User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

Smitten INTP [me] : "Hmm, that girl I like is way over there. I, standing here with a piercing stare and generally looking creepy, have somehow been unable to ignite the burning fires of romance within this woman, so maybe I can use some societal and traditional pressure to my advantage. I need to engineer a way to trap her under this mistletoe with me underneath, and some way to force eye contact. She also needs to be aware of her position underneath the mistletoe and to make the connection with her position and its significance. To complicate matters, I'll have to nonchalantly show that I recognize the significance of the positional arrangement as well, probably by saying something funny nodding upwards, but I don't think I've had enough rum yet to pull that part off. Ughh...the plan is flawed. I'm probably missing something. What if...."

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jane View Post
    It may be inane in a lot of ways, but it can increase one's likelihood of getting smooched. A rational might see value in the tradition's opportunistic potential if nothing else.
    I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type. And I'm not a very shy guy, so I don't need excuses in order to kiss the people I do want to kiss.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    I'm more of a get to know you and get interested in you before wanting to kiss you type.

There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for oppertunistic potential.

All I can see one gaining from kissing random people is a huge waste of time on people once you realize you're not interested in them anyway.
    I disagree. If I like a person, it's entirely likely I've researched and analyzed nearly everything about them that I can without them noticing it. After that process is somewhat complete [it never really is] and I like the persona my mind has created based on the data I have mined, contact can be considered.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I disagree. If I like a person, it's entirely likely I've researched and analyzed nearly everything about them that I can without them noticing it. After that process is somewhat complete [it never really is] and I like the persona my mind has created based on the data I have mined, contact can be considered.
    How exactly is that disagreeing with me.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Let's suck some face...

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post

Let's suck some face...

Yes, that's INFP alright! :rolli:
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    How exactly is that disagreeing with me.
    "There's no rationality in attempting to use the tradition for opportunistic potential."

Disagreed with that mostly. You can already be interested in a person without even talking to them and it IS rational to use any tool whatsoever to create an opening or opportunities.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Yes, that's INFP alright! :rolli:
    Humbug...

Not all INFP's are quiet little wallflowers. Nor do they necessarily refrain from giving out hugs and slobber kisses...

Now if you'll excuse me, I must address your slight of my character...

..no one understands me...no one loves me....I'll show them...

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    Humbug...

Not all INFP's are quiet little wallflowers. Nor do they necessarily refrain from giving out hugs and slobber kisses...

Now if you'll excuse me, I must address your slight of my character...

..no one understands me...no one loves me....I'll show them...

Don't pull those puppy dog eyes on me, mister. If you think you're gonna fool another INFP with that act, you've got another thing coming.

Besides, I thought this thread was all about stereotypes. I personally have no problem letting people think I'm a sweet, innocent and reserved little flower. It only makes it that much easier to pounce on unsuspecting ESTPs.
    Type: INFP Enneagram: 4
    Fi>Si>Ne>Te>Fe>Se>Ti>Ni

°cataplum!

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Don't pull those puppy dog eyes on me, mister. If you think you're gonna fool another INFP with that act, you've got another thing coming.

Besides, I thought this thread was all about stereotypes. I personally have no problem letting people think I'm a sweet, innocent and reserved little flower. It only makes it that much easier to pounce on unsuspecting ESTPs.
    LOL!

It's only occasionally an act. T'all depends on how I'm feelin' at the time.

And I don't pick out one type to prey upon...I'm an equal opportunity predator...