramblings...

There is nothing "mature" or even particularly impressive about getting a degree at a university, a high paying job/career, or forcing yourself to do things just for the sake of doing them, imo. Having a degree, a big house, money, and whatever else we're all "supposed" to have, does not a happy human, or family, make. You're on the right track because you already get that point. You are a single woman, and everyone has their own trail to blaze.

At the same time, I think it's important to find a balance that includes and respects the other people in your life. You must do things that have meaning to you, but if you're anything like me, you don't really want to be unnecessarily dependent on others or do less than what you know you could've and expected to do. Like you said, you're a perfectionist. As a perfectionist and an idealist, you do in fact care about the outcomes of your actions. In doing less than what you yourself expected and set out to do, esp. for reasons that are well within your control, you are likely letting yourself down in one way or another. As for me, I've all too often been my own worst enemy, sabotaging myself on more than one occasion, in rebellion and in reaction to something and/or someone.

In any case, I believe your goals are legitimate; and mostly importantly, they belong to you, even if they aren't traditionally defined. You will eventually find your way as you continue this lifelong process known as "growing up".
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.