Thread: Pretentious Fi

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Amargith View Post
    And that feeling is a gut that we cannot ignore.
    No, feeling is a gut that you cannot ignore. Thinkers, by their very nature, make a point of using Thinking for most of their decision-making. That's what makes them T types. Your position reduces to, "Well Feeling factors so heavily into all of my decisions, gosh, I just can't see how it wouldn't be the same for others!"

Thinkers do have feelings, but we're much better at consciously choosing to leave them out of decision-making than you, and it's insulting and obnoxious when you insist that you have some magical power to understand our decision-making process better than we do.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Tesla, realize that your general way of formulating things is a very ENTP way of doing it which rubs Fi-users the wrong way. Remember when I said that you want things to making logical sense and you figure the information is in our brains and you need it? You automatically process it and find the logical inconsistencies?

Yeah, that translates to us as you questionning us, and accusing us of things that you've interpreted...wrongly in our opinion. Where we're nonchalant in formulating precise words to specify details when it comes to intellectual data, which gets us in trouble with NTPs who like precision there, you lack precision when it comes to formulating things with precise emotional content....Your observations led you to believe that Fi comes off as pretentious. The way you formulated it though was pretty NTP...make a hypothesis and ask for people to contest it. To me, that automatically registers as a judgement. You're already believing this. And now its my job to disprove something that to me you have no business judging anyway as you clearly don't understand it?
    It really is not supposed to be regarded as an unwavering judgment though. I work largely off of induction. That results in me trying to generalize and categorize my experiences into something more meaningful than the experience itself. When I make a hypothesis or what you see as a "judgment", I'm not trying to say "I'm right about this. Go ahead and prove me wrong. I dare you." I'm trying to say "Am I right about this? If not, prove me wrong. If so, convince me that I'm right."

Again though, I really really appreciate the posts you've put on this thread. They've been really helpful in characterizing the Ti/Fi clashes that occur, and they really help me to more clearly see things from the Fi perspective. Thanks.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Just as it is annoying that you seem to think that you understand what it is we're trying to say when you clearly don't and then tell us that it's wrong and illogical coz you actually cannot make sense of it

Same game, different field. Get over it. Stick to NFJs if we annoy you so.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Tesla, I'm happy to do it. I love NTPs and I do wanna get on with them as well, but this is somethign I haven't been able ot crack either.

I *know* by now that you don't mean to say 'this is right'. But it doesn't change the automatic response I get to it. Just as you get an automatic response to someone asking you about your feelings. So..I'm hoping you will from now on *know' that NFPs are not trying. And it has to make logical emo-sense to them. Meaning, they will fill in the gaps, wrongly maybe, if you don't.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Just as it is annoying that you seem to think that you understand what it is we're trying to say when you clearly don't and then tell us that it's wrong and illogical coz you actually cannot make sense of it

Same game, different field. Get over it. Stick to NFJs if we annoy you so.
    Well, when we say you're being illogical, we're probably right. Our mistake is in expecting you to behave logically in the first place, knowing that you naturally operate more on feelings than on impersonal logic. Since that's in your nature, it's not really fair for us to hold you to Thinking standards or insist that you use Thinking more often. Our mistake is in implicitly declaring that Thinking>Feeling.

I don't really see Thinkers running around insisting that Feelers are operating on Thinking when they're not, though. Mostly Thinkers just marginalize the value of Feeling and insist that it doesn't have any use in any situation, which is admittedly wrong of us.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Well, when we say you're being illogical, we're probably right. Our mistake is in expecting you to behave logically in the first place, knowing that you naturally operate more on feelings than on impersonal logic. Since that's in your nature, it's not really fair for us to hold you to Thinking standards or insist that you use Thinking more often. Our mistake is in implicitly declaring that Thinking>Feeling.

I don't really see Thinkers running around insisting that Feelers are operating on Thinking when they're not, though. Mostly Thinkers just marginalize the value of Feeling and insist that it doesn't have any use in any situation, which is admittedly wrong of us.
    QFT. I kind of touched upon this earlier in the thread.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I spent several posts responding to OrangeAppled who was blatantly disagreeing with everything I said. I also responded to Seymour and sciski who disagreed with me. Yes, I did respond to those who agreed, but I also ignored some who agreed too. I can't give a lengthy response to every single post though. You're being silly.
    Okay, now you're just repeating yourself, and not comprehending what I'm saying. Clearly you did not look at my breakdown of the first four pages of this thread in which you were responding, but not at all to disagreeing comments, except to call OrangeAppled out on taking things too personally, and repeating the triviality that you want to have other opinions.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Orangey View Post
    Okay, now you're just repeating yourself, and not comprehending what I'm saying. Clearly you did not look at my breakdown of the first four pages of this thread in which you were responding, but not at all to disagreeing comments, except to call OrangeAppled out on taking things too personally, and repeating the triviality that you want to have other opinions.
    I comprehend what you're saying. It's just not really applicable or worth dignifying with a lengthy and detailed response. Your "breakdown" includes 4 pages of this thread. Guess what, genius? This thread is 11 pages long now. Go tally up the percentages of my posts that are responses to agreements and responses to disagreements, and when you have those numbers, maybe then we can keep talking. You're being ridiculous.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

OHHHH SNAP IT'S ON NOW

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    I comprehend what you're saying. It's just not really applicable or worth dignifying with a lengthy and detailed response. Your "breakdown" includes 4 pages of this thread. Guess what, genius? This thread is 11 pages long now. Go tally up the percentages of my posts that are responses to agreements and responses to disagreements, and when you have those numbers, maybe then we can keep talking. You're being ridiculous.
    Yeah, many (if not most) of which are you and I, and a bunch of other people, arguing about this, which do not need to be included.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness