User Tag List

First 34567 Last

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

Quote Originally Posted by SillySapienne View Post
    I'm officially tired and feel somewhat embarrassed for creating this thread.

Don't know why.

For an extrovert, I have a tendency to be really about personal shit that matters deeply to me.

I feel exposed.

Nekkid, and not in the good way.

What better way to express yourself if not in the naked form? (sorry. I dunno, I got a cliché thought)
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

What, are you kidding me?
    This thread is a welcome departure from the insanity that is posted on a daily basis.
    I think you should listen to your inner voice and dance.
    As long as you have passion for it, you will never go wrong.

I'm officially tired and feel somewhat embarrassed for creating this thread.

Don't know why.

For an extrovert, I have a tendency to be really about personal shit that matters deeply to me.

I feel exposed.

Nekkid, and not in the good way.

It's okay. All you said is that you're human, which is a good thing...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    INFp

This phenomenon is your riddle of who you are now and when growing up. When certain emotions and desires in the experience of existence remain undiscovered a dissatisfaction crops up that creates a sense of disconnect from the world at large that loves rigor and logic to remain glued to the order of structure and security.

What I believe is happening is you are bored with the way the system functions hence subconsciously rebel against the institutions and people that forget the greatest minds that exist do not think in straight lines but in fact use imagination to create extraordinary feats in this world. Whether this is mathematical, physical, abstract, artistic, literary doesn't matter. We are born to create, whether its biological, physical, emotional, logical, spiritual, an equation, a painting the source is the same.

What concrete thinkers do is have limiting beliefs that traditional views are safe and structured and secure for them until tested safe. Thinking outside the box goes against their core beliefs and they hate it and want to shut off their emotional and creative side at all costs. Then imagine this happens to emotions and abstract thinkers but in reverse fashion, its hell for us. That the system operates counter intuitively to the way we expect. And this isn't an NP quality either. Imagination is the gift we are all born with as children and when we grow up critical and concrete thinking is conditioned into us that abstract reasoning and imagination are things to be removed from the psyche at all costs because its the adult thing to do...

Yet imagine the kind of emotional association each of us have with positive and negative experience and energies whether logical or emotional. The way this shapes our lives and the vibrations that these energies carry with what we do and who we meet is astonishing. When you get older you notice the patterns more often. Imagine then the effect of words and how much imagination is needed to imagine and associate with those words from books and pictures. The deepest strings tug at us and we are oblivious.

It is fear, at the root of your problem is resistance to the current ideology that tradition and rigor brings, stuck in a box.

And this you are feeding your subconscious and what the subconscious mind learns the conscious mind creates. And as the dialogue between the dream state and your real state happen to cross the reality is messy, unfocused, unclear. Plus the words we say and hear are interpreted differently so if you want something and say you want that your subconscious is going to interpret the basics and misinterpret what your want out of life and hence the loops happen.

Its tricky stuff, I'm learning how to recreate my world view right now and the resistance is intriguing.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w2

Lady, after reading your lists of all the things you want, I have no doubts that you are going to turn any situation into an opportunity to bring this goodness to others. Whether it's teaching/writing/creating/dancing/(insert any activity here), you have something special that will thrive no matter what you throw it into. And just in case you haven't noticed, you already have brought positive change wherever you have been. You have already made an impact. Everything is going to be alright
    "Beware Those Who Are ALWAYS READING BOOKS" - Bukowski

MBTI
    INTJ

It's hard to maintain an intrinsic confidence when you have external factors that "tell" you you are not good enough.

:sad:
    Can't relate.

The ENFP connundrum: insisting vehemently on being free to chose for oneself, and when free, not choosing.

Jag, for once in his blowhard time here, observes correctly that passion is the key. And ENFPs with their insistence on free choice observe to everyone and their dogs that passion is chosen by oneself alone.

So, choose. A passion, for a project, to completion.

But it's a risk, isn't it, committing to one course of action over another.

And ENFPs... not known as risk takers, the sweethearts.

So, whatever, right? In this case, practice is what makes perfect. Practicing choosing. A little project through to completion, not an on-going thing that can fall apart, but something with a beginning and an end. Then another project, something bigger, through to to completion. Then bigger... and so on. Practice the pleasure of completion. Start little. Start with something you like.
    Bellison uncorked a flood of horrible profanity, which, translated, meant, "This is extremely unusual."

Boy meets Grr

Quote Originally Posted by Kalach View Post
    Can't relate.
    Figures.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

"Practice the pleasure of completion."

That's not how I operate.

I practice the pleasure of the process.

I practice the pleasure of being present, in the moment.

I have failed and gained from said "failures".

I've held down a job for a full year now, which I'm proud of because this job is conducive to my personality, (I'm a caregiver for an 85 year old sweetie ^__^).

But, alas, it is not enough.

This entire thread was precipitated by a conversation I had with my INTJ boyfriend earlier regarding my not having written two papers for a bio class which I, very most likely, consequently failed.

Interestingly enough, I met him as I was attempting to write the first of the two papers, then I got hopelessly distracted by him, mind you, not his fault, just a fact.

I met him, an intriguingly unique person who's, in a matter of a month, swept me off my feet, set my heart on fire, and has had my mind running full throttle ever since.

I know things will settle down, and I will be able to regain focus on myself, but he seems so disappointed by my failing to write these papers.

My bad, I admit it.

I should and could have written them, but I didn't.

I say it's not the end of the world, and he says that's an excuse.

Perhaps it is.

But, I'll take my F, gladly, I still learned a lot in that class, looked at, and learned about, many beautiful flora and fauna indigenous to Southern California, and I met some phenomenal people in the class, including my professor, whom I bonded deeply with.

I think I let my professor down, too, though. :sad:

And, my mom.

The question is, did I let myself down?!!?

I honestly don't know!!!

:confused:

My professor and I would talk for hours in and out of class.

I even told him if I ended up failing I wouldn't hold it against him, that I am just a fuck up like that. :P

There were two times during his office hours where we ended up talking about life, primarily his, and I honestly feel as though I sincerely helped him, just by listening to him, and empathizing. (fwiw, I think he's an INP)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I cannot stress this enough, helping and connecting with people is what inspires me the most.

Making someone smile, and feel less alone in the universe, well, nothing gets better than that, right?

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I find if I live in the same place for more than 2-3 years I can't stand it, if I stay in the same job/position for more than 3 years I can't stand it. I need things to change and be new in order to feel inspired.

I don't know a J that understands it, or a P that doesn't know where I'm coming from.
    I, for one, understand it. But it takes me about 4-5 years to get the "itch" to start making major changes to get out of the rut and feel inspired again.

SillySapienne, I can relate to most everything you've written in this thread. Unfortunately I haven't found answers for myself yet but I haven't given up either and the hope that some day I will is still there. Good luck with everything.

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Gamine View Post
    Lady, after reading your lists of all the things you want, I have no doubts that you are going to turn any situation into an opportunity to bring this goodness to others. Whether it's teaching/writing/creating/dancing/(insert any activity here), you have something special that will thrive no matter what you throw it into. And just in case you haven't noticed, you already have brought positive change wherever you have been. You have already made an impact. Everything is going to be alright
    A.) I fucking love you!

B.) Oddly enough, even when I am deeply down in the dumps, and, or confused, I get this feeling that everything is gonna be alright. That goodness will beget goodness, and chaos and order will continue to dance, etc.

C.) I fucking love you!

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles