• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Astrology, MBTI, enneagram correlation

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Babalon C...

I've seen that table before but it doesn't make astrological sense...

SJ = Gaurdian = Galen's classification Melancolic (which - Earth)
SP = Artisans = Galen's classification Sanguine (which = Air)
NT = Artisans = Galen's classification Choleric (which = Fire)
NT = Artisans = Galen's classification Phelgmatic ( which = Water)

I think that is right...

I'm a Scorp; ENTP, 5 (9, 7) - my chart has tons of water and earth

1. Babylon (think Baby + lon) like the biblical place. ;)

2. According to your chart, aquarius would be SP. In some sense the profile of aquarius is so broad it could fit any type, but I definitely get an "iNtuitive" sense from reading Aquarius. Probably NF.

I'd also like to point out that when numerology is brought into play, I do NOT fit all of these. (numerology #'s "loosely" correlate with enneagram descriptions - ie #8 and ennea 8 etc).

I think astrology and numerology should be left off of this game. Psychology =! the occult and maybe we shouldn't mix them :D (though I am aware that Jung had one of the largest occult libraries in the world).

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
:eek::rolli:
1. Babylon (think Baby + lon) like the biblical place. ;)

2. According to your chart, aquarius would be SP. In some sense the profile of aquarius is so broad it could fit any type, but I definitely get an "N" or "mercurial" sense from reading Aquarius. Probably NF.

I'd also like to point out that when numerology is brought into play, I do NOT fit all of these. (numerology #'s "loosely" correlate with enneagram descriptions - ie #8 and ennea 8 etc).

I think astrology and numerology should be left off of this game. Psychology =! the occult and maybe we shouldn't mix them :D (though I am aware that Jung had one of the largest occult libraries in the world).

Sorry sweetie, I have Dyslexia, it's an anagrame of daily sex.... :rolli::yes:

What is above comes from Galen, the mathematrician who developed the humors (3 or four geenrations post Aristotle, but my history is a big shakey on lniatge so don't quote me).

Many strands of psycology come from astrology as does some other bits of medicine (they weren't seperate until fairly recently).

I can't link Galen easily to MBTI personally, I'm just repeating humours against MBTI as quoted in a variety of places..... there will be a link, but I'd need to study up on it.

;) Sorry for the wrong name

Venom

Babylon Candle
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
:eek::rolli:

Sorry sweetie, I have Dyslexia, it's an anagrame of daily sex.... :rolli::yes:

What is above comes from Galen, the mathematrician who developed the humors (3 or four geenrations post Aristotle, but my history is a big shakey on lniatge so don't quote me).

Many strands of psycology come from astrology as does some other bits of medicine (they weren't seperate until fairly recently).

I can't link Galen easily to MBTI personally, I'm just repeating humours against MBTI as quoted in a variety of places..... there will be a link, but I'd need to study up on it.

;) Sorry for the wrong name

Is this like *the* Galen of the Roman era you refer to? I always thought of him as the "physician" rather than mathematician. He was one of the first people to do surgeries/dissections/map out the human body.

Galen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Aelius Galenus or Claudius Galenus (September AD 129 – 199/217; Greek: Γαληνός, Galēnos), better known as Galen of Pergamum (modern-day Bergama, Turkey), was a prominent Roman physician and philosopher of Greek origin,[1] and probably the most accomplished medical researcher of the Roman period. His theories dominated and influenced Western medical science for well over a millennium. His account of medical anatomy was based on monkeys as human dissection was not permitted in his time, but it was unsurpassed until the printed description and illustrations of human dissections by Andreas Vesalius in 1543.[2] Galen's account of the activities of the heart, arteries and veins endured until William Harvey established that the blood circulates with the heart acting as a pump in 1628.[3] In the 19th century, student physicians would still read Galen to learn some concepts. Galen developed many nerve ligation experiments that supported the theory, which is still believed today, that the brain controls all the motions of the muscles by means of the cranial and peripheral nervous systems.[4] Galen wrote a small work called "That the Best Physician is also a Philosopher"[5], and he saw himself as being both, which meant grounding medical practice in theoretically sound knowledge or "philosophy" as it was called in his time. Galen was very interested in the dispute between Rationalist and Empiricist medical sects,[6] and his use of direct observation, dissection and vivisection in medical training and as a way to ground medical practice can be understood as considering both of those perspectives and constructing a more complex and nuanced middle ground that avoided problems with each position.[7]

WoodsWoman

MBTI Type
INFP
Seems sort of pointless, but oh, well:
INFP
Capricorn (I think)
4w5

Queen Kat

The Duchess of Oddity
MBTI Type
E.T.
Enneagram
7w8
ENFP
Libra with ascendant Taurus
7w8, I think.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
ISTJ
5w4
Taurus

Speed Gavroche

Whisky Old & Women Young
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
ISTP, 9w8. Taurus ascendant pisces.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Is this like *the* Galen of the Roman era you refer to? I always thought of him as the "physician" rather than mathematician. He was one of the first people to do surgeries/dissections/map out the human body.

Galen - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

LOL yes thats THE Galen...

He was a physician, mathematrician, astrologer, etc etc... yes more know for medicine not maths, my error

Science only split in the late 19th century... so yes Galen was all of the above.

He developed the humours, which were largely edically based... but were the foundations of modern phsycology. I'm not TOTALLY up on the path through history but medical/astrology were closely linked until fairly modern times.

If you look at the humours or even at the elements, Gaurdians (SJ) are grounded rule based people who want to be up right members of the community, not known for glamoursness.... they are the humour of melancolic, which is not about being miserable, more grounded, and relate to Earth... it's not the most emotional of element. I'd say this was the one type that fit pretty well together.

Idealists have the humour of Choleric - hot and dry, relate to the emelment of fire. This works in a fashion but far for a good fit... we see NF's as being emotional, but in old money they are considered to be moralistic/humanitarian, which is very different than emotional... protestors of the 60s were largely because three big planets were in Fire at the time... it's the whole human rights, campaigning for equlaity etc.. very humanitarian... But this isn't emotional but humain..... so different.

Artisan, is the same thing and sanguine humour, and Air element, which is quite thinky, it's probably the group I spend least amount of time studying so I don't want to add my bad understanding.

Rationals, is the same as phelgmatics, and relate to the element of water....emotions... now this is where MBTI JUST GETS INTERSTING... MBTI says it's rational thought, but if you read through some of the historic takes on thinking it may be liquid thought that the intuative thinking is that thinking is got through the ebb and flow of ideas rather than building blocks (parrot fashion other types enjoy). If you scratch the surface of most NT's I think you find a deeply emotional being, people who's emotions run so deeply they strugle at time to navagate and not be intimidated by their emotional self, such is their power of their emotional intuative.

Ok some of the interpreation about is my own spin, but I'm trying to relate it together so you cna at least see why these systems are said to align to each other...

There is a whole bunch of other big thinkers through the generations that follow similar passages through time, with a rebrand and a bit of a twist...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Just for fun. Not scientifically. What sun signs do you guys think correlate most with different enneagram and MBTI types? PLEASE LIST YOUR OWN SUN SIGN, ENNEAGRAM, AND MBTI TYPE!

I'll start with one correlation. I'm an INTP, enneagram 9>5>8, Pisces. I think pisces is very much like enneagram 9. I can usually tell when someone is a pisces. I guess, and I get it right. I'm sure if we did a study we would see a correlation. God I'd love to do some real correlational studies on this stuff. But anyway, lets get this thang started!

This depends on how you define "Pisces."

If a "Pisces" is anyone who has characteristics x, y, and z that you arbitrarily define as "Pisces characteristics", then it's just like typology.

If a "Pisces" is anyone who was born during a specific set of dates during the calendar year, and then you claim that there's a correlation between birth date and these behavioral characteristics, you'd be completely and entirely wrong.

You absolutely cannot predict someone's birth month based on behavioral tendencies or vice versa; that's absurd. This is the big difference between typology and astrology that people seem to miss--all of typology's categories are arbitrarily defined. There's never any concrete correlation between real data claimed; as Lenore says, it's just "tea leaves and tarot cards."

Astrology, on the other hand, claims a discernible correlation between birth month and behavioral tendencies, which is retarded.

I recall explaining this difference to Tinkerbell about 146 times to no avail. :doh:

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Astrology, on the other hand, claims a discernible correlation between birth month and behavioral tendencies, which is retarded.

Actually it doesn't,

What it does say is that birth time, place and date have and impact on behaviorual tendencies.... this gives you 12 variables that are your astrological footprint if you like... which gives an idea of behvoural tendancies...

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Actually it doesn't,

What it does say is that birth time, place and date have and impact on behaviorual tendencies.... this gives you 12 variables that are your astrological footprint if you like... which gives an idea of behvoural tendancies...

Umm, how is:

"a discernible correlation between birth month and behavioral tendencies"

not EXACTLY THE SAME THING as:

"birth time, place and date have an impact on behavioral tendencies"?

That's precisely what I just said, for fuck's sake!

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Umm, how is:

"a discernible correlation between birth month and behavioral tendencies"

not EXACTLY THE SAME THING as:

"birth time, place and date have an impact on behavioral tendencies"?

That's precisely what I just said, for fuck's sake!

no it's not....

Birth Month = Nov

Birth time place and date = Nov 22nd 1979, 2.10am, New york City, NY, USA

Hmm I don't see them being the same thing at all, I see a good few more variables involved... hmmm not the same ting at all...

the difference is actualy improtant if you know astrology

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
no it's not....

Birth Month = Nov

Birth time place and date = Nov 22nd 1979, 2.10am, New york City, NY, USA

Hmm I don't see them being the same thing at all, I see a good few more variables involved... hmmm not the same ting at all...

the difference is actualy improtant if you know astrology

That actually adds weight to my argument that no such correlation exists, because you're claiming an even more specific correlation. You'd be better off going for the more generalized one.

But in any event, showing a concrete correlation between either of these things is absurd. Why do you think there have never been any studies verifying any of these patterns?

Astrology would be fine if it would just give up the stupid crap about "this birth place/time/date creates these behavioral tendencies" and admit that all of its categories are arbitrarily defined, like typology's.

tinkerbell

MBTI Type
ENTP
Mate, you've just got arsey about a month being the same as month, time, date and place... Not my issue

You don't think astrology is valid, fine, no one is asking you too, but get your thinking straight first... me being precise doesn't support your argument at all - it makes you seem a bit of a clown for getting uppity for me pointing out that Month of birth is the only one factor of 5 that is required to do good astorlogy, it's a more presise in the deinfition of what is analysed in astrology

Someone has posted a thread that is asking for people to share information not for you to pooh in