User Tag List

12 Last

Thread: Tots and MBTI

MBTI
    ENTP

Default Tots and MBTI

I've just been to a Chrismas do, with a girl friend and her husband and wee boy...

The wee boy is 21 months, and even at 16 months I could type him quite clearly as an INTJ (based on the assumption he may change a lot as he grows). He is the most wilful little boy I've met, very head strong and independant, and at 16 months a very stoic child indeed.

He is now 21 months and is really into doing it himself - his mum is an INTJ his daddy is an ENFP...

How young do you think peoples personalities really form?

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I've heard that the I/E preference makes its appearance relatively soon (age 6) but that others develop later, and that a fully matured four-letter code does not develop until adulthood, but I don't know if that is really true or not.

It'll be interesting to hear what the others say.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I've heard that the I/E preference makes its appearance relatively soon (age 6) but that others develop later, and that a fully matured four-letter code does not develop until adulthood, but I don't know if that is really true or not.

It'll be interesting to hear what the others say.
    I've loads of neices and nephews who change a lot at they grow, I swear this kid was the most INTJ child I've ever met, so serious, so rules based, so non cuddly (but he is getting better)... really unusal - it might just be a fluke and he will morph and grow but it was strong enough that I did a double take...

He is also increadibly sweet too

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

Supposedly you can identify 2 out of the four preferences(E/I and J/P) between ages 2-6.
    You can add S/N after age 6, and fully type by age 13.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by EnFpFer View Post
    Supposedly you can identify 2 out of the four preferences(E/I and J/P) between ages 2-6.
    You can add S/N after age 6, and fully type by age 13.
    hmmm now I've got years to wait till I get a real taste of his final character...

I am currently watching a herd of little toddlers with this objective in mind.

I honestly dont buy the gradually development MBTI description. It doesnt agree with my and my ENTP friends observations of our and other people's toddlers.

Look at it from the functions rather than the MBTI letters, then try combining with introvert or extrovert.

For instance: My IXTJ todd has always disliked strangers since birth-an I. But he is very dominating, serious, detailed and driving at times, very structured-so a J, and a Te at that. So an IXTJ. What is really cool is to watch the Fi grow in-it hit at about 19 months-suddenly he became cuddly and very sweet on occasion-but only to a limited few he trusts.

Even more neat-his tantrums are the result of his Te structure getting messed up. He freaks out. The way he displays this is very Fi. He sobs and wants to be held close and cuddled, touched. All I have to do is affirm his emotional response-"I realize you are sad because we had to do things a different way. It's okay to be sad" poof Fi, is happy and suddenly a very dominant, independent todd again.

My 13 yo enfp was different as a todd. His tantrums were the result of his NeFi crazies being bottled up. When put in a very SJ enviornment he would melt down in wrathful anger, throwing chairs, screaming, profound anger and frustration. This went on for years. It was Te trying to cope with NeFi being blocked. Poor kid needed a good INTJ around.

So at two they were both already seeking relief with the tertiary functions.

My entp friends kids look at be an ENTP 2.5 yo and a little IXTJ baby girl. The ENTP is funny-he isnt extroverted into people, mostly his surroundings. He never stops moving, exploring, roaming. He also has beautiful Ne eyes.

MBTI
    ENTP

I tink the finer poitns of character is defined later, but root character is very young, but I'm really open to see and look...

I look at my neices and nephews and most of them are very similar to how they were when veyr little.

But will wait and see if this wee boy turns out like is mum or his dad.... I hope his daddy comes out, he may be too INTJ... and Fness would warm him up a bit

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp

I've been a J as long as I can remember.
    I was a weird kind of I, in that I didn't find myself to be introverted.
    Maybe I should have known there a difference between being headstrong and being extroverted.

I've been a T for awhile, but I always thought I was an F (Because every time I did get emotional, I felt so melodramatic.)
    I think it took me the longest to figure out S/N
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"Fools who wear their hearts proudly on their sleeves,
    who cannot control their emotions, who wallow in sad
    memories and allow themselves to be provoked this
    easily -- weak people, in other words -- they stand no chance."
    -Severus Snape

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics