• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What do you think of your own type?

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
I love being an ENFP, and I like people who are ENFPs, actually I inherently like almost all FPs.

:)

What I like most about my type?

We are not petty.

We are not selfish.

We are kind-hearted.

We are intelligent but do not lord our intelligence over people.

We are not pretentious.

We hate pretentiousness.

We stick up for what we believe in.

We are constantly hungry for the truest Truth.

Agreed!

100%. :thumbup:

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I'm going to edit this quote show what I think
I love being an ENFP, and I like people who are ENFPs, actually I inherently like almost all FPs.

We try not to be petty.

We try not to be selfish.

We are kind-hearted.

We are extremely inteligent, but we're carefull not to be total asses about it.

We try not to be pretentious.

We hate pretentiousness.

And I admire that.

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
We are extremely inteligent, but we're carefull not to be total asses about it.
:D I can accept that modification.

We try not to be pretentious.
Ack, elaborate please, I don't think it is in our nature to ever be pretentious.

Pretentiousness stimulates my gag-reflex, I know my flaws, and I have many, but I can honestly say I have never suffered temporary delusions of grandeur which would lead me to be a pretentious assface.

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
The INTPs I know are just a little boring... Sad when you consider I find ISTJs more fun.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
Ack, elaborate please, I don't think it is in our nature to ever be pretentious.

I don't think its in your nature to be pretentious either...
But in my experience with ENFPs,
They try so hard to make their good nature clear, and are very critical toward those they find to have disagreeable character.
In other words, they tend to put a lot of stock into their own brand of morality, and that comes off as a little pretentious.

My wording wasn't very clear, I apologize.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
We are not petty.
We are not selfish.
We are kind-hearted.
We are intelligent but do not lord our intelligence over people.
We are not pretentious.
We hate pretentiousness.

I agree with almost everything written here - except for the "selfish" part. I think ENFPs have a tendency to act very selfishly at times without even noticing (so I guess it's not a conscious thing).

Then again, it's really fun to interact with you people :yes:

Aw Litvyak!! We need to catch up some time; it's been a while, see what the hell you're up to.

:hug:

I could've thought this comes off as whining, but that wasn't my intent. If you're saying this because you're worried or anything, let me assure you that I'm perfectly fine. I didn't encounter any problems I couldn't handle.
Apart from that, a virtual chat isn't such a bad idea at all ;)

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
Hmm, well if that's your definition of pretentiousness, I guess I can concede that we are times that.

That being hellbent in our belief that someone or something was categorically wrong in a particular instance.

But, we also understand that to be human is to err.

That everybody makes mistakes, that egos taint perceptions and actions, so I think even though we might be harsh critics, we are also willing and ready to accept blame and apologies, understand, grow and move on.

Nescio

MBTI Type
ENTP
I think ENFPs have a tendency to act very selfishly at times without even noticing (so I guess it's not a conscious thing).

I believe that sort of selfishness is acceptable.

thinkinjazz

MBTI Type
ENFP
I agree with almost everything written here - except for the "selfish" part. I think ENFPs have a tendency to act very selfishly at times without even noticing (so I guess it's not a conscious thing).

Then again, it's really fun to interact with you people :yes:

I could've thought this comes off as whining, but that wasn't my intent. If you're saying this because you're worried or anything, let me assure you that I'm perfectly fine. I didn't encounter any problems I couldn't handle.
Apart from that, a virtual chat isn't such a bad idea at all ;)

Virtual chat accepted- my yahoo is up (lol) under my avatar- erm IM that is- so whenever I am available gimme ur sn and I will add you to my chat list or we can pick a more specific time, since I do remember our initial conversation.:newwink:.

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
ENTPs vary widely, so it depends entirely on the person. Some I love, others I loathe.

Lemonade

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Overall, the other INFJs i've met IRL are really inspiring and friendly people.
My French teacher back in high school did have a bit of a dark side, but that was only brought out when a select few unmotivated students would misbehave.

A friend of mine is an INFJ and we tend to withdraw in "shifts". v.v
Whenever my schedule is open, he has disappeared, and when he returns, i've reached my limit where i need to disconnect from everyone for awhile.

forzen

MBTI Type
INTJ
I get along with most ISTJ i meet. Although, our conversation could probably put someone in hibernation.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
:run::run:
Do you like interacting with your own type? Is it like, 'Hey we have so much in common so we should hang out' or something of the sort? Do you stay away from people who are your type? Basically your thoughts about your own type...
I take a hike :run:

Zenihita

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
This is a good question, I wanted to ask that myself.

I have no idea if I know any NFs in real life. I assume I do, I'm bound to have met some through out my life, but there's no one I typed or have them tell me their type, so I can't be sure.
And I've seen those youtube videos of INFPs and I don't relate to them at all (apart from just one video with a male INFP). Maybe little things they say could resonate with me if I wouldn't be put off by their general behaviour or appearence or both. Some of these people I actually find kinda annoying, or weird, which is making me really confused. Does that mean that I'm not infp, or that they're not? Or can we be so different that we dislike each other? But if we can then what is the point of mbti?

I have three old friends (from high school) all of whom are ST. I like them, but I've never felt particularly close to them. And in uni I met my best friend who really seems to understand me quite well and even though we are very different on the outside we share some important things on the inside, so I consider it a deep friendship. She is ISFJ.
I also tend to get along really well with NTs. They are (like my ISFJ friend) the people that I can tell anything, they may not agree, but there's at least a chance that they will understand (unlike with STs)

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
I've only ever know two other ENFJs in my life. One was nuts (the epitomy of a manipulative ENFJ - it was scary), so she doesn't count. The other was very nice. I am pretty sure I could bond pretty deeply with a balanced ENFJ, but would (and did) run like hell from an unbalanced one. They - we are pretty hard to find, so I will let you know if I ever actually have the opportunity to find out :)

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
hmm... I've met a few other ENTPs and most of them are as wordy as fuck about things, though impatient in listening :doh:

I just sit there thinking "get on with it... spit it out!" when they're talking so that I can get to the phase of conversation where I get to talk..... :devil:

that being said, I can't help but to like other ENTPs, whether I pay attention to everything they say or not!

HollyGolightly

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I don't usually get on with other INFJs very well. I think it's because they remind me too much of myself, and I don't really like me ;P

On the forum I was on previously, I found most INFJs moaned about how unique they were..how tough it is being the rarest type, nobody will ever possible understand bla bla bla.

But like my INFP sister says: Everyone is unique, you're not that special ;P
Ha she's awesome.

But I don't think I have met a disloyal INFJ. They really do have your back. That's one thing you can't take away from them, they are very supportive.

JoSunshine

That's my name biotch!
MBTI Type
eNfj
Enneagram
“Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else” -Alison Boulte

Kra

Black Magic Buzzard
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
4w5
I've had a few run-ins with INTJ educators and mentors. Despite how much of a bear some of them were, I was always pretty well-assured of the quality of education I received from them (they knew how to support everything they taught).