• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of your own type?

ayoitsStepho

Twerking & Lurking
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I'm pretty neutral to my type I suppose.
I don't think I know any ISFPs in actual life...
I do love it though when you meet someone and there's an instant connection.
Those relationships last longer for me.
Living here I haven't had a connection...not that I want to be friends with the people here. :eek:
But I really don't know if I'd like other ISFP's... I like the ISFPs here.
So I suppose we'll just see.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've met very few other INFPs, IRL. I met one INFP guy once, and we went out on a date, and I did not like him. He was very self-absorbed and immature. In retrospect, he may have been ISFP though (based on things he said), but he tested INFP (it was on his profile).

I know many, many ISFPs and I like most, with few exceptions of ones who are too hedonistic and physically-oriented and some who are too aloof and grouchy.

I know a lot of ENFPs, and I like most of them. We're usually a good match as friends, because we have a similar mindset, but there's a nice E/I balance.

I do know an xNFP woman, who may be INFP, and we've always clicked well. She's very odd, and a lot of people don't get her, but I do. I can't decide if she is E or I though.

Online, I like most INFPs, probably because I relate to them in some way and that is nice (and unusual for me). There are a few who rub me the wrong way though, but it's more of an individual thing.

CuriousFeeling

From the Undertow
MBTI Type
INfJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I tend to get along really well with INTJ males, INFJ females I do well with too. INFJ males I get along well with too. I really thrive well with ENFJs, one of my closest friends is an ENFJ. I like INTJ males. INTJ females kick ass, I love it when women go against social stereotypes.

-Krissy-

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Do you like interacting with your own type? Is it like, 'Hey we have so much in common so we should hang out' or something of the sort? Do you stay away from people who are your type? Basically your thoughts about your own type...

It varies to the point of saying that type's not much of a predictive factor at all. With some INTP's, I do get the idea that we're on the same page all of the time -- but with others, it's not even close. I can see the traits in them that leads me to believe that they're INTP's, but there's just no commonality at all. That's one of the things I find interesting about INTPc -- it's got both the "there are others out there similar to me" and the "I can follow this thought pattern and see how it fits, but... just no" examples. Generally not so for other types, with limited exceptions for INFP's and ISTP's.

Of course, among those INTP's with whom I share a common viewpoint, although we get along and even like each other, also don't tend to be joiners or make social links often or easily, so there's not often much... incentive/opportunity to build friendships. So often my friends tend to be of other types.