User Tag List

First 303839404142 Last

Thread: Pretentious Fi

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Ok, I don't really get it- I don't understand WHY people want to revel in their negative feelings and claim that it feels good- it's like dumping salt in a cut or something!
    Feels good man.

Not to mention, claiming depth generally seems like behavior that someone who was REALLY deep wouldn't do...
    Never seen a single Fi user doing that.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Whatever: oh I realize that that's the case with ENTPs. You guys do remind us to never take ourselves too seriously. Unfortunately for you, I saw an opportunity to use you as an example of what was going on between Fi and Ti users
    Also, you kinda did it in a sensitive thread...which can easily make your post misunderstood. Sorry sista
    Oh- I didn't bother reading any other posts before posting- the thread was too long (I will if its shorter sometimes!). No concerns though- I'm a cockroach- I've gotten good at explaining after saying something inflamatory by this point in my life!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Feels good man.

Never seen a single Fi user doing that.

no it doesn't :horor:

and I have!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    LOL, no Q, that part was for Whatever ;
    Ah, of course. Duh!

And yeah, this thread is an emotionally charged one, haven't you noticed?
    I thought it was in the beginning, but it's still the same? Well, yeah, guess I didn't notice that.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

and I have!
    Well, there are morons in every type. Nothing to do with Fi.

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by The Outsider View Post
    Well, there are morons in every type. Nothing to do with Fi.
    oh, get your panties out of a bunch, it's only a post in a thread

and read further- I was posting for the hell of it!

:rolli:

ugh... I hate snow days!

MBTI
    yupp

oh, get your panties out of a bunch, it's only a post in a thread

and read further- I was posting for the hell of it!

:rolli:

ugh... I hate snow days!
    I like my panties in my anus it makes my fantasy of me being a gay man more complete
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

ms chickenz, you are the greatest

hehe... anus...

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Heart&Brain View Post
    IFi is not something small-talkish like a personal memory of how 'little me' felt in this or that situation. It's as objective and rational as Ti and there's no way around its compelling, wordless force once activated. It's got nothing to do with a subjective narrative about my shifting emotions. It's a value system.
    what do you think Fi IS? what mechanism does it have for judging? what does it look like? how does it learn? what gets remembered/stored?

4. I, as an ENFP using Fi, would get angry. The emotion of 'anger' that I feel towards holy lies is not 'personal', it's just the urgent inner alarm bell of the Fi-system making me instantly aware that something universally and objectively unacceptable is going on and I need to attend to it.
    (For an ENFP this 'tending to it' could take time, getting perspective using Ne-links, streamline by Te-analysis the initial warning from Fi's complex valuesystem. And preferably add some Si-details, so I can quote that damn research paper too...!)
    you are also Ne first and foremost. so your universalizing is more jacked up than an Fi dom. you merge with more shit and identify with more, just more extroversion, more merging with whatever perceptions you experience. when Ne is on, Fi identifies the perceptions with its inner feelings/moral truths, but when it's more inward focused, there's more energy invested in sorting out whatever defense breach has occurred according to e4 or e9 and sifting thru/rehearsing the past (Si).

i do like your point, however. and this seems to illustrate the "good" vs "bad" Fi vs the "correct" vs "incorrect" Ti. what makes something good or bad? how do you know? why do you know? what are you remembering? what does truth feel like? how is it reasoned? where does logic fall in the process (afterwards? after the physical resonance, feeling-complex, etc)? i used to think that Fi was vaguely judging a wider web of things, but i can't understand what kind of pathway it would be, how it would reason, revise, steadily improve its understandings in that way of looking at what it does. if it just stores all feeling tones and remembers them all and their loose connections, and then some how it calculates the weights, the good/bad cost analysis, etc?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFP

Fi is EVIL!!! It is the Maleficent of all functions or something! The function of emo kids and wannabe poets (poetry, the only artistic endevor that I genuinely detest) and all the other elements of society that make my heart want to wilt and wither and hide
    Perfect. That's exactly the image we like you to have of Fi -- an easily provoked giant in the field of cognitive functions Muahahahahaha instead of the easily perturbed, sensitive thing it is

Ok, I don't really get it- I don't understand WHY people want to revel in their negative feelings and claim that it feels good- it's like dumping salt in a cut or something! Not to mention, claiming depth generally seems like behavior that someone who was REALLY deep wouldn't do...

Ok- that was fun!
    The lovely thing about Fi is that it works as an amplifier. It amplifies positive and negative emotions - feels both deeply. Sometimes amplifying them is useful - it forces you to examine them and sometimes it's not - simply reveling in that negative emotion like a drug. Depends on the user and the circumstance.

Had fun, didn't ya? Sure you don't want to sit down with a bunch of us and examine your feelings now? Why did you find this fun? Are there incidents from your childhood that would explain why this type of fun-poking could be viewed as enjoyable by one....oh, so much fodder....

I admit- I always secretly fear that Fi doms think that I'm totally shallow- just like Fi doms have bitched that they think that Ti doms think that they're dumb
    I've never had that problem with Ti doms. It's more people being dismissive of others due to buying into a stereotype and associating a function with having mastered an area of human activity thinking/feeling/snorting etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    I have met people who were Fi dom or aux (or for whom Fi is quite relevant), and the differences between those whose Fi I can swallow, and even admire, and those whose Fi irks me because of its sanctimonious attitudes are outlined as follows...
    Yep. People need to take responsibility for their feelings. I agree. That defines emotional maturity.

P.S. I enjoyed the GoodFi and Bad Fi - mad me think of an episode of Law and Order with you on the "wrong side" of the table with GoodFi and BadFi taking turns with you. So bad and yet so funny.