First 23456 Last

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5w6
    Socionics
    SLI

SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!

I never want to go to bed at night, but I never want to get up in the morning. My alarm clock, however, will usually not let that shit fly and I never get enough sleep as a result. I'm so glad I don't have to get up at six in the morning anymore, even if it's only for a couple of months.

It's currently ten past two in the morning here, and I plan on staying up all night. I'll grab a coffee and watch the sunrise, or at least what I can see of it from my house. I wish I lived closer to the beach.
    Let us not rail about justice as long as we have arms and the freedom to use them.
    - Duke Leto Atreides

Johari/Nohari
    Because random people I meet on the internet are the best judges of my personality.

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

I have a damn near impossible task in trying to get to sleep most nights.

MBTI
    I

It has nothing to do with MBTI. It's the study of biology which tells us that humans need sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by Trepidation View Post
    SLEEP IS FOR THE WEAK!
    Sleep is for the weak, Apu! Now I'm going to bed while you read over my 9th grade history notes.

Nickle Iron Silicone Charmed Justice's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFJ

I love to sleep, but I can't do it anymore.
    I used to be able to sleep half the day, but now, even if I actually could sleep half the day, my body just can't. It pops up at the exact same time every morning, no matter how much sleep I've gotten.
    What I don't need are mornings. My brain doesn't function properly until about 11:30am, and my body doesn't work well until after 1pm. I usually stay up until 3am.
    There is a thinking stuff from which all things are made, and which, in its original state, permeates, penetrates, and fills the interspaces of the universe.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Allright, I didn't mean to imply that there is an universal logical rule connecting introversion with sleep duration. However, to respond to your hypothesis: both my parents, my brother and my girlfriend are introverts; I observe them in non-social-settings all the time, and they do sleep more than me, and tend to be less active than me. Again, this doesn't lead to any universal law - just an observation. In fact, most psychology is derived from observation. Do you think that MBTI and socionics have been created from a set of abstract axioms?
    No, but I think MBTI correlations are based off of a wider premise than 4 individual cases. In psychology, as is true of all sciences, once a correlation is found among a wide number of people, an attempt at finding a deeper cause that explains the correlation is usually undergone. I'm not asking for a universal law here. I understand how ambiguous MBTI can be; I was just looking for something other than "I know these people who do this, therefore that."

I can't see how 3) follows from 2) & 1). If sleeping is an alone-activity, introverts will enjoy it more, right? Or you mean that introverts are more energetic when alone, being energetic is the opposite of sleeping, thus they find it harder to sleep?
    The bold. It's just a Ti argument though and probably holds no actual validity. I brought it up to point out the kinds of reasons that could go beyond personal experience though. Again, I really don't think that sleeping patterns/frequencies can be applied to the realm of MBTI though; it's just a biological necessity to which all people must succumb.

Anyway, you seem to be hell-bent on winning this debate from my perspective, for no clear reason. If you want to start with the-serious-debate-mode, it's okay, but we both know it's never going to lead us anywhere.
    I'm not hell bent on winning anything; I just think debating is fun. There is no reason for debating this outside of the fact that I enjoy debating. Talking about potential correlations probably won't get us anywhere meaningful; you're right. It's a fun thought exercise though, nonetheless.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Anyone who both sleeps and claims to be E is mistyped.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by Flush View Post
    You're right; the world is just chock full of a bunch of Is! Extroversion is nothing but an illusory theory...kind of like gravity, right?

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    No, but I think MBTI correlations are based off of a wider premise than 4 individual cases. In psychology, as is true of all sciences, once a correlation is found among a wide number of people, an attempt at finding a deeper cause that explains the correlation is usually undergone.
    Any Psychology Department in any accredited University will tell you that MBTI is an invalid and unreliable personality test.

In fact they regard MBTI as risible and on par with astrology.

Since WW II MBTI has become a very popular and lucrative American cult that appeals to the non compos mentis.

MBTI
    ENXP

Maybe...

Quote Originally Posted by Victor View Post
    Any Psychology Department in any accredited University will tell you that MBTI is an invalid and unreliable personality test.

In fact they regard MBTI as risible and on par with astrology.
    It's so silly they do so, and at the same time they consider various mostly idiotic and questionable diagnosis, such as all personality disorders, reliable.