User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

Default What do you think of your own type?

Do you like interacting with your own type? Is it like, 'Hey we have so much in common so we should hang out' or something of the sort? Do you stay away from people who are your type? Basically your thoughts about your own type...

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

INTP's come in many flavours, expecially amongst the younger inexperienced ones. I don't really have a special kind of bond with them, but I don't dislike them either. I treat them basicly the same as everyone else.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ I see. So therefore you can also hate them. INTPs are considered very neutral.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

I tend to like my own kind very much. I think it's also coz you know where they come from, so you're more likely to be understanding. Though there are those that I occasionally roll my eyes at. I have one ENFP and one INFP friend in my life, and although I love em to bits, they occasionally make me wanna roll my eyes. The ENFP coz she can be neurotically trying to keep control over things (I know, weird huh, but she was raised by SJs and desperately tries to be organized while failing), and she sometimes says things with a convinction that somehow seem fake to me. And the INFP tends to just not have much of a spine. He really hides from the world. I know that if you give him space and time to formulate his sentences, there's a great guy underneath with his own opinions and passions, but not everyone gives him that time. He kinda looks like a sweet little puppy. Definitely has the puppy look mastered.
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

^ Being an in-between must be fun as you get to talk about 2 personality types instead of 1.
    Accidental rhyme.

MBTI
    INTX
    Enneagram
    5w6?

I am supposed to be INTJ/P but the ENTJ I met IRL was awesome ito our abiklity to talk/stimulate each other mentally.

Otherwise I am not really in favour of any specific type.

Senior Member compulsiverambler's Avatar
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

I said recently I don't think I find interacting with my own type easy until I know them, and it's hard to get to know them. Largely I imagine because of introversion, and that's the case with all introverts. But I've met a few who buck that trend. I think it's just that we need someone who knows us both to reassure each other that we'll probably get on and that we're nice, or else to have observed each other at a distance first, so that we're not too wary of each other. Otherwise, introverts' exterior and perhaps the INFP exterior in particular can appear slightly inapproachable. I think I look pretty harmless, I even seem to unconsciously project a 'please take care of me' message to people at times, but when I feel wary of someone or their feelings towards me I probably start appearing that way myself, and then elicit more wariness from the other, etc...

The few INFPs I have spoken to in any depth, I've gotten on with very well. I like them a lot, they like me a lot and we have lots to say, more than with other introverted types. There have always been romantic feelings expressed too, to each other or through the medium of someone else again, which might be due to the fact that we happen to have been of the opposite sex and around the same age every time, or else our narcissism.

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Some are cool, some I can't stand.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

The ESTPs I've met are all very cool and fun to hang around.
    My ESFP friends are also great company.
    Too many of us in a room and things can get looney, but we're never bored, that's for sure.
    --------------------
    Type Stats:
    MBTI -> (E) 77.14% | (i) 22.86% ; (S) 60% | (n) 40% ; (T) 72.22% | (f) 27.78% ; (P) 51.43% | (j) 48.57%
    BIG 5 -> Extroversion 77% ; Accommodation 60% ; Orderliness 62% ; Emotional Stability 64% ; Open Mindedness 74%

Quotes:
    "If somebody asks your MBTI type on a first date, run". -Donna Cecilia
    "Enneagram is psychological underpinnings. Cognitive Functions are mental reasoning and perceptional processes. -Sanjuro

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffywolf View Post
    INTP's come in many flavours, expecially amongst the younger inexperienced ones.
    Yeah, it depends on the person for me.

Some are like "best mind-friends" as soon as we meet, some of the younger ones though seem sorta angsty and it makes it hard to converse constructively.

It's sort of funny though how things drop into "detached analytical discussion" even when we feel strongly about things, it's like you might want to argue but instead you have an exploration.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft