User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5

  1. #1
    Senior Member Rebe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4sop
    Socionics
    IEE
    Posts
    1,505

    Default thinking outside the box

    So I have been reading this biography and it is full of contradictory characters, so much so that it makes me wonder...

    can infjs not care about other people's mental well-being, conventions of society and family, would they ever reject marriage in favor of ideas that are extremely controversial and liberal to their time period? would that be more intj?

    can enfjs be so unhealthy as to throw violent tempers and suppress their feelings? the healthy ones are inspirational leaders, but the unhealthy ones are ... selfish, bad-tempered and paranoid?

    My friend accuses me of stuffing people in boxes when I type everyone, but I just love the connections and explanations. I don't have a firm grasp on the secondary functions of the types yet.

    Descriptions of types when they become unhealthy? Or something very surprising about a type that you have noticed?

  2. #2
    deleted
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    1,946

    Default

    There is no box. I just destroyed it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    Descriptions of types when they become unhealthy? Or something very surprising about a type that you have noticed?
    Have you looked at the disorders correlations? Other than that, I know there are a lot of observable correlations to unheathy types, but I don't know where to start. I think INXPs can often be seen as sort of "closed-minded," due to their undeveloped Ne and what not. At the same time INTJs are seen as arrogant, and this could easily be attributed to undeveloped Te, if you consider the fact that modesty doesn't necessarily have to do with emotions or emotional norms.

  3. #3
    Senior Member VagrantFarce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    1,557

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    I think INXPs can often be seen as sort of "closed-minded," due to their undeveloped Ne and what not.
    I think this can be extended to all introverted perceivers.

    Quote Originally Posted by polikujm View Post
    At the same time INTJs are seen as arrogant, and this could easily be attributed to undeveloped Te.
    Similarly, this can be extended to all introverted judgers.

    I understand that unhealthy extraverted perceivers are likely to jump from one thing to another without cause or concern, but I'm still not sure how unhealthy extrarveted judgers come across. Perhaps overly dominating?
    Hello

  4. #4
    Senior Member incubustribute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ISFJ
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebe View Post
    So I have been reading this biography and it is full of contradictory characters, so much so that it makes me wonder...

    can infjs not care about other people's mental well-being, conventions of society and family, would they ever reject marriage in favor of ideas that are extremely controversial and liberal to their time period? would that be more intj?

    can enfjs be so unhealthy as to throw violent tempers and suppress their feelings? the healthy ones are inspirational leaders, but the unhealthy ones are ... selfish, bad-tempered and paranoid?

    My friend accuses me of stuffing people in boxes when I type everyone, but I just love the connections and explanations. I don't have a firm grasp on the secondary functions of the types yet.

    Descriptions of types when they become unhealthy? Or something very surprising about a type that you have noticed?
    No, you're right. A lot of the type-related personality issues can stem from a person forgetting their auxiliary (secondary) function and getting stuck in what we call a primary/tertiary loop. This can be an Si/Ti loop (like for me) or an Fe/Ne loop or anything that gives an unhealthy overbalance to one judging function and one perceiving function of the same attitude. They tend to be seen as either socially inept (introvert loops) or overly showy and lacking focus (extrovert loops). I'm working on a post right now with all 16 possibilities for each type missing a secondary.

    Anyway, does this clear up what you were asking or are you more confused?

  5. #5
    Writing... Tamske's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Posts
    1,764

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubustribute View Post
    I'm working on a post right now with all 16 possibilities for each type missing a secondary.
    Hmm, this seems very interesting.
    Could a suppressed/lacking tertiary also be the cause of unbalance or problems? As a teenager, I got isolated because I stubbornly didn't follow any group norms. People just weren't interesting enough to care!
    (Don't worry - it wasn't that bad. I exaggerated a bit to make it more clear. I was a mostly happy teenager . But the few small problems I had, seem more of the lacking Fe than of the lacking Ti kind...)
    Got questions? Ask an ENTP!
    I'm female. I just can't draw women

Similar Threads

  1. [INFJ] Seeking feedback from outside the confines of INFJ thinking
    By Z Buck McFate in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 06-05-2010, 03:37 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What do you NF's think of the other temperaments?
    By animenagai in forum The NF Idyllic (ENFP, INFP, ENFJ, INFJ)
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 01-22-2009, 12:12 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 11-27-2008, 01:20 PM
  4. Ever fall outside the box?
    By labyrinthine in forum General Psychology
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 05:32 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO