User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Orienting by the Tertiary Function

Quote Originally Posted by jenocyde View Post
    Not really sure. Something that doesn't include "showing off", though. It seems like the pattern is mentioning how you use your aux function within the parameters or restrictions of your tertiary - is that correct?
    Yes, that's pretty much what this is. I've experienced the INP one myself, and I'm just trying to see if other types get too tied down by their tertiary as well sometimes.

half mystic, half skeksis Array jenocyde's Avatar

Well, in that case, it may be more like "I enjoy problem solving and in-depth analysis of almost everything, but I don't tell anyone about it unless they specifically ask me".

I really hate talking to someone about something if they are clearly not interested. People tend to seriously underestimate me because I don't always share what I know right off the bat. I don't want to waste anyone's time - mine included. I study people to find out how they express their levels of interest by their body language and pupil dilations. I've become quite adept at this.

In this way, I am extremely aware of other people and want to make the environment pleasant for everyone involved. I couldn't care less about showing off or getting people on my side.

INP (Si): "I like to entertain imaginative possibilities, but only within certain, unchangeable parameters that I know won't change."
    ISP (Ni): "I want to make a physical impact and experience things in vivid detail, just so long as it helps portray an unexpected interpretation of things."
    ITJ (Fi): "I want to take responsibility and brandish some authority, but only if it concerns what I deem important."
    IFJ (Ti): "I enjoy fostering relationships with other people, but only in a way that makes sense to me and confirms my own pre-conceptions."

ETP (Fe): "I enjoy thinking things through for myself, but only if it allows me to show off and get people on my side."
    EFP (Te): "I want to do good things and follow my heart, but only if it helps to brandish some authority and exert power."
    ENJ (Se): "I enjoy considering new perspectives, but only if it somehow helps me makes an impact in a real, physical way."
    ESJ (Ne): "I enjoy considering the facts and noticing small details, as long as they suggest unexpected possibilities for future thought or action."

Paragon Gone Wrong Array OrangeAppled's Avatar
    4w5 sp/sx
    IEI Ni

INP (Si): "I like to entertain imaginative possibilities, but only within certain, unchangeable parameters that I know won't change."

Not really....I use a sense of how things have been in the past as a starting point to expand on. It's more like a launching pad for new ideas, which can send you off into another galaxy far, far away from the past and can seem nearly unrelated when you're done.
    "Charlotte sometimes dreams a wall around herself. But it's always with love - So much love it looks like everything else. Charlotte Sometimes - So far away, glass sealed and pretty." - The Cure

INFP | 4w5 sp/sx - 451| RLUEI - Primary Inquisitive

I should mention that these aren't exactly healthy positions to take. It's about relying so much on your Tertiary that you end up trapped.

"First you hate 'em, then you get used to 'em. Enough time passes, you get so you depend on them. That's institutionalized."