• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of your own type?

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Do you like interacting with your own type? Is it like, 'Hey we have so much in common so we should hang out' or something of the sort? Do you stay away from people who are your type? Basically your thoughts about your own type...

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTP's come in many flavours, expecially amongst the younger inexperienced ones. I don't really have a special kind of bond with them, but I don't dislike them either. I treat them basicly the same as everyone else.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ I see. So therefore you can also hate them. INTPs are considered very neutral.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I tend to like my own kind very much. I think it's also coz you know where they come from, so you're more likely to be understanding. Though there are those that I occasionally roll my eyes at. I have one ENFP and one INFP friend in my life, and although I love em to bits, they occasionally make me wanna roll my eyes. The ENFP coz she can be neurotically trying to keep control over things (I know, weird huh, but she was raised by SJs and desperately tries to be organized while failing), and she sometimes says things with a convinction that somehow seem fake to me. And the INFP tends to just not have much of a spine. He really hides from the world. I know that if you give him space and time to formulate his sentences, there's a great guy underneath with his own opinions and passions, but not everyone gives him that time. He kinda looks like a sweet little puppy. Definitely has the puppy look mastered.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
^ Being an in-between must be fun as you get to talk about 2 personality types instead of 1.
Accidental rhyme.

Kambro

MBTI Type
INTX
Enneagram
5w6?
I am supposed to be INTJ/P but the ENTJ I met IRL was awesome ito our abiklity to talk/stimulate each other mentally.

Otherwise I am not really in favour of any specific type.

compulsiverambler

Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I said recently I don't think I find interacting with my own type easy until I know them, and it's hard to get to know them. Largely I imagine because of introversion, and that's the case with all introverts. But I've met a few who buck that trend. I think it's just that we need someone who knows us both to reassure each other that we'll probably get on and that we're nice, or else to have observed each other at a distance first, so that we're not too wary of each other. Otherwise, introverts' exterior and perhaps the INFP exterior in particular can appear slightly inapproachable. I think I look pretty harmless, I even seem to unconsciously project a 'please take care of me' message to people at times, but when I feel wary of someone or their feelings towards me I probably start appearing that way myself, and then elicit more wariness from the other, etc...

The few INFPs I have spoken to in any depth, I've gotten on with very well. I like them a lot, they like me a lot and we have lots to say, more than with other introverted types. There have always been romantic feelings expressed too, to each other or through the medium of someone else again, which might be due to the fact that we happen to have been of the opposite sex and around the same age every time, or else our narcissism.

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Some are cool, some I can't stand.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The ESTPs I've met are all very cool and fun to hang around.
My ESFP friends are also great company.
Too many of us in a room and things can get looney, but we're never bored, that's for sure. :cheese:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
INTP's come in many flavours, expecially amongst the younger inexperienced ones.

Yeah, it depends on the person for me.

Some are like "best mind-friends" as soon as we meet, some of the younger ones though seem sorta angsty and it makes it hard to converse constructively.

It's sort of funny though how things drop into "detached analytical discussion" even when we feel strongly about things, it's like you might want to argue but instead you have an exploration.

B

brainheart

I'd say ISFPs and INFPs are the ones I instantly hit it off with best. Of course, I'm not certain that those are their types, but I suspect. We have this instant rapport, understanding. Our Fi seems to just instantly connect. It's like something in the eyes... this need to not finish sentences because you know they get it.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I've known quite a lot of other ENFPs and generally like them a lot. It's not that I think, hey, here's another ENFP, there's some kind of bond here; but as easily getting along with other people is such an important characteristic of ENFPs, doing so with another ENFP is never really likely to be difficult. However, the only woman of whom I did ever think, OMG, we're so alike, she's like, my soulmate, was another ENFP. And another one I went out with did break my heart, but only a little bit and I only had myself to blame, plus which I may well have broken her's a little bit too, though probably not as much.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I'd say ISFPs and INFPs are the ones I instantly hit it off with best. Of course, I'm not certain that those are their types, but I suspect. We have this instant rapport, understanding. Our Fi seems to just instantly connect. It's like something in the eyes... this need to not finish sentences because you know they get it.

Good for you, but I really wish you ISFPs would finish your sentences with the rest of us. ;)

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
I don't really get along with anyone:huh:that well...

but the people I seem to have a connection with tend to be NF's followed by NT's.
INFP's? I have never known very many, but the new bass player in my band and I have some kind of deep connection. We seem to really get each other. I'm pretty sure he's INFP or ISFP.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP

YES^^^to this!

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
balanced ISFJ = awesome
we are nowhere near the "doormat" or "butler" everyone on here seems to think we are haha.

Seymour

Vaguely Precise
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YES^^^to this!

+2

Fi can often be a one-way street, where you tend to automatically see and understand the perspectives of others (even when you don't agree). Having the understanding be a two way can be a huge relief.

Stanton Moore

morose bourgeoisie
MBTI Type
INFP
balanced ISFJ = awesome
we are nowhere near the "doormat" or "butler" everyone on here seems to think we are haha.

My GF is an ISFJ! She really took me by surprise with some of her insights about me last night. She sees very clearly. She is also very generous, yet it's also clear that she is the alpha. Don't argue, please!:wubbie:

JustHer

Pumpernickel
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I like ENTJs a LOT, when they're around I feel like I have constant backup and like I have someone who will pick up on everything I say and interpret it in EXACTLY the right way. Like they tend to understand when I'm im silly Se mode and don't take what I say seriously, and they understand my random Fi attacks and react accordingly.

On the other hand, if they aren't careful and try to exert some sort of dominance in the situation, it annoys me and I know exactly how to drag them down. Unfortunately, when the reverse happens it makes me really sad.