User Tag List

12 Last

filling some space UnitOfPopulation's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTJ

Default Type descriptions & people

I get this kind of feeling from people & descriptions:

10% of the people don't have a good match between themselves and any personality description, even of their own type.
    20% of the people seem a bit like their own type and almost equally like some of the neighboring types.
    40% of the people have a moderate match with the type description of their own type, but still have much in common with one or two neighboring types.
    20% of the people have a good match with their type description, with little question about the type designation.
    10% of the people seem much like their own type descriptions, much more than those of any other type.

What are your impressions about it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Santtu View Post
    I get this kind of feeling from people & descriptions:

10% of the people don't have a good match between themselves and any personality description, even of their own type.
    20% of the people seem a bit like their own type and almost equally like some of the neighboring types.
    40% of the people have a moderate match with the type description of their own type, but still have much in common with one or two neighboring types.
    20% of the people have a good match with their type description, with little question about the type designation.
    10% of the people seem much like their own type descriptions, much more than those of any other type.

What are your impressions about it?
    sorry but i tink people make too big a deal of types. i've been wanting to talk with some of you about this......
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/robert165/

I'm just trying to do this Jigsaw puzzle, before it rains anymore.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Type descriptions don't seem to describe the majority of the people very exactly. If that's what there is to types, then typology isn't pertinent to the majority. Yet, it seems to resonate with some more than the others.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Type descriptions don't seem to describe the majority of the people very exactly. If that's what there is to types, then typology isn't pertinent to the majority. Yet, it seems to resonate with some more than the others.
    i agree it can be diagnostic
    what i disagree with is limiting yourslef based upon your type
    (i think its a good starting point but not the end all be all)

MBTI
    ENTJ

Yeah, I'm in the anti-limiting camp, as well

I just thought that rather than define the tool's validity for all, I'd define different validity for different groups of people.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    ENFJ

Yeah, I'm in the anti-limiting camp, as well
    great minds think alike

MBTI
    xxxx

I'm a card-carrying member of the "caring too much about my own type" club. It's more of a tattoo, really. I'm looking into getting it removed with lasers. Lasers are pretty cool, anyways.

Even the most myopic person could see that more than type goes into determining a person's personality. In my observations, there are two more dichotomies commonly used when analyzing a person's type: Healthy/Unhealthy (or mature/immature) and female/male. Type is mostly a subconscious entity. (as with many things dealing with preferences, especially innate ones) One large problem with descriptions is that they delve, at least partly, into a person's conscious and/or observable actions, which type does not necessarily predict. (although there are occasional, impossible-to-prove, correlations observed) Age and experience, cultural background, and other factors affect a person's behavior, not strictly MBTI type.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    I'm a card-carrying member of the "caring too much about my own type" club. It's more of a tattoo, really. I'm looking into getting it removed with lasers. Lasers are pretty cool, anyways.

Even the most myopic person could see that more than type goes into determining a person's personality. In my observations, there are two more dichotomies commonly used when analyzing a person's type: Healthy/Unhealthy (or mature/immature) and female/male. Type is mostly a subconscious entity. (as with many things dealing with preferences, especially innate ones) One large problem with descriptions is that they delve, at least partly, into a person's conscious and/or observable actions, which type does not necessarily predict. (although there are occasional, impossible-to-prove, correlations observed) Age and experience, cultural background, and other factors affect a person's behavior, not strictly MBTI type.
    sounds like a good philosphy to me

MBTI
    INTP

I was astounded by the first INTP description I read. Later, I was looking for ISFJ descriptions, and realized that there just aren't any good ones out there. They're only written by humans. Whether people fit their supposed descriptions has a lot to do with what descriptions are in existence.

MBTI
    ENTJ

When I got out of my life-long shyness, I felt for a while a very close match with the exploring, daring ENTP type. I guess, that was the biggest single feeling of match with any one type, though situational.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]