User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The manifestations of Fi in real life.

9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    To be honest I smell Si in this post.

(just saying)
    yeah me too and thought that as well...shit i have no

except that i guess i should point out that i mean that it is rules based on tolerant because you value people equally...and abhorring intolerance in others...that sort of thing...still si? or what?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Supreme High Commander Array Andy's Avatar

I'll tell you how tertiary Fi works for me.

Fi is a judging function, but it is also introverted which means it reaches an opinion, but doesn't necessarily expect immediate action upon those conclusions. Thus Fi allows me to notice that someone is sad, happy or whatever (through Se) and then speculate upon the cause of that condition. I use it to build up a picture of how someones emotions work. It doesn't particularly drive me to interferer with that persons emotions, and I'm not very good when I try. At least not in the short term. When I couple Fi with Ni to come up with a long term plan for altering someones opinions I can be rather more successful. Just don't burst into tears suddenly, 'cause I don't know what to do.

Thefact that I need my inferior Se to notice someones emotions before Fi can start to work at all goes along way to explaining why INTJs have a reputation for being insensative. It's not so much that we don't care about your emotions, we just don't notice them at all...

Fi for me (tertiary) is an internal value system which informs me as to what is the right thing to do in a given situation. By "right", I mean what is important to me inside, not what is right to everyone else. However, many times what is significant to my value system is helping out someone important to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    Dominant Fi is:
    - Being able to feel the same emotion (anger, sadness, anxiety, compassion) in a million different ways and all at once. No two moods (I wouldn't say 'feelings' as I always experience multiple and overlapping feelings at any given time) are the same. Some combinations of feelings can evoke previous moods (which can be powerful in conjunction with Si nostalgia for me), but they are never truly identical to them.
    - When feelings don't just overlap, but are fluid, ephemeral and too complex to verbalize.
    "I miss the comfort in being sad."-- INFP Kurt Cobain

/X\(:: :: )/X\ Array BlueSprout's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fecal McAngry View Post
    "I miss the comfort in being sad."-- INFP Kurt Cobain
    This. And every last one of his diary entries. Nearly pure Fi.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4

4dw sx/so
    IEx None

Fi is like trying to solve a puzzle. The puzzle could life, a person, yourself, the universe, but Fi *knows* when a puzzle piece is being forced into place instead of applied exactly right. And that means that sometimes you hold on to a piece a very very long time as you dont' see where it is supposed to go yet, but you *know* it to be an important part of the whole, you just don't see how yet. Therefore that puzzle piece will not be discarded, nor cut up to fit the spot that seems 90 percent right, or ignored. It will find it's space in it's own time, when the rest of the puzzle is more complete and you have a better view. Unfortunately, time, people and circumstances will pressure you to make a decision already, and put it *somewhere* as they need an answer. And that's when you start making mistakes. The result is having to tear down the entire puzzle once more, repairing the pieces and start from scratch. That disappointment is sometimes enough to makes me wanna throw the puzzle elsewhere and not go anywhere near it again. Or maybe I'll try but I'm soo demoralized that I don't even know where to start, refusing to still get started, as I've lost confidence in my ability to do this properly as I am constantly reminded of how wrong I got it last time.