First 45678 Last

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

I would. There are no doubts in my mind about it. In my opinion, someone who can inflict that degree of damage to someone over such a period of time deserves that revenge.
    To be honest, i'd probably get myself killed in the first two years. No one would want to keep me captive for that long and even if their intention was only to torture, i'd end up pushing them too far.
    Then again, if they could deal with me for that long maybe i wouldn't, but that would depend on what the consequences were over those 16 years. I'd sway more toward "Yes".

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I would definitely kill someone in the following cases:

• self-preservation
    • to save someone I love
    • to revenge the death of my kids (though probably just let the State do its thing)

I'd probably also kill in the case of an invasion by foreigners, but I'm not sure.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Riva

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I'd probably also kill in the case of an invasion by foreigners, but I'm not sure.
    It's always scary when Germans say these kinds of things.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooyar! beat that!

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Ragingkatsuki View Post
    Depends how or the way in which he tortured me. Although I'd give him a quick death. Of course if I was innocent that's a different story.
    Give him a quick death all the same.

Alternatively .. if you insist on living in the Middle Ages, move to Persia.
    Or whatever they call the place now.

MBTI
    INFP

I agree with another poster - if it was a case of I had a gun loaded, they were in the room, I was overwhelmed with emotions...possibly. If it had to be planned out, stabbing them to death or something like that, I really doubt I could do it.

I'd be more likely to do it if they tourtured/abused/raped/killed someone I love. I also don't see death as a punishment though, because of my peronal believes. I think I'd rather someone else tourture them, but don't think I could do it or watch it.

I think it's one of those "you don't really know until you're in that situation" things really though... Gah.
    INFP~ 4w5 ~ sx/sp ~ IEI ~ Libra

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

I could be wrong but I think that people tend not to understand what 16 years of torture means/actually is.

Actualy I tend to think that most people would kill the person only after a month or two of torture (real torture). But they don't want to admit that to themselves.

Lungs & Lips Locked Unkindloving's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    ENFj

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I could be wrong but I think that people tend not to understand what 16 years of torture means/actually is.

Actually I tend to think that most people would kill the person only after a month or two of torture (real torture). But they don't want to admit that to themselves.
    I definitely agree. I was further thinking out the details with a friend the other night because this topic interested me. She said that she would want to do worse than just kill them.
    The conversation turned to why people submit over time and said she would comply with them throughout the 16 years.
    I feel i would do the opposite (though that could change in an actual situation, but ideally i'd prefer doing the opposite). I'm not going to go into the details without being prompted since it makes me feel a tad too twisted ha.

Quote Originally Posted by wildcat View Post
    who has tortured you?

Imagine you live in a police state. You have been "in" for 16 years.
    Now you are free. You know where he lives.
    You will not get caught.

You will kill him.
    You will not kill him.
    You do not know.
    I have no reason to kill him, because it ties me back into it. Get the f**k out of there and never have any association with it again seems a far better option. After 16 years in that, freedom and a future is worth far more than revenge.

I'm sure there are situations where I might kill someone though. I don't like the idea, but it seems unrealistic to say I never could in any situation.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

I would do a prison style beatdown the likes that have never been seen before.

If he lives or dies during this beatdown I'll leave to chance.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

You're either talking about either premeditated vengeance or premeditating killing someone you believe is a threat to society.

If it's vengeance then it would not be a rational decision, my personal values do not agree with taking another's life except in self defence, therefore if I purposely went to kill someone I would literally have to be out of my mind. After years of torture, this may be the case, for the torture to be most effective it would have to be psychological not just physical.

If it's done because the person is a danger to society and yet the legal system would not hold them accountable because torture has been sanctioned then I see more grey area. If others were in imminent danger, potentially. If other people that I cared about were in imminent danger, it's probable.

In the moment of being tortured though, yes.