First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Quote Originally Posted by teslashock View Post
    Your experience doesn't include enough data to accurately mirror reality then. Is spend time doing lots of things other than sleeping, they just happen to be doing it alone. Watching movies, analyzing situations, solving math problems, making computer programs, reading the Bible, writing poetry, painting, etc. Hell, lots of these things they may even be able to do in their beds. Just because they are alone and under the sheets does not mean they are sleeping though. (Note: I realize how dirty that last sentence sounds, but get your mind out of the gutter!)

Please, offer a good reason as to why Is might sleep more than Es. One that I won't be able to counter with all the things I've already mentioned in this thread.
    Lol, calm down, wtf. You didn't provide any "data" either, just your own rationalization. I was talking about sleeping, not doing other stuff under the sheets, which of course cannot be counted as sleep-time. Again: all the introverts I know sleep (strictly sleep) more than the extroverts. Perhaps in your circle of friends and acquaintances the situation is either reversed, or there is no clear patter. I cannot know that. Since, however, what I spoke about mirrors the reality I have experienced, at the very least I can say that its negation cannot mirror reality accurately, since there is at least one occurrence against that hypthesis (namely, that there is no clear pattern of sleeping-preference between E and Is).

An example of a "good reason" would be that generally speaking introverts are defined as being less energetic than extraverts (before you question this definition, I will say that it's one of the parameters in the Big-5 definition of E-I axis).
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

Quote Originally Posted by FDG View Post
    Lol, calm down, wtf.
    I am calm. Sorry that I gave off the impression that I was anything but calm...

You didn't provide any "data" either, just your own rationalization.
    I didn't ask for data. I asked for reasons outside of your own relatively narrow persepective. Your rationale, if you will.

I was talking about sleeping, not doing other stuff under the sheets, which of course cannot be counted as sleep-time.
    The sheets part was a joke, apparently wasted on you...

Again: all the introverts I know sleep (strictly sleep) more than the extroverts. Perhaps in your circle of friends and acquaitances the situation is either reversed, or there is no clear patter. I cannot know that, you cannot know what mirrors reality either.
    I never said anything about the introverts that I know. I just offered some reasons as to why the interpretation from your own experience may not be mirroring reality. It would be nice if you could offer something beyond your own experience to justify why Is might sleep more than Es.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6

An example of a "good reason" would be that generally speaking introverts are defined as being less energetic than extraverts (before you question this definition, I will say that it's one of the parameters in the Big-5 definition of E-I axis).
    Fine, Is appear less energetic than Es, but that could be due to the fact that when we see Is, it's typically in a social setting (by definition of social setting), and this is where Is feel less comfortable. Thus they kind of tuck into a shell of apparent aloofness and timidity, giving the impression of "less energetic." This does not mean that they are physically tired and desirous of sleep though.

I could make the argument that:

1) Is derive energy from being alone with themselves
    2) When we sleep, we are typically alone.
    3) Thus, Is enjoy sleeping less than Es.

Honestly, I still don't really think there's much correlation though.

MBTI
    ENXP

Quote Originally Posted by Matthew_Z View Post
    Nothing stopping the E from gaining energy via sleep interactions.
    You can ask your mother about that one.

They won't sleep with me once they learn I wake up in the night screaming, thinking there is an E in bed with me.

MBTI
    pfni
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    sometimes it extroverts itself. It needs contact with something so its extroversion can become satiated. Whether that thing be a hand or a woman or a goat or a microwaved watermelon with a hole carved in it.
    I'm a sleep deprived 'I' with mild dyslexia. I read "microwaved goat". :yim_rolling_on_the_

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    7w8
    Socionics
    ENTj

Fine, Is appear less energetic than Es, but that could be due to the fact that when we see Is, it's typically in a social setting (by definition of social setting), and this is where Is feel less comfortable. Thus they kind of tuck into a shell of apparent aloofness and timidity, giving the impression of "less energetic." This does not mean that they are physically tired and desirous of sleep though.
    Allright, I didn't mean to imply that there is an universal logical rule connecting introversion with sleep duration. However, to respond to your hypothesis: both my parents, my brother and my girlfriend are introverts; I observe them in non-social-settings all the time, and they do sleep more than me, and tend to be less active than me. Again, this doesn't lead to any universal law - just an observation. In fact, most psychology is derived from observation. Do you think that MBTI and socionics have been created from a set of abstract axioms?

1) Is derive energy from being alone with themselves
    2) When we sleep, we are typically alone.
    3) Thus, Is enjoy sleeping less than Es.
    I can't see how 3) follows from 2) & 1). If sleeping is an alone-activity, introverts will enjoy it more, right? Or you mean that introverts are more energetic when alone, being energetic is the opposite of sleeping, thus they find it harder to sleep?

Anyway, you seem to be hell-bent on winning this debate from my perspective, for no clear reason. If you want to start with the-serious-debate-mode, it's okay, but we both know it's never going to lead us anywhere.
    ENTj 7-3-8 sx/sp

Unless I've got enough out of a day, sleep can feel like giving in to something or ending the chapter too soon. I enjoy sleep when I'm satisfied with things though, and I enjoy oversleeping once I start.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

Mmm...in my experience, Is like sleeping much more than Es.

Anyway, I personally wish I didn't need to sleep. So much time of my life wasted.
    My IRL ENTJ says she loves her sleep. I barely sleep on the other hand

:yim_rolling_on_the_
    Quote Originally Posted by nynesneg View Post
    Interesting observation indeed. Yup... Bf, cousin, other cousin, friends... check. I always thought it was curious. Notice in my bf especially, he has to sleep at least 2-3 hrs more per night than I do. Perhaps because my schedule is always go go go?
    hah, yeah, actually I noticed that strong introverts sleep more, my INTP friend he needs 10-12 hours of sleep per day. I

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    E's never stop interacting with each other, even in sleep. When an E goes to sleep, little do they know, they all go to the same dream land and continue to interact with each other.
    OMG, i think that's it!!!

Heh, I wonder if Es have more vivid dreams than Is...

*EDIT* Maybe I'll start a thread on this some time if there's not already one and/or if I'm ever proactive enough to do it...
    Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I have vivid dreams.
    haha, i have vivid/lucid dreams all the time. When I have exams I usually repeat lessons in them. Not very exciting. I also can vividly have sex dream. It's soo good to be able to make a man a perfect lover!

Quote Originally Posted by Adoamros View Post
    there's nothing like waking up in the morning/afternoon/evening/whenever and extroverting your genitals.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_