• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Would You Kill a Person

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
I can't imagine killing anyone, no matter what they'd done. :blushing:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I can't imagine killing anyone, no matter what they'd done. :blushing:

Probably, but could this mean that you are one of the most likely to do it on impule? (if opportunity ever presents itself in this case)

Bubbles

See Right Through Me
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Probably, but could this mean that you are one of the most likely to do it on impule? (if opportunity ever presents itself in this case)

Oh, absolutely not. When I get angry I'm never physically violent. I usually take it out verbally, burst into an emotional wreck, and try to find some way to channel it into art.

Also I tend to make excuses for people who have hurt me. :tongue: In this case, I'd probably say, "Well, they're a product of their government, it's not entirely their fault" or "They just don't understand what they did," etc. I'd pity them to take the hurt off me somewhat. Hypothetically, anyway, based on how I handle other problems.

(It might help to add I'm ridiculously against the death penalty...)

InfiniteIntrigue

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp
Probably Not.

I don't really want to be charged with 1st degree murder, when the most he could be charged with is Torture. Hire a hitman! Just kidding.
No.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Oh, absolutely not. When I get angry I'm never physically violent. I usually take it out verbally, burst into an emotional wreck, and try to find some way to channel it into art.

Also I tend to make excuses for people who have hurt me. :tongue: In this case, I'd probably say, "Well, they're a product of their government, it's not entirely their fault" or "They just don't understand what they did," etc. I'd pity them to take the hurt off me somewhat. Hypothetically, anyway, based on how I handle other problems.

(It might help to add I'm ridiculously against the death penalty...)

I so do that too... not good for you

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I imagine that I would find it easier to kill somebody that had hurt someone else, but someone who had hurt me...erm I dunno. I'm not so good at doing things for me. I don't have much respect for myself *blushes*

I don't think I have the balls to kill someone...to take someone's life. I don't know if I could live with myself. Plus killing somebody doesn't change what happened.

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
Now you are free. You know where he lives.
You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
You will not kill him.
You do not know.

Only if they've done killed someone who is close to me would I even think about killing them. Murder is arguably the worst crime imaginable (even if its not 'technically' a crime with these new rules), so I wouldn't want to lower myself to that state.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I would. There are no doubts in my mind about it. In my opinion, someone who can inflict that degree of damage to someone over such a period of time deserves that revenge.
To be honest, i'd probably get myself killed in the first two years. No one would want to keep me captive for that long and even if their intention was only to torture, i'd end up pushing them too far.
Then again, if they could deal with me for that long maybe i wouldn't, but that would depend on what the consequences were over those 16 years. I'd sway more toward "Yes".

Little Linguist

Striving for balance
MBTI Type
xNFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I would definitely kill someone in the following cases:

• self-preservation
  • to save someone I love
  • to revenge the death of my kids (though probably just let the State do its thing)

I'd probably also kill in the case of an invasion by foreigners, but I'm not sure.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
Depends how or the way in which he tortured me. Although I'd give him a quick death. Of course if I was innocent that's a different story.
Give him a quick death all the same. ;)

Alternatively .. if you insist on living in the Middle Ages, move to Persia.
Or whatever they call the place now.

GirlFromMars

MBTI Type
INFP
I agree with another poster - if it was a case of I had a gun loaded, they were in the room, I was overwhelmed with emotions...possibly. If it had to be planned out, stabbing them to death or something like that, I really doubt I could do it.

I'd be more likely to do it if they tourtured/abused/raped/killed someone I love. I also don't see death as a punishment though, because of my peronal believes. I think I'd rather someone else tourture them, but don't think I could do it or watch it.

I think it's one of those "you don't really know until you're in that situation" things really though...:doh: Gah.

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
I could be wrong but I think that people tend not to understand what 16 years of torture means/actually is.

Actualy I tend to think that most people would kill the person only after a month or two of torture (real torture). But they don't want to admit that to themselves.

Unkindloving

Lungs & Lips Locked
MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I could be wrong but I think that people tend not to understand what 16 years of torture means/actually is.

Actually I tend to think that most people would kill the person only after a month or two of torture (real torture). But they don't want to admit that to themselves.

I definitely agree. I was further thinking out the details with a friend the other night because this topic interested me. She said that she would want to do worse than just kill them.
The conversation turned to why people submit over time and said she would comply with them throughout the 16 years.
I feel i would do the opposite (though that could change in an actual situation, but ideally i'd prefer doing the opposite). I'm not going to go into the details without being prompted since it makes me feel a tad too twisted ha.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
Now you are free. You know where he lives.
You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
You will not kill him.
You do not know.

I have no reason to kill him, because it ties me back into it. Get the f**k out of there and never have any association with it again seems a far better option. After 16 years in that, freedom and a future is worth far more than revenge.

I'm sure there are situations where I might kill someone though. I don't like the idea, but it seems unrealistic to say I never could in any situation.

Atomic Fiend

I would do a prison style beatdown the likes that have never been seen before.

If he lives or dies during this beatdown I'll leave to chance.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You're either talking about either premeditated vengeance or premeditating killing someone you believe is a threat to society.

If it's vengeance then it would not be a rational decision, my personal values do not agree with taking another's life except in self defence, therefore if I purposely went to kill someone I would literally have to be out of my mind. After years of torture, this may be the case, for the torture to be most effective it would have to be psychological not just physical.

If it's done because the person is a danger to society and yet the legal system would not hold them accountable because torture has been sanctioned then I see more grey area. If others were in imminent danger, potentially. If other people that I cared about were in imminent danger, it's probable.

In the moment of being tortured though, yes.