• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology, MBTI, enneagram correlation

Jaguar

but that is even true to MBTI and Engramme

Since you just made that point, and I'm sitting here laughing, I guess we have to discuss the obvious, don't we?

We are in a forum that focuses on a theory which has been deemed "nonsense" so many times I don't think a person could count that high without exhaustion.
People actually use the theory to type everything from fictional TV characters, pets, and probably their penis if given the chance.

I'm not going to make any claims about the validity of astrology or any mechanism. That's not even why I am in this thread.
I am in this thread because I see a huge problem with hypocrisy.
I find it more than a bit hypocritical that anyone demand empirical evidence for astrological theory,
while not demanding the same level of empirical evidence for MBTI theory.

"Oh you are type XXXX, well then, your 7th function is Fe."
Worse yet are comments like, "You are projecting your shadow functions at me!"

As John McEnroe would say: You cannot be serious.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Hi

I don't think everything needs to be provable to be useful. MBTI Is useful, I don't see it correleating to ENgramme, but that doens't invalidate that both methods group people into batches and apply generalisations to describe them... that is useful... for a purpose, understanding how we are different from one another.

One method will be better than another if one wants to have a specific outcome, but which method is better depends on what you are trying to acheive.

I don't know enoguh about Engramme to really work through it...
MBTI can be useful at selling stuff... but then so can NLP and I'm sure Engramme too.

I can profile people by listening to the content of their conversationa dn the language they use... if it's concerete then I pitch my argument, sales pitch etc on a concrete level, if they are abstract I sell in nervana...

If I pick up they are NF - I sell humanitrain bits of something - I've done that in reality

IF they are SJ, I need to work really hard at getting them up to speed with the process and the impact that specific decisions will have and ensuring they understand the impact of the choice....

If they are SP ... you know I don't thibnk I flog stuff to SP's ...... Man my life is so full of SJ...the SP get left out in the cold... bless..

But MBTI has no impirical evidence.... but it's practically very useful.....

Astrology is similar but more compelx and I use it in a similar way(when I type people).

Jaguar

I don't think everything needs to be provable to be useful.

That's right. You don't have to know how a clock works to tell time.

My point is, people can't cry:" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah where's the evidence for astrology?"
Not unless they also do it for MBTI.

I need to go now. I have to type my penis. :D

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP

My point is, people can't cry:" waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah where's the evidence for astrology?"

I have a theory that men buy cars that remind them of their penis....

Enjoy your questionnaire :D I'll be really impressed with the answers

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Except that MBTI and astrology are completely different things.

Astrology gives descriptions based on a person's birth date and birth location.

MBTI gives descriptions based upon other self-reported descriptions.

It is pretty simple to see the link between the self-reported answers to the test and the test results. But what link could there be between a birth date and a personality?

lunalum

Super Senior Member
MBTI Type
ZNTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Trees= ?
Forest= ?

I get the whole details vs the big picture comparison, but what are you talking about here?

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Except that MBTI and astrology are completely different things.

Astrology gives descriptions based on a person's birth date and birth location.

MBTI gives descriptions based upon other self-reported descriptions.

It is pretty simple to see the link between the self-reported answers to the test and the test results. But what link could there be between a birth date and a personality?

You can count the trees, and I'll look at the forest.

Trees= ?
Forest= ?

I get the whole details vs the big picture comparison, but what are you talking about here?

hes saying that you're focusing too much of small differences, and that its all the same bullshit to him.

I dont agree, but thats what he's saying...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Well, since astrology can be tested and typology can't, there's a clear difference.

Note that I completely agree that the MBTI test is bullshit, as are all purported tests of psychological type.

The typology most of us use here is just arbitrary categorizing that we fully acknowledge is an unscientific pure thought exercise.

Lethe

Obsession.
MBTI Type
iNtJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
MBTI: INTJ
Enneagram: 1w9; [Trifix: 1-5-2]
Astrological Signs: Virgo Sun, Aquarius Moon, Cancer Ascending

More or less, a coincidence. :)

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INFJ
Type 6
Libra Sun, Virgo Moon, Aries Rising.

I have no idea what went wrong. Mother nature must have been having a bad day... :whistling:

auriel

INFP
Type 5
Capricorn

The type 5 helps resolve a few contradictions, but...well, the Capricorn description couldn't be further away from what an INFP is. I mean, driven? :S

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Apparently the "new" astrology only applies to babies born after 2010...so...

eNFP

4w3 sx/sp/so

Gemini sun
Scorpio rising
Capricorn moon

Amethyst

¡MI TORTA!
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'll go with ENTP
Pieces
7w8 sx/so

Pieces clashes with everything like Sudan and....Sudan...is it South Sudan now? Yeah. I'm NOT a Pieces in terms of personality or whatever.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
^^^

Agreed, Piscies seems more like an NF E4 or E5, possibly ISFP E9, but not ExTP 7w8. :cheese:

InvisibleJim

Permabanned
MBTI: INTJ
Socionics: INTp
Enneagram: 5w6, Trifix 5-1-3
Astrology: Taurus Sun, Taurus Moon, Aquarius Rising

From some earlier results
intjbystarsign.JPG

Correlation? Probably not!

copperfish17

MBTI Type
INTP