Introverted iNtuition (Ni)
* Understanding complex patterns
* Synthesizing and symbolizing
"This is how it will be."
"Aha, that's it!"
When Ni is a preferred process:
* You usually feel a certainty about what is going to happen, often without much detail and without being able to trace the actual data that would support the prediction.
* You focus on "what will be."
* You are energized by transformational visions of how someone can grow or of a completely original approach to get there.
* You are drawn to make those visions manifest.
* Frequently you experience flashes of insight that present themselves as very broad themes and complex whole patterns or systems of thought without being triggered by external events.
* Inner images come as a knowing that taps into universal symbols and with a certainty that they are true.
Introverted Intuiting is about Seeking Insights and Meanings
It focuses on:
* Identifying underlying meaning
* Identifying the inter-relatedness of data
* Synthesizing the information to reveal the "golden nuggets"
Its approach is to:
* Just state how or what action to take
* Rely on insight to develop vision for the future
* Envision without the need for tangible support
Introverted Intuiting's verbal communications are delivered in absolutes with a quest for meaning, i.e.:
* Identifying the hidden meaning
* States what is going on behind the scenes
Introverted Intuiting's nonverbal cues are: reflective, serious, and confident; may appear complex, disengaged; could appear hesitant to respond.
To build rapport with introverted Intuiting, we can try:
* Providing a theoretical framework
* Using symbolic, conceptual language
* Relating concrete experience to theories
* Asking them to show you how they made their connections
* Asking for the long-term vision