• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Typology Videos by BlackCat

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Awesome videos. Found them entertaining and informative. I have the same slingshot except the rubber on mine is yellow. And I really want your bow.

B

brainheart

cough*attention whore*

Not trying to be, just trying to get clarification as per the video. I mean, isn't that the idea?

If Se just sees a benadryl bottle and nothing else, but I relate to everything else that he says (and everything else in regard to the ISFP description), I find it puzzling, that is all.

I am using my case as an example and as a way of getting answers, not as a way of getting attention.

ps, it's cool you made the videos black cat.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not trying to be, just trying to get clarification as per the video. I mean, isn't that the idea?

If Se just sees a benadryl bottle and nothing else, but I relate to everything else that he says (and everything else in regard to the ISFP description), I find it puzzling, that is all.

I am using my case as an example and as a way of getting answers, not as a way of getting attention.

ps, it's cool you made the videos black cat.

She wasn't talking about you. :p

Well maybe you're just a freak, @ Benedryl bottle. :D I mean, I do see it's uses and what it could be immediately used for. Perhaps what you saw as being relevant to the bottle was different. And keep in mind that that's just upon first glance, the judgment of it. I would see "well these are over the counter allergy pills that I use to get drowsy when I've thrown off my sleep schedule." You saw it as "I could use that empty bottle for a small flower pot." :p

BlahBlahNounBlah

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Am I totally misunderstanding Se vs Ne or what? I see that benadryl bottle and I see a vase to hold flowers, I see robot's eyes, I see little benadryl pills climbing out of the bottle because they are revolting and they want to be more than something someone will take to get drowsy.

Oh, I'm so confused...

I look at everything this way too (see: my avatar), and I'm Ne-dominant.

I have several close SFP friends, and they'd probably see the vase but not the medicine revolt.

B

brainheart

Yeah that's what's so confusing to me. I truly feel like I am treading water between types.

B

brainheart

Thanks, I will mull this over a bit- basically because I'm forcing myself to. I read the Ne description and thought, "oh my God, yes!" (especially that Einstein quote) but then I decided I shouldn't jump to conclusions because that's what I tend to do which is probably ironic evidence, huh?

I am truly not trying to derail this thread. So I won't say more while here...

(I just want to stay an ISFP... they're so... cool:))

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
Am I totally misunderstanding Se vs Ne or what? I see that benadryl bottle and I see a vase to hold flowers, I see robot's eyes, I see little benadryl pills climbing out of the bottle because they are revolting and they want to be more than something someone will take to get drowsy.

Oh, I'm so confused...

That doesn't sound like Se at all. That's quite an NFP reaction. More so than mine, in fact -- I can be very ENTP-like in a lot of ways. Fi also plays a big part here.

Having said that, if you think you're an ISFP, I don't think you should let your reaction to a bottle of benadryl confuse you. Just because you have a preference for Se, doesn't mean you can't use Ne. For my part I'm very Ne dominant, but I use and enjoy Se a lot. I'm also very strong at using Ti, but neither Se nor Ti are my default settings. So maybe seeing a bottle of benadryl brings out your Ne, doesn't necessarily mean you're an N.

Incidentally, it was one of your comments that convinced me my girlfriend is an ISFP. It was something or other about seeing words as something almost physical that can be played with.

B

brainheart

BHT: i knew you were talking about me... :) I could just tell...

Wonkavision

Retired Member
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w8
Two enthusiastic thumbs up for your videos, Black Cat! :thumbup:

Very down-to-earth explanations. I LOVE it. :D

Also...I love your gratuitous use of "crap" and "don't give a crap."

In fact............I think I want to hump you. :newwink: :D

B

brainheart

That doesn't sound like Se at all. That's quite an NFP reaction. More so than mine, in fact -- I can be very ENTP-like in a lot of ways. Fi also plays a big part here.

Having said that, if you think you're an ISFP, I don't think you should let your reaction to a bottle of benadryl confuse you. Just because you have a preference for Se, doesn't mean you can't use Ne. For my part I'm very Ne dominant, but I use and enjoy Se a lot. I'm also very strong at using Ti, but neither Se nor Ti are my default settings. So maybe seeing a bottle of benadryl brings out your Ne, doesn't necessarily mean you're an N.

Incidentally, it was one of your comments that convinced me my girlfriend is an ISFP. It was something or other about seeing words as something almost physical that can be played with.

I wanted to tell you that's a very good point. For example, if you're following the Lenore Thomson model, the function order for an ISFP goes something like- Fi Se Ti Ne Fe Si Ni Te... but I can't remember exactly.

bighairything

MBTI Type
ENFP
I wanted to tell you that's a very good point. For example, if you're following the Lenore Thomson model, the function order for an ISFP goes something like- Fi Se Ti Ne Fe Si Ni Te... but I can't remember exactly.

I didn't know the Lenore Thomson model, but that ordering makes a hell of a lot more sense than the classic MBTI model. The latter perhaps holds some merit on a normative basis, i.e. it describes the functions we should be developing -- so for instance Te is what I would be best off developing even though in reality it is my worst function. But I think otherwise lower order functions are the weakest part of the whole MBTI thing.

AOA

♣️♦️♠️♥️
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx
That's some creativity, BlackCat - good stuff.

(Listening to the vids.)