User Tag List

First 9101112 Last

figsfiggyfigs

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyFanGirl View Post
    I'm an ENFP and I'm saving myself for marriage...
    IMPOSSIBRU!!!

MBTI
    IsFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    That's because 50 years ago, people were religious nuts. People let religion basically have control over their decisions. Instead of thinking for themselves, they just let their religion tell them what was "right" and what was "wrong". Since we now have more knowledge and insight than ever before, people are now more open-minded and make decisions without the extreme influence of religious views. We can make more informed decisions rather than those based solely on a "moral" issue.

There's no guarantee that you won't get an STD from the guy you're marrying. You can just ask the guys you're with to get a test. And you could always put your (unwanted) kid(s) up for adoption.

It's fine. I wasn't trying to be rude or mean or anything, I just didn't want you to close your mind off to the possibility of having sex before marriage. I just want you to think about these things.
    Um, er, Haz, no offense, but I think you're kind of overstepping the boundaries there... I mean, women already have their sexuality pretty policed as it is...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    Um, er, Haz, no offense, but I think you're kind of overstepping the boundaries there... I mean, women already have their sexuality pretty policed as it is...
    What do you mean? I wasn't policing her sexuality, I was curious as to why she didn't want to have sex before marriage. It just seems unnecessarily restricting.
    MBTI: INFP
    Enneagram: 6w7, phobic
    Tritype: 6-9-2
    Instinctual Variant: Sx/Sp
    Temperament: Pure Supine
    D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
    Political Stance: Solid Liberal
    Religious Views: Atheist

Fi > Ne > Ti > Fe > Se > Si > Te > Ni

"Forgiveness means letting go of the past." ~ Gerald Jampolsky
    "I am justice!" ~ Light Yagami, Death Note
    "The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    IsFJ

I didn't mean you were policing her - I was talking about a general trend. I mean, she said to no one in particular what she was planning to do, and then you said:

Quote Originally Posted by Hazashin View Post
    Why? How would you know if you were sexually compatible or not? It will not be the end of the world if you have sex with someone you're not married to. Sheesh.
    ...which kind of came across, to me, as a mite, er, intrusive. No offense towards you in general...

Geez, I'm digging myself deeper here, ain't I?...
    Tentative typing: ISFJ 6w5 or 9w1 (Sp/S[?]).

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx

May I please just stand by my decision? I'm not going on about having a bunch of sexual partners being wrong. There's obviously something wrong since around 50% of marriages end in divorce. I'm also well aware of the risks of waiting for marriage. I have a friend who did and she said the sex was painful because their bodies weren't compatible (let's just say it is possible to be TOO big, guys).

I want to be emotionally and physically connected to only my husband. I don't want to be there on my wedding night comparing him to other men. I want my mind to be focused entirely on him.

Certified Sausage Smoker Elfboy's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SLI None

May I please just stand by my decision? I'm not going on about having a bunch of sexual partners being wrong. There's obviously something wrong since around 50% of marriages end in divorce. I'm also well aware of the risks of waiting for marriage. I have a friend who did and she said the sex was painful because their bodies weren't compatible (let's just say it is possible to be TOO big, guys).

I want to be emotionally and physically connected to only my husband. I don't want to be there on my wedding night comparing him to other men. I want my mind to be focused entirely on him.
    you could fix this by getting a plaster mold of his penis and seeing how it fits in your vagina before you decide to marry him
    ENFP: We put the Fi in Fire
    ENFP
    5w4>1w9>2w1 Sx/Sp
    SEE-Fi
    Papa Bear
    Motivation: Dark Worker
    Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
    Chibi Seme
    MTG Color: black/red
    Male Archtype: King/Lover
    Sunburst!
    "You are a gay version of Gambit" Speed Gavroche
    "I wish that I could be affected by any hate, but I can't, cuz I just get affected by the bank" Chamillionaire

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Viridian View Post
    I didn't mean you were policing her - I was talking about a general trend. I mean, she said to no one in particular what she was planning to do, and then you said:

...which kind of came across, to me, as a mite, er, intrusive. No offense towards you in general...
    Well, in that case, I see what you're saying. I just wanted to make sure she wasn't closing her mind off to the possibility, because if she was, I didn't want her to "miss out", so to speak.

Geez, I'm digging myself deeper here, ain't I?...
    No, you're fine. I sometimes overstep my boundaries when my Fi gets angry. :P

"The choices people make tell you a lot about a person, but the reasons [...] tell you even more." ~ Albus Dumbledore (paraphrased)

Tatiana ♥

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

I wasn't say you can't stand by your decision, I was just confused as to why you were making that decision.

My apologies.

Tatiana ♥

Anew Leaf

Ignore them.

Fi is about personal core values. If this is your personal value then it isn't up to anyone else to tell you what to believe or how to act.

I don't understand why anyone in this thread cares if you sleep with 1000 men or 1 in your lifetime.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Saturned View Post
    Ignore them.

Fi is about personal core values. If this is your personal value then it isn't up to anyone else to tell you what to believe or how to act.

I don't understand why anyone in this thread cares if you sleep with 1000 men or 1 in your lifetime.
    I just wanted to make sure she wasn't closing her mind off to the possibility, because she could be missing out on experience and might potentially make her unhappy later on in life if the marriage and sex don't meet up with her expectations.

On a more extreme level, it's like you see someone ruining their lives with a drug problem, and, while it is their decision, you feel that it would probably be better for them if they had this correct, which could be started with your initiative.

But, since this is more minor, if you find that they are happy with their decision after inquiry and discussion, then it's better to let it go.

Tatiana ♥