User Tag List

First 123 Last

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    I'm sorry this belief is part of the reason why I doubt you'll ever be able to get any real evidence of any SF/NF differences.

I believe SFs are fully capable of evocative, expressive, flowing flowery language.
    Absolutely. One need only look to the many expressive, flowly language using, SF type musicians to see that.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    STP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    I honestly can't tell much myself either. The extroverted SFs are probably not as inhibited as the extroverted NFs. I think NFs are more likely to get lost in thought when speaking and SFs might get lost in action(while you're talking, they're doing another activity).
    I think the NF gets lost in why something happens and feelings and the SF gets lost in what happens and feelings.
    Im out, its been fun

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by poki View Post
    I think the NF gets lost in why something happens and feelings and the SF gets lost in what happens and feelings.
    I can get with this.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Ah, yes, Poki! I agree with that as well.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    NFs are morle likely to hold grudges. (as far as I know)
    Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady X View Post
    not true that nfs hold grudges more than an sf.
    Yes!

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
    MBTI
    RAD

+1

Thanks for the image btw.
    Open for interpretation.
    Jo
    Fell for the temptation: Nohari / Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Gtzk View Post
    +1

Thanks for the image btw.
    +1, again!
    "Develop interest in life as you see it...the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself." -- H. Miller
    -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- --
    Johari the good..
    Nohari.. the bad, and the ugly

I'm a FiNe SiTe to see!

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

So, key points I'm taking from the feedback so far:

1. It's easier to look at temperment, which essentially gives you the answer to the question.
    2. SFs will have a more concrete, real-world, tangible, sequential pattern in their conversation
    3. NFs will talk more abstractly or generally, about experiences, emotions, ideas, overall impressions

The comment about the SF vs NF "expression" in their eyes - I've seen it I think in people I know very well. But I don't know if I could recognize it in someone I didn't.

I still think it is very difficult to discern SF vs NF when meeting someone. In general, I have no problem with P/J and T/F. NTs are easy. Thinker vs. Feeler is not too difficult. SPs and NFs seem to be more difficult, with the NF vs SF being the hardest for me to assess. Is someone an ESFJ or ENJF - often hard to tell. Is someone an ENFP or ESFP - again, hard to tell. INFJ - I'm sure I've met some, but simply cannot recognize it at all. Maybe I've never known one well.

Phantonym

Quote Originally Posted by highlander29 View Post
    The comment about the SF vs NF "expression" in their eyes - I've seen it I think in people I know very well. But I don't know if I could recognize it in someone I didn't.
    I agree with the look in the eyes thing. But I also agree with the bolded part. It's much easier to notice patterns and type people you do know. So, I would advise against trying to type people before you get to know them better first.

One thing about the conversation styles that was mentioned before. Obviously I'm going to use myself as an example. I'm fairly certain that I am an NF and I do have quite a strong inclination towards abstraction and talking in generalities. But it all depends on the people I'm having a conversation with.

In order to avoid the blank stare followed by shifty eyes looking for an escape I get when I'm trying to convey things across when I'm in my "abstract mode", I try to get myself out of that mode and use the concrete and tangible approach. I choose to use that with people who are not that familiar with me just yet. I avoid attacking people with my "full force" NF-ness, because it can get very intense (from experience, I can say that it can be for other NF's I try to interact with as well). So, based on that, if those people try to pigeon hole me as an NF or SF, they'd most probably put me in the latter distinction.

It takes time and some experience with people before you can really tell what they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    I agree with the look in the eyes thing. But I also agree with the bolded part. It's much easier to notice patterns and type people you do know. So, I would advise against trying to type people before you get to know them better first.
    Yeh, I'm a believer in VI. I don't think it is perfect or anything, but it has some merit. Especially when combined with behaviour, and other factors.

I spotted a very classic INFP in the Christmas church service. Fi doms can have this aura about them, like if you suddenly changed all the surroundings they would still be there in the same calm state. I occasionally imagine this happening .
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.