User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    ESTP: Broadly interprets the customary "kiss under the mistletoe" to include the grabbing, licking and fondling of any member of the desired sex within a 5 foot radius of the mistletoe.
    I can totally see an ESTP I know doing this, if his religious beliefs hadn't restrained his sexual impulses somewhat.

Thankfully mistletoe is not a tradition in my small circle of life. If it were, I would stay far, far away from it. If I happened to pass under it and was caught by someone, I'd probably blatantly deny it out of embarrassment: "Actually I was passing two inches to the left, so it doesn't really count. Good grief, is that my phone ringing?"

"The two most important forms of intelligence are the ability to read other people and the ability to understand oneself." -Bruce Pandolfini

"Feathers filled the small room. Our laughter kept the feathers in the air. I thought about birds. Could they fly is there wasn't someone, somewhere, laughing?"
    Jonathan Safran Foer (Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close)

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type. And I'm not a very shy guy, so I don't need excuses in order to kiss the people I do want to kiss.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.
    but it also provides a nice getaway if so needed... which is as lame as "tradition," but if done correctly can look very... I can't think of a good word. Someone help.

My plan would be to have them scoot into a photo that puts them conveniently under the misiletoe. Snap the photo. run(or walk) on over to them. plant a chaste kiss. and show them the photo. Say somthing like "isn't that cute"

If the reaction is negative, you can play it out as a harmless joke and keep your dignity intact.

if the reaction is positive, well then...

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    the ENFJ would probably snatch up some poor unsuspecting introvert and drag them over to it and smooch them greatly
    You know... i think you're right haha

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

PUCKER UP!!!
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

Phantonym

INFJ: :eek:+ (if the kiss is not desired) and (if it is)

Oh boy, am I glad that we don't have the mistletoe tradition here.

MBTI
    intj
    Enneagram

I'd be ok with the mistletoe thing as long as the smooching remained pretty restrained. I do not mind receiving a peck on the cheek from most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    ESTP: Broadly interprets the customary "kiss under the mistletoe" to include the grabbing, licking and fondling of any member of the desired sex within a 5 foot radius of the mistletoe.

ISTJ: Per tradition, complies with kissing the significant other under the mistletoe: chastely, with no tongue and for no longer than 3 seconds.
    Sounds very much like an ESTP and an ISTJ I know
    "There's no need to be embarrassed about it, Mr. Spock. It happens to the birds and the bees!"

MBTI
    xxxx

People actually kiss under mistletoe? I was always under the impression that was just something from Hollywood. I've spent 99.5% of my life in the US in and in that timeframe I've only ever seen 1 kiss under the mistletoe outside of cinema.

If the mistletoe caught me by surprise, I'd debate the semantics of being "under" the mistletoe. If I had a few moments to think it through, I'd go for "I'm sorry, my boyfriend gets jealous when I kiss non-relatives." Coughing for a period of 5 seconds would probably be enough to get anyone away. The ESTP route isn't out of the question if the person is rather desirable.

No idea what the official type response would be.
    If a deaf INFP falls in the forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1

Quote Originally Posted by Sky is BLUE! View Post
    INFJ: :eek:+ (if the kiss is not desired) and (if it is)
    yes yes

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

It depends on who it is. I may blush and feign indifference, but secretly hope they kiss me, or I might blush and RUN.
    Often a star was waiting for you to notice it. A wave rolled toward you out of the distant past, or as you walked under an open window, a violin yielded itself to your hearing. All this was mission. But could you accomplish it? (Rilke)

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx | RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive | Tritype is tripe

Senior Member iamathousandapples's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    ILI

"Shit..."