• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Literary Examples of Ne

Tamske

Writing...
MBTI Type
ENTP
[
Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

If movies (or books) have personalities, this one, I think, is the very essence of ENTP (Ne/Ti).

In Dutch there is a saying "boss above boss" - meaning, whenever you are good at something, you will find someone who is better at it.

The Hitchhiker's Guide is a Ne torrent I'm unable to swallow.

I accept my defeat.

epp

MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
7w8
danish writer Svend Åge Madsen. his books ooze Ne. "narrating the people" (or "to narrate the humans" - i've seen two english translations) is my very favourite book.

Requeim

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

teslashock

Geolectric
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Just watch an episode of Family Guy. That show offers the epitome of random Ne connections that have no real point at all outside of entertaining an audience with such connections.

Alice in Wonderland was my instinctive example when I saw the title of this thread. Good job Q.

Oh and xkcd comics have a shitload of Ne. Practically every single one.

souffle

MBTI Type
INFP
Catch 22 by Joseph Heller?

Immmediately next door to Yossarian was Havermeyer, who liked peanut brittle and lived all by himself in the two man tent in which which he shot tiny field mice every night with huge bullets from the .45 he had stolen from the dead man in Yossarian's tent. On the other side of Havermeyer stood the tent McWatt no longer shared with Clevinger, who had still not returned when Yossarian came out of the hospital. McWatt shared his tent with Nately, who was away in Rome courting the sleepy whore he had fallen so deeply in love with there who was bored with her work and with him too. McWatt was crazy. He was a pilot and flew his plane as low as he dared over Yossarian's tent as often as he could just to see how much he could frighten him, and he loved to go buzzing with a wild, close roar over the wooden raft floating on empty oil drums past the sand bar at the immaculate white beach where the men went swimming naked. Sharing a tent with a man who was crazy wasn't easy, but Nately didn't care. He was crazy, too, and had gone every free day to work on the officers' club that Yossarian had not helped to build.

I love this book. :wubbie:

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
Just watch an episode of Family Guy. That show offers the epitome of random Ne connections that have no real point at all outside of entertaining an audience with such connections.

Please limit this to good examples only