• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typing Your Parents

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've been trying to figure out what MBTI my dad is, and it isn't easy. He's a very sweet person, but very much an intellectual. He prefers things to be factual and likes balance. He's also kind of laid back and moderately social with people. He has a knack with technology and likes tweaking and pulling apart things, which makes me think he's an intuitive thinker. I'm thinking he could be an INTP, but I'm not sure.

My mom on the other hand is an ISTJ, possibly ISFJ... she's so pragmatic and detail oriented, very organized too. She's very bright and sensitive too, very practical.

What do you guys think?

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Sounds about right to me. Your dad could also be ISFJ with well developed Ti. I haven't heard many INTP's described as "a sweet person" haha.

poppy

triple nerd score
MBTI Type
intj
Enneagram
Any chance your dad is INTJ? Sounds a bit like my old man.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Any chance your dad is INTJ? Sounds a bit like my old man.

He could be, would explain my INTJ tendencies (the apple doesn't fall too far from the tree). He reminds me of a lot of INTJ people I've interacted with. Probably one that's in touch with his Fi. He's a lot less of a judging personality, but when he's giving directions to me, he's very direct about them. He easily gets lost in his own world, which denotes Ni. Very much a person who's all about factual evidence and dislikes it when people get too worked up emotionally. He likes people to handle stressful situations in a calm and rational way. Whenever mom's all worried about things, he's cool calm and collected. He's naturally gifted in understanding abstract physics concepts (circuitry, radio waves, frequencies, mechanics) and has a knack for computers. He loves science fiction. This indicates to me an Ni Te function. Very slight J though, he can be a bit laid back. When I need advice, I go to him because he encourages me to stay calm and to use my brain. He's always encouraged me to use my own mind and to think for myself. When I was little, he would ask me ridiculous questions just to get me to think. He's always thought outside of the box. This is where I think he's an INTJ.

I think mom's an ISFJ in touch with her Ti. She says what's on her mind, but she tends to act upon her feelings more. She kind of brings me down to earth a bit, and is really supportive. She's very principled and devoted to duty. She would make Emmanuel Kant proud. :D