User Tag List

First 28363738394048 Last

Thread: Pretentious Fi

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Fi is EVIL!!! It is the Maleficent of all functions or something! The function of emo kids and wannabe poets (poetry, the only artistic endevor that I genuinely detest) and all the other elements of society that make my heart want to wilt and wither and hide

Ok, I don't really get it- I don't understand WHY people want to revel in their negative feelings and claim that it feels good- it's like dumping salt in a cut or something! Not to mention, claiming depth generally seems like behavior that someone who was REALLY deep wouldn't do...

Ok- that was fun!

I don't hate you if you have Fi, just please, don't try to make me introspect into my deepest feelings, that's murky shit that I've bannished down there for a reason!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Where's the thread for pretentious T?

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

^^Scared?

Salt cleans the wound and allows it to heal...instead of letting it go on and fester. Even if you're lucky and it closes up nicely, you could still end up with a fistel, never knowing what kind of harm it's causing without you knowing about it.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

^^ What?

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Hey- I told you I have nothing against your Fi ness, but I'm sticking to neosporin... it doesn't hurt!
    “Oh, we're always alright. You remember that. We happen to other people.” -Terry Pratchett

MBTI
    ENFP

I'm gonna quote myself (from the ENTP and Si-thread) because it seems to adress SWs quest above for examples of Fi as systematic judgment function:

Fi is not something small-talkish like a personal memory of how 'little me' felt in this or that situation. It's as objective and rational as Ti and there's no way around its compelling, wordless force once activated. It's got nothing to do with a subjective narrative about my shifting emotions. It's a value system.

For example:
    1. Both an ENTP with Ne+Ti and an ENFP with Ne+Fi has Ne to pick up and remember the historians' conclusion: that peoples' lives were much more violent in previous centuries than in the 20th, despite wars, totalitarianism and genocides. We live in the peaceful times!
    2. The pope laments the decrease in religious morality and links it to a (false) claim of increase in societal violence, blaming the 'secular loss of values' for the (non-existing) increase.
    3. I suppose the ENTP would protest because the claim is not consistent with historical truth. Stupid, untrue stuff must be kicked out to keep the Ti-system reliably truthful in depth.
    4. I, as an ENFP using Fi, would get angry. The emotion of 'anger' that I feel towards holy lies is not 'personal', it's just the urgent inner alarm bell of the Fi-system making me instantly aware that something universally and objectively unacceptable is going on and I need to attend to it.
    (For an ENFP this 'tending to it' could take time, getting perspective using Ne-links, streamline by Te-analysis the initial warning from Fi's complex valuesystem. And preferably add some Si-details, so I can quote that damn research paper too...!)

Falsehood, whether the above or a spelling mistake, is already a pain in itself. But Fi discriminates them by a value judgement: people with this false information from the pope will long for the 'good old days' ruled by religious morality. Meaning they'd be pushing today's society to stop the secular progress in favor of the actual cruelty dominating the 'evil old days'. Thus, popes misrepresenting history is not only scientifically incorrect and false. It's ethically wrong and dangerous.

See? It's got little to do with my changing emotions at different moments of subjective experiences. Actually I rarely share how I feel about my own stuff, only with trusted people.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by whatever View Post
    Hey- I told you I have nothing against your Fi ness, but I'm sticking to neosporin... it doesn't hurt!
    Sure, but then don't blame other Fi-people for practising their 'art' in public, just coz you're unable to handle the pain they're trying to face

Oh and let me know when you finally decide to have that fistel removed
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Enneagram
    827 sp/so

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    Sure, but then don't blame other Fi-people for practising their 'art' in public, just coz you're unable to handle the pain they're trying to face

Oh and let me know when you finally decide to have that fistel removed
    Hey, you can start a thread on hating Ti all you want, but I already have a thread on Fi doms making me feel inadequate started last year... I'm WAY ahead of this

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    Where's the thread for pretentious T?
    Go ahead and start one up. In all sincerity, it probably would make for interesting conversation.

And I bet you 10 bucks (er, post counts? that's the measure of self-worth on TypoC right?) that the INTPs won't commence the thread with and

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by onemoretime View Post
    Christ, everyone in this thread needs to GTF over themselves.

Particularly the ENTPs.

Including myself.
    I'm going to need a serious ladder for that. One that allows me to climb the rungs while maintaining my position at the bottom.