User Tag List

First 12202122232432 Last

Thread: Pretentious Fi

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

An additional thought to share:

I think that Fi expressed through enneagram types would vary in how it looks and feels to the outside world. That may explain some of the diversity of opinion in thread. 4 wings and 9 wings seem very distinct from each other (as two common INFP enneagram types). As a 9 wing, I am very reserved in my expression of feelings to others. My primary motivation is harmony. Thus I tend to repress a lot of negative emotions, and deal with them through an internal process rather than spilling them out onto the world. I have mentioned already in thread that perhaps 95 - 99% of my emotions are known only to me (or perhaps sensed by another empathic person). Plus, I may feel what you are feeling, but I seldom thrust that upon anyone.

Perhaps looking deeper into the enneagram would benefit your analysis teslashock. It is why some people here can relate to what's been said, and why others don't. It's not because we are in denial. It's because we just don't express our dominant function in the way you think you see it, or perhaps see it in others.

I see people be careless with their emotions and how they interact with the world frequently, hurting others with words and actions. It is something that is repulsive to me and something I am very conscientious to avoid.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    An additional thought to share:

I think that Fi expressed through enneagram types would vary in how it looks and feels to the outside world. That may explain some of the diversity of opinion in thread. 4 wings and 9 wings seem very distinct from each other. As a 9 wing, I am very reserved in my expression of feelings to others. My primary motivation is harmony. Thus I tend to repress a lot of negative emotions, and deal with them through an internal process rather than spilling them out onto the world. I have mentioned already in thread that perhaps 95 - 99% of my emotions are known only to me (or perhaps sensed by another empathic person). Plus, I may feel what you are feeling, but I seldom thrust that upon anyone.

Perhaps looking deeper into the enneagram would benefit your analysis teslashock. It is why some people here can relate to what's been said, and why others don't. It's not because we are in denial. It's because we just don't express our dominant function in the way you think you see it, or perhaps see it in others.

I see people be careless with their emotions and how they interact with the world frequently, hurting others with words and actions. It is something that is repulsive to me and something I am very conscientious to avoid.
    Yes this is a very good point. Fi comes in a lot of different flavors, and I can see how enneagram would be suited for categorizing them. I'd definitely agree that e9 Fi users would be a lot more laid back with their Fi. I have not run into very many of those though, unfortunately.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

Udog is an E9. He's be worth discussing Fi with.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by fidelia View Post
    Udog is an E9. He's be worth discussing Fi with.
    Actually yeah I recall thinking about how chill Udog seems from his posts. When I found out he was INFP, I was actually kind of shocked (bah, yes I stereotype based on experience).

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sx

JivingJeffJones is another person that I've had very useful and productive discussions with (another INFP, but I'm not sure of enneagram type).

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    (bah, yes I stereotype based on experience).

Yes. I know.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

And I am a 9 wing, as I mentioned. Udog has already chimed in on this thread too. I know that some other posts have expressed my sentiment as well - that we keep our Fi to ourselves, but our tendencies haven't been explored deeply in this thread. In fact, they seem almost discounted. Like you don't believe us LOL!

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    And I am a 9 wing, as I mentioned. Udog has already chimed in on this thread too. I know that some other posts have expressed my sentiment as well - that we keep our Fi to ourselves, but our tendencies haven't been explored deeply in this thread. In fact, they seem almost discounted. Like you don't believe us LOL!
    Oh I'm not trying to discount you guys. Feel free to elaborate on your chill Fi. I definitely agree that chill Fi is possible (take BlackCat for example). Most of the posts in the early parts of this thread, before things got a bit more friendly and less reactionary, were a bunch of Fi users vehemently defending themselves. If your posts that claimed that you guys were chill were in the midst of that, then I may have discounted you guys because of the environment going on in that moment. Sorry if I came across as disagreeable. I really am open to any other takes on the matter though.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

^ Fi is usually pretty chill [when accompanied by Se].
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    Yes. I know.
    And I stand by the claim that there's nothing wrong with stereotyping, so long as we continue to treat the individual like the individual and are open to changing our minds and interpretations. Stereotypes can be a good tool for systematizing, but we just can't let them trap us in a cage. I don't believe I've allowed myself to become locked up; you just enjoy nullifying induction whenever possible (and how stereotypically ENTJ of you that is ).