• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Types under the mistletoe

Patriot

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
ESTP: Broadly interprets the customary "kiss under the mistletoe" to include the grabbing, licking and fondling of any member of the desired sex within a 5 foot radius of the mistletoe.

I can totally see an ESTP I know doing this, if his religious beliefs hadn't restrained his sexual impulses somewhat. :laugh:

Thankfully mistletoe is not a tradition in my small circle of life. If it were, I would stay far, far away from it. If I happened to pass under it and was caught by someone, I'd probably blatantly deny it out of embarrassment: "Actually I was passing two inches to the left, so it doesn't really count. Good grief, is that my phone ringing?" :newwink:

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type. And I'm not a very shy guy, so I don't need excuses in order to kiss the people I do want to kiss.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.

but it also provides a nice getaway if so needed... which is as lame as "tradition," but if done correctly can look very... I can't think of a good word. Someone help.

My plan would be to have them scoot into a photo that puts them conveniently under the misiletoe. Snap the photo. run(or walk) on over to them. plant a chaste kiss. and show them the photo. Say somthing like "isn't that cute"

If the reaction is negative, you can play it out as a harmless joke and keep your dignity intact.

if the reaction is positive, well then...

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PUCKER UP!!! :cheese:
355840-6-pucker-up.jpg

P

Phantonym

INFJ: :eek:+:run: (if the kiss is not desired) and :blush: (if it is)

Oh boy, am I glad that we don't have the mistletoe tradition here.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
I'd be ok with the mistletoe thing as long as the smooching remained pretty restrained. I do not mind receiving a peck on the cheek from most people.

ESTP: Broadly interprets the customary "kiss under the mistletoe" to include the grabbing, licking and fondling of any member of the desired sex within a 5 foot radius of the mistletoe.

ISTJ: Per tradition, complies with kissing the significant other under the mistletoe: chastely, with no tongue and for no longer than 3 seconds.

Sounds very much like an ESTP and an ISTJ I know :laugh:

Matthew_Z

That chalkboard guy
MBTI Type
xxxx
People actually kiss under mistletoe? I was always under the impression that was just something from Hollywood. I've spent 99.5% of my life in the US in and in that timeframe I've only ever seen 1 kiss under the mistletoe outside of cinema.

If the mistletoe caught me by surprise, I'd debate the semantics of being "under" the mistletoe. If I had a few moments to think it through, I'd go for "I'm sorry, my boyfriend gets jealous when I kiss non-relatives." Coughing for a period of 5 seconds would probably be enough to get anyone away. The ESTP route isn't out of the question if the person is rather desirable.

No idea what the official type response would be.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It depends on who it is. I may blush and feign indifference, but secretly hope they kiss me, or I might blush and RUN.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It depends on who it is. I may blush and feign indifference, but secretly hope they kiss me, or I might blush and RUN.
Yes, precisely, an INFP would do this.

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
xxxx : Attach mistle toes on every part of her body

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
As an INFJ with tertiary Te, I'd plot out a plan to get a guy under the mistletoe, if plan A doesn't work, then proceed with plan B, but then get up to the guy, and then get all shy and won't be able to ask for a kiss, but he gives me one anyway cos I give him a certain look in the eyes and get him to do whatever I want based on my subtle cues.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As an INFJ with tertiary Te, I'd plot out a plan to get a guy under the mistletoe, if plan A doesn't work, then proceed with plan B, but then get up to the guy, and then get all shy and won't be able to ask for a kiss, but he gives me one anyway cos I give him a certain look in the eyes and get him to do whatever I want based on my subtle cues.
Will love to see you try that on an INTJ.