User Tag List

First 45678 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 96

  1. #51
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    "Practice the pleasure of completion."

    That's not how I operate.

    I practice the pleasure of the process.
    Indeed, for you are ENFP.

    But...

    and this is just an observation...

    of the many, many things people have said in this thread, I observe that you have affirmed many of them (and squawked at some), and...

    apparently...

    chosen none.


    No journey is a journey if it has no destination, nor is any destination a destination if it is not reached by some path.


    I practice the pleasure of being present, in the moment.
    And after a while you practice the distress of being present but not knowing why.

    So sure, fine, emphasize the journey. The journey is the larger part of what you do anyway. And since it is, you might sometimes wish to choose one journey over another, based on what you know and what you've learned and what you love...


    This entire thread was precipitated by a conversation I had with my INTJ boyfriend earlier regarding my not having written two papers for a bio class which I, very most likely, consequently failed.

    Interestingly enough, I met him as I was attempting to write the first of the two papers, then I got hopelessly distracted by him, mind you, not his fault, just a fact.

    I met him, an intriguingly unique person who's, in a matter of a month, swept me off my feet, set my heart on fire, and has had my mind running full throttle ever since.

    Ahem.

    You want your guy saying to himself, my, she loves me so much she'll sacrifice other successes, she'll even let me stand in the way of things she has chosen! Man, I am a great one! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF HER DEEP LOOOOOVVVE! We should marry. And I'll look after her every need, because she LOOOOVES me so.

    And always will.


    ?
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  2. #52
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Indeed, for you are ENFP.

    But...

    and this is just an observation...

    of the many, many things people have said in this thread, I observe that you have affirmed many of them (and squawked at some), and...

    apparently...

    chosen none.


    No journey is a journey if it has no destination, nor is any destination a destination if it is not reached by some path.




    And after a while you practice the distress of being present but not knowing why.

    So sure, fine, emphasize the journey. The journey is the larger part of what you do anyway. And since it is, you might sometimes wish to choose one journey over another, based on what you know and what you've learned and what you love...
    This is some serious food for thought, thank you, Kalach, I will have to take time to digest this.

    Ahem.

    You want your guy saying to himself, my, she loves me so much she'll sacrifice other successes, she'll even let me stand in the way of things she has chosen! Man, I am a great one! AND IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF HER DEEP LOOOOOVVVE! We should marry. And I'll look after her every need, because she LOOOOVES me so.

    And always will.


    ?


    I'm not saying I failed to do these papers because of him.

    I'm a bit lost, right now.

    K?

    I'm not intending to simply live my life sustained upon love sweet love.

    But, with love, *we do sacrifice*

    You just need to find a balance, sheesh!!!

    My head hurts, and you, like him, have successfully made me feel like shit.

    thanks!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  3. #53
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Also, I'm sorry, Kalach, that I indeed do not know what I want to do with my life.

    For fucksake, shame on me!!!

    I'm sorry I am uncertain with how things are, and uncertain of my future.

    I'm sorry I have no set plan, to date.

    I'm sorry I've failed many classes in my life time.

    I'm sorry for all my mistakes.

    I'm sorry, okay?!?!
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  4. #54
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    A note, snottiness aside:

    (how to put this?)

    Barring major accidents, people tend go where they're going, all shouting and moaning and interpreting and hoping aside, and they find out where they were going later. When they do start finding out about it, they get to be able to choose where they'll go next. All the wrong turns and mix ups and humiliations and mistakes start to have made sense, as do the joys. This seems like a good thing.


    For the purposes of this rosy picture I shall ignore wars, famines, malicious predation, and debt. It can't rain all the time.





    Ooo, also, I'll wheel out a speech I gave an ENFP buddy once, about sensitivity. Told him, you're sensitive, right? And he looked at me like I'd called him a girl. It's not a liability, I said. Yelled, really. It's not a liability. It's a skill.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  5. #55
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    ^ I get what you're saying but it's hard to read it when you're so far away, up in the twelfth dimension, looking down on me.
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  6. #56
    Emperor/Dictator kyuuei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram
    8
    Posts
    13,881

    Default

    There are many times where I think to myself. "This was a stupid, illogical thing. Why did I do this?" after the fact. But things are different in the moment than they are in retrospect. If they weren't, no one would ever make mistakes.

    It is worrying that you have no interest in the destination.. because what motivates you but the destination, after all? Isn't that why you keep falling off the path.. because the journey looks interesting, but with no destination to drive the motivation home, it'll quickly lose it's appeal. It's like infatuation vs. love. One dies and becomes nothing, while the other gets stronger as the path goes on. The great thing about destinations is that once you arrive, it never has to be the end. It can still, in and of itself, be a journey to the next destination. Like a checkpoint.

    Because in the end, the only time you're going to stop and come to a halt is when your life runs out.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

    Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

    In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge

  7. #57
    Permabanned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi
    Posts
    25,301

    Default

    You know what, SS? I have been really burnt out on school lately. I am in my fourth year of college, and I thought I wanted to be a teacher, and now I just don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I sincerely don't. I have all of this passion, too, and I'm smart - I've got a 3.9 cumulative GPA!!!

    But what the hell am I going to do with my life? I feel like I'm too old to even be asking that question. The idea of going to grad school now repulses me. Why would I go? What would I do there? And academia is so pretentious...

    I thought I was going to do really badly this past semester. Writing my final four papers was like pulling teeth. I couldn't believe how badly I procrastinated, and how difficult for it was for me to do something that I usually love: writing!

    Ugh. I feel you so much, and there's nothing worse than someone who has their life all figured out making you feel like a child.

    Sometimes I wish someone would just take care of me. Ha ha. I'm embarrassed to even say that because I've spent so much of my life being headstrong and independent. I know I wouldn't actually be happy that way, I'm too intellectual, I have too much drive within me - but it has occured to me.

    Because. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do.

  8. #58
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kyuuei View Post
    There are many times where I think to myself. "This was a stupid, illogical thing. Why did I do this?" after the fact. But things are different in the moment than they are in retrospect. If they weren't, no one would ever make mistakes.

    It is worrying that you have no interest in the destination.. because what motivates you but the destination, after all? Isn't that why you keep falling off the path.. because the journey looks interesting, but with no destination to drive the motivation home, it'll quickly lose it's appeal. It's like infatuation vs. love. One dies and becomes nothing, while the other gets stronger as the path goes on. The great thing about destinations is that once you arrive, it never has to be the end. It can still, in and of itself, be a journey to the next destination. Like a checkpoint.

    Because in the end, the only time you're going to stop and come to a halt is when your life runs out.
    A whole lot of truth and wisdom, here, thank you!!!



    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    You know what, SS? I have been really burnt out on school lately. I am in my fourth year of college, and I thought I wanted to be a teacher, and now I just don't know what the hell I'm going to do. I sincerely don't. I have all of this passion, too, and I'm smart - I've got a 3.9 cumulative GPA!!!

    But what the hell am I going to do with my life? I feel like I'm too old to even be asking that question. The idea of going to grad school now repulses me. Why would I go? What would I do there? And academia is so pretentious...

    I thought I was going to do really badly this past semester. Writing my final four papers was like pulling teeth. I couldn't believe how badly I procrastinated, and how difficult for it was for me to do something that I usually love: writing!

    Ugh. I feel you so much, and there's nothing worse than someone who has their life all figured out making you feel like a child.

    Sometimes I wish someone would just take care of me. Ha ha. I'm embarrassed to even say that because I've spent so much of my life being headstrong and independent. I know I wouldn't actually be happy that way, I'm too intellectual, I have too much drive within me - but it has occured to me.
    Because. I. Don't. Know. What. To. Do.
    A lot of empathy, here.

    I feel you, sister.

    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

  9. #59
    Filthy Apes! Kalach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Posts
    4,318

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    ^ I get what you're saying but it's hard to read it when you're so far away, up in the twelfth dimension, looking down on me.
    See, now, if I were talking to an ESFP, I'd make some Se joke right about now, something about the avatar picture. But can't do that because it doesn't speak to either Si or Ne.

    What would an ISTJ say? Something concrete? Something that let you start telling stories? An inferior Ne insight into what the Si details of the stories may be. Something that would let you start processing past experience, like you want to do, and tell stories. Bio exams, new lovers, old pains...


    Right?




    It's not looking down. It's looking N.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

    Boy meets Grr

  10. #60
    `~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    9,849

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Ooo, also, I'll wheel out a speech I gave an ENFP buddy once, about sensitivity. Told him, you're sensitive, right? And he looked at me like I'd called him a girl. It's not a liability, I said. Yelled, really. It's not a liability. It's a skill.
    Being sensitive can be a liability, yes.

    It is both a beautiful blessing and a horrible curse, of course, it could only take a sensitive person to realize this.

    There is a cost for caring.

    A price for empathizing.

    fyi
    `
    'Cause you can't handle me...

    "A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

    "That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

    Veritatem dies aperit

    Ride si sapis

    Intelligentle sparkles

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Is this an INFJ thing, or am I just crazy?
    By Ribonuke in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-13-2013, 12:41 PM
  2. [INTJ] is this an intj thing?
    By Agent Jelly in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 08-07-2011, 09:06 AM
  3. Is mbti an "NTP thing"?
    By Barlwooh in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-29-2011, 09:34 AM
  4. Is this an EXFX thing?
    By Snow Turtle in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 11-11-2008, 09:50 PM
  5. [INTP] Is this an INTP thing? Or am I just sick?
    By Mort Belfry in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 01-30-2008, 10:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO