• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Imaginary Friends

Imaginary Friend....?

• Yes and I'm an S type

Votes: 2 3.0%
  • Yes and I'm an N type

Votes: 28 42.4%
  • No and I'm an S type

Votes: 6 9.1%
  • No and I'm an N type

Votes: 25 37.9%
  • Not playing but I want to see the answer

Votes: 5 7.6%

• Total voters

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Okay, I'll be honest: I'm going to go out on a limb and claim there are other intuitives out there who also got frustrated at these Namby-Pambies that told you the swing was 'unavailable' because Sarah was sitting on it even though no one was there?

Has it ever occured to you that maybe sarah exsisted and that it was only you who couldn't see her?

:D:D:D:D: LOL

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Has it ever occured to you that maybe sarah exsisted and that it was only you who couldn't see her?

She existed... until I bumped into her and she fell in front of that subway train.

... I felt horrible. :(

(at least I did not have to see her grisly end)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
She existed... until I bumped into her and she fell in front of that subway train.

... I felt horrible. :(

(at least I did not have to see her grisly end)

ha ha ha ha

Oh poor Sarah.... you lot are MEAN...

I do think telling of the kids for an Imaginary friend is harsh, if the have been creative enough to have one in the first place...

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ha ha ha now I didn't say that, schizoisd see things or more correctly hear things.... I'm saying you couldn't see things.... :D

Maybe then the others were schizoid! :devil:

Or I was too busy in my own world to notice. :shock:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
ha ha ha ha

Oh poor Sarah.... you lot are MEAN...

I do think telling of the kids for an Imaginary friend is harsh, if the ahve been creative enough to have one in teh first place...

Well, that's true, but I always sought out truth in reality and fiction in fantasy. That's my point: There was always a strict division in my mind, and when people sought to cross the two, I could not tolerate that. It seemed frivolous and stupid to me as a child. Now I see differently. :blush:

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
too grown up for a child

That's what my family always said.

My head was too grown up, my heart wasn't developed enough, and my body was somewhere in between.

I wish I hadn't wasted my childhood trying to be an adult; now that I'm an adult, I long to be a child.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
I wish I hadn't wasted my childhood trying to be an adult; now that I'm an adult, I long to be a child.

Yea I know, as Oscar Wilde said, youth is wasted on the young... :)

Ok I need to go count Zzzzzzzzzzz I've still two days of work to go

Nite....

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
N types take time to let go of stuff, I think the reason it persisted was that it was a closetted friend, secrete behaviours are more difficult to get out of the habit off.
Yea, I guess you're right. It's funny though, how you can be a friend of your own mind.

Polaris

AKA Nunki
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've had several imaginary lovers, but I haven't stooped to the level of imaginary friendship yet. I did once have an imaginary imaginary friend, though. Her name was Sophie, and she didn't even exist for pretend. I only claimed that she did because having an imaginary friend sounded cool.

Valuable_Money

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w6
I've seen this picture before. I like when people do these kinds of things...just like the explanation behind ed, edd, and eddy. The theory was that all of the kids are dead from separate decades living within the same culdesac in a timeless world. This explained why it was always summer, why there were no parents, why eddy could never get the elusive jawbreaker. Nothing was real.

anywayyy...I will run theoretical conversations/scenarios in my head with real/fictitious people. Not sure if that counts as imaginary friends, though. I figure most people do that. Although it gets a bit consuming when I am far off somewhere with these scenarios and drift out of reality.

yeah, I'm only saying that because I'm N.

So, the culdasac was purgatory/hell?

Dude, you just blew my mind.

Spamtar

Ghost Monkey Soul
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Not so much imaginary friends but imaginary worlds, adventures or characters. I waited to come here before I started having imaginary friends. ;)

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Yea, I guess you're right. It's funny though, how you can be a friend of your own mind.

your an INTJ, you probably use more of your mind's capacity

I think the whole NT thing is that you ride the N in order to tap into your subconsious more.... but thats jsut my thinking at the mo