• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology, MBTI, enneagram correlation

UniqueMixture

MBTI Type
estj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I am an Aries which probably fits me better than my mbti/ennea

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This thread is more revealing to me about certain people than anyone's mbti/enneatype :D

Mole

Permabanned
I tentatively adopt my role in the etribe of Central in the global village. And the role I adopt is Aries, INFP.

But how interesting - we call ourselves 'Central' when we live in acoustic space where there is no single centre, rather the centre is everywhere.

Mole

Permabanned
It's called test-retest reliability. The MBTI has excellent test-retest reliability. As you can see on the Wikipedia article for the MBTI, it is strongly correlated with the Big 5, which is widely accepted in psychology, and also has excellent test-retest reliability. You can think of the MBTI as a rotation of the Big 5 that focuses on composite multidimensional descriptions with an emphasis on positive psychology.

It's charming you have such blind faith in mbti because in 75 years there has not been one random double blind experiment on mbti.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
My sun sign is Libra. My rising is Cancer and my moon sign is Scorpio. However, I don't buy into astrology much. I only know these things because my cousin is an astrologer and finds me an "interesting study".

I'm an INFJ 5w4, supposedly.

I

Infinite Bubble

It could be plausible that the changes of weather and other conditions throughout the year might, at some level, influence our personality depending on when we are born. People participate in different activities depending on the time of year, and have different habits. For these reasons, the chemicals running through the mother would differ slightly or have different concentrations, and that would influence the baby in the womb. Perhaps their is an increase of "introverted" children that are born in Winter, and slightly more "extroverted" ones in Summer, because of the contrast in general behaviors people have in these months. So the month one is born could in theory affect who you are, if only slightly.

The issue with this of course is that, unlike Astrology, it could never be universal, because the weather and seasons differ from country to country. The culture would also have to be taken into account. And some places only have a dry or wet season, so the divisions aren't even uniform. But what I'm getting at is that Astrology's premise of the time of year affecting personality (if it is due to positions of the sky rather than weather etc) isn't completely nonsensical.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
Is this the thread wherein wishes becomes ‘science’ via some sort of alchemical process?
I’m a scorpio INFP, whatever that means.
I’m also a flying goat named desmond, who prefers his toast done on one side, and one side only.
Like a Möbius strip, we twist and turn on our way, but end up in exactly the same spot. This is delusion, and not ironic in the least.

TaylorS

Aspie Idealist
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Sun in Taurus, 8th House
Moon in Capricorn, 3rd House
Libra on the Ascendant

Mercury in Aries, 7th House
Venus in Gemini, 9th House