Thread: Pretentious Fi

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hey, you can start a thread on hating Ti all you want, but I already have a thread on Fi doms making me feel inadequate started last year... I'm WAY ahead of this
    Lol, I did my NeTi hating already earlier this year, so no thanks. Also, I got over it. It's not worth it and NeTi has it's perks and I enjoy watching from a safe distance. I realized also it's not as evil as it looks nor something to run scared from. Just hoping you'll do the same with NeFi
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Lol, I did my NeTi hating already earlier this year, so no thanks. Also, I got over it. It's not worth it and NeTi has it's perks and I enjoy watching from a safe distance. I realized also it's not as evil as it looks nor something to run scared from. Just hoping you'll do the same with NeFi
    oh, you guys are fascinating- you possess the function that I just can't fathom... I just prefer to keep my not using of it- and I've had Fi doms in the past who tried to make me sit and introspect into my feelings- which usually ends up with me pondering if eating a bag of baby carrots will kill me of vitamin A poisoning instead. Its like someone trying to get me to speak Farsi or something- it does not compute

I admit- I always secretly fear that Fi doms think that I'm totally shallow- just like Fi doms have bitched that they think that Ti doms think that they're dumb
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    yupp

I might be pretentious but then again you probably are aswell so really it doesn't matter. HAH!

p.s. I'll actually read the thread later. see I'm being super pretentious right now because I think my say is so important I don't need to check and see if anyone else has said the same thing, because there's no possible way anyone else would have said the same thing.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    oh, you guys are fascinating- you possess the function that I just can't fathom... I just prefer to keep my not using of it- and I've had Fi doms in the past who tried to make me sit and introspect into my feelings- which usually ends up with me pondering if eating a bag of baby carrots will kill me of vitamin A poisoning instead. Its like someone trying to get me to speak Farsi or something- it does not compute

I admit- I always secretly fear that Fi doms think that I'm totally shallow- just like Fi doms have bitched that they think that Ti doms think that they're dumb
    See, now this kinda post is likely to gain you a lot more understanding from Fi-doms and make them go easy on you than your original post which smelled of rejection and fear and could be misinterpreted as disdain

Ti personally gives me a head ache, goes too abstract too quickly and makes me feel lost in a maze that i cannot escape from. I imagine you guys probably feels like being in the way of a hurricane and running for your lives...of course, I'm merely guessing now
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

See, now this kinda post is likely to gain you a lot more understanding from Fi-doms and make them go easy on you than your original post which smelled of rejection and fear and could be misinterpreted as disdain
    oh, but ranting illogically is so FUN sometimes! Writing that post warmed the cockles of my heart and made me want to go to the patio and dance for joy until I looked at the patio and realized it was under a few inches of snow!

ENTPs seem to enjoy ranting about topics that they might not even deeply care about, other types take it seriously... we all need a disclaimer that says "do not take the above post seriously- the ENTP author is just having fun! Next minute it will be another type in the crosshairs"
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

Default My pov; how I perceive when Fi is pretentious....

I have met people who were Fi dom or aux (or for whom Fi is quite relevant), and the differences between those whose Fi I can swallow, and even admire, and those whose Fi irks me because of its sanctimonious attitudes are outlined as follows:

(I'll call it good Fi, GF, and bad Fi, BF) - note, I'm a Ti user, so it's the perception of an NeTi on Fi.

- GF is when the person sees that their Fi is not just squarely the fault of the other who induced it in them, but, also they, themselves, have a huge part in it, in how they processed, and how they navigated their Fi.

As such, BF is when the person places the blame of the negative feelings induced in their Fi squarely on the source/trigger of that Fi, the other, and, holds strong to their righteousness to feel Fi any way they damn well please.
    This gives rise to repeated attempts to either garner sympathy, play the victim card, defensiveness, which is often passive-agressive, and clear cut, I refuse to engage with you because the fault is clearly all yours....because I don't want to get hurt again. These people fail to realise that the hurt felt by them is not only the giver of the hurt, but how the receiver took it in. They only acknowledge the former, and the latter gets a free pass.

- GF is when the person can separate the criticism of an idea with the criticism on the person, and willing to meet halfway to clear up the difference of an attack on an idea versus an attack on a person, rather than retreating backwards, and saying, "I don't like you because you made me feel this way." (BF)
    Such displays of BF is grossly unfair because I, at least, didn't say I don't like you, but your idea, so for them to react to my whole being makes it feel as if it's an unfair retaliation.

- appeasing the Fi, there seems to be an extra effort that I need to make for those with BF, like prepping them for me, me approaching them, before I can even approach. And, I need to not only concern myself with my approach but keep on appeasing the Fi and making sure it's okay so that it continues to engage with me.
    GF, on the other hand, does not need to be appeased. It is confident in itself, it can poke fun at itself, it can critique itself, it sees itself with flaws that, rather than being defended, should be open to other's evaluations. It's approachable, rather than prickly and thorny, and it doesn't selfishly ask that you pamper it first before you earn the ranks to speak to its being.

for those that wanna critique Ti, there's another thread, so please give me feedback on my ^ perceptions of Fi here, not, 'but it's YOUR Ti'.......go to the other thread to discuss that.

http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...ective-ti.html

MBTI
    yupp

Even as an Fi dom, people who use the victim card and passive agressiveness piss me off. Now I can be passive agressive but I also learned that from my parents and I try not to be but old habits die hard. I realize I have my values but at the same time I realize not everyone's going to share those and I don't see the point in me getting upset about it. I do get upset if my values are misunderstood, you don't have to agree but it's really fucking annoying when you think I'm one way when I'm not.
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Q, don't forget that comparing it back to your Ti isn't meant just to whine, but to give you a clue as to how it works for both of us as Ti and Fi tend to be very similar in how they respond things. Because Fi is so hard to translate, I find myself always trying to compare to Ti as people seem to understand that better.

I agree with your post though for the most part

Whatever: oh I realize that that's the case with ENTPs. You guys do remind us to never take ourselves too seriously. Unfortunately for you, I saw an opportunity to use you as an example of what was going on between Fi and Ti users
    Also, you kinda did it in a sensitive thread...which can easily make your post misunderstood. Sorry sista
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

Unfortunately for you, I saw an opportunity to use you as an example of what was going on between Fi and Ti users
    Also, you kinda did it in a sensitive thread...which can easily make your post misunderstood. Sorry sista
    Huh? Where was I used as an example?

What sensitive thread? This thread?

I'm so confused......

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

LOL, no Q, that part was for Whatever

And yeah, this thread is an emotionally charged one, haven't you noticed?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★