User Tag List

Default Dreaming = Ni "let loose"?

I know that, in theory, Ni causes you to place a lot of trust on your dreams. So whenever I'm dreaming, am I experiencing Ni? Is that why I tend to forget about it so easily? Do Ni-users easily remember their dreams?

Is it more of an Introverted Perception thing in general?

Or am I talking bollocks on Boxing Day?

Ni-users, tell me how dreams enter into your everyday lives! How much importance do you place on them?
    Hello

Phantonym

Apparently, I'm supposed to use Ni. I can't say that I'm aware of it or really understand it. I rarely remember my dreams, not in detail at least. It's mostly the emotion in the dream that I can feel a long time afterwards if it did influence me that much. And it doesn't happen that often. I don't see my dreams as something that predict something in the future. I don't trust in them at all, dreams mostly leave me feeling puzzled because I don't have any control over them and they make me a bit uneasy.

I guess I can say that I don't pay much attention to them, so they're not that important in my everyday life. I do try to analyze them when I finally have a dream that I find influences me and I try to find some clues in it that might be significant. It's actually interesting to analyze as to why I did dream those things and what would the possible cause be.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Is this a joke thread?

MBTI
    NSFW
    Enneagram
    6w7

I dreamed of a large, teal-coloured jelly that was shouldering (do jellies have shoulders?) its way down a narrow hallway, leaving the unfortunate people in its path stuck to the walls.

My dreams are fun! (Whenever I remember them.)

I think dreams can reflect our unconscious thoughts or desires, so remembering them and analysing them could be helpful. Not sure if it's competely an Ni thing... perhaps it's a tool that Ni uses for expression? I don't know.

For what it's worth, a lot of INFPs (not Ni-users) seem to find their dreams worth interpreting or symbolic... so maybe it's more of an introverted function thing in general? Dreaming is one of the only times you have to yourself after all...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

dreaming = DMT let loose

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    dreaming = DMT let loose
    Not surprisingly, many people report insights similar to those commonly described by Ni users when under the influence of psychedelic hallucinogens such as DMT.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?