User Tag List

First 12

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Pretty damn good.

Either that or I am VERY persuasive. Bwahaha.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

1. How good at it do you think you are? Have you ever been proven to be wrong? I can't really remember being proven wrong in a specific instance, but I know I have been. I generally think that I'm an excellent typist because the way that I type people is based on vibes and how people affect me. I interact with people of a certain type and sort through how they affect me, and I fine tune how I type people that way. I do this with other typing instruments as well.
    2. What value has it had in your interaction with others? What do you use it for that has practical application?

It's aided me a great deal. I discovered that the NFs that I know weren't insane and overly emotional; that they couldn't help that. It's just basically explained a lot about what people do and why to me. This is basically a practical tool for me.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

1. How good at it do you think you are? Have you ever been proven to be wrong?
    I'm decent, 50% of the time I'm usually on target. Specifically, I usually try to type temperament first, then try and type the other two letters. People are so multi-faceted, sometimes things can get in the way of typing someone. I have been proven wrong. Some people do not look their type. I have often been mistyped because of this.

2. What value has it had in your interaction with others? What do you use it for that has practical application?

I try not to bring it up because it can annoy others. I do use it for practical application at times (maybe to help better communication, understand what wavelength they're on, etc.). Sometimes it has no value, admittedly, and it's only there to burn thinking time.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    1. How good at it do you think you are? Have you ever been proven to be wrong?
    I'm decent, 50% of the time I'm usually on target. Specifically, I usually try to type temperament first, then try and type the other two letters. People are so multi-faceted, sometimes things can get in the way of typing someone. I have been proven wrong. Some people do not look their type. I have often been mistyped because of this.

I try not to bring it up because it can annoy others. I do use it for practical application at times (maybe to help better communication, understand what wavelength they're on, etc.). Sometimes it has no value, admittedly, and it's only there to burn thinking time.
    I bring it very rarely because as you said, it can annoy people. I just use it and articulate the insights I get, which people seem to appreciate.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

But what can be even more valuable at times is applying it to yourself. Let's say you're giving a sales presentation. It helps to understand you biases and approach, so your don't take the approach of selling to someone like you (unless they are).

`~~Philosoflying~~` SillySapienne's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Not very good, in the MBTI/Typology sense, yet I'm great at reading people.

In fact, reading people is one of my greatest talents, so how's that for irony.

`
    'Cause you can't handle me...

"A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. The truth is the truth even if nobody believes it." - David Stevens

"That that is, is. That that is not, is not. Is that it? It is."

Veritatem dies aperit

Ride si sapis

Intelligentle sparkles

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    1) Relative to others, extremely good. Relative to perfection...so-so. Yes, many times. Examples--initially typed INTJ Ayn Rand as an ENTJ, INTJ H.R. Clinton as an INTP, ENFJ Gerardo Rivera as an ENFP. The advantage of more or less "knowing my shit" in this area is that when my mistakes are pointed out to me--or when I spot them--I can self-correct. I can understand how I screwed up and why the "new answer" is the right one.

2) Some practical value, but not a hell of a lot that I wouldn't pick up on anyway (as an INFP I tend to be pretty perceptive). But to give an example, I was able to counsel/reassure an INTJ friend through her divorce better than I might have otherwise by knowing her type and knowing how her type responds to stress in an unhealthy Se fashion...
    I do not see her as an INTJ. ExTJ is more likely IMO. Although, having not met her in person, it is harder to tell. (It is also possible that compared to me she seems E and S, because I am a very high N type and although I am definitely not a strong I, she is more E than I am.)

I find MBTI to be very practical.
    j'adore les chats

MBTI
    enfp

im horrible at figuring out ppls types. maybe except for the N/S distinction i think im just decent at.

its much easier to figure out their motivations for me.

for some reason, ppl tell me that they think i am hard to figure out. even though I think im as open as a book! its weird!