• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

100% J vs 100% P

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What are the characteristics of 100% J? What are the characteristics of 100% P? Can you say their differences and similarities?

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
You ever seen someone or something in life that is 100% anything ?

Even the refinery of steel is only 99.9% pure..

skycloud86

I often get 100% P, but I wouldn't be able to tell you what characteristics I have beacuse of it. It's a preference, meaning that I always prefer P traits over J traits.

Grungemouse

Widdles in your cream.
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Having 100% preference implies that concrete measurement is possible, which it is not. I doubt there is such a thing as actually using more of one than the other; just how much the person taking the questionnaire values their preference (or is confident enough in MBTI lingo to know which questions are for what).

VagrantFarce

Here's an unhelpful, vague and overly-abstract explanation:

• Ps swim with the current
  • Js swim against it
You're welcome.

</johnhodgman>

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
or
Ps float down the stream
Js build dams and direct the stream path

BlueGray

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
100% Judging or 100% perceiving would mean that you either judge with no information or are nothing but information storage. You can't judge without taking information in in some manner and you can't survive without making some decisions. While there technically is the possibility for 100% of either J/P it's not possible in humans or any form of life.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I don't think there are really many characteristics out there that ACTUALLY fully describe ONLY J/P characteristics. However, I do think the J/P dichotomy is more or less 100% either way. Functionally, a J always extroverts judgment of some sort and introverts perception of some sort; likewise, a P always extroverts perception of some sort, and introverts judgment of some sort.

As a digression, I don't think a sliding scale is an acceptable way of looking at Myers Briggs simply because of the functional theory behind the dichotomies. Try to think instead of using various degrees of preference for different functions, of which everyone has four. Each Myers Briggs type has intuition, sensing, feeling, and thinking; the definitive characteristics lie in how much preference is given to each, and in what attitude the function lies (introverted or extroverted). As an example, ESTP's who give a high priority to feeling aren't just EStP's (barely T), they just give a higher than normal favoring of Fe in certain situations. They use all functions; the P and J simply determine the attitudes. So ESTP's would use Se --> Ti --> Fe --> Ni and ESTJ's would use Te --> Si --> Ne --> Fi. The functions are completely different with just one letter switched. So do you see how P and J can't really (theoretically and in most real cases) be close on a sliding scale?

Last edited:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
I know a few hippie/stoner types that are extreme Ps. Would probably score 90-100% P.

- No direction.
- Very well humored.
- Cool with almost any occurrence.
- Easy to hang around.
- Live on their own schedule.

I'm down with extreme Ps (yeah you know me). Actually I think I am one.

Le Grande Muffin

There be no such thingie even in my prime i hit the high 70s on something i dont really understand

Yet, pause for effect....i concede people may hit 80%+

Therefore, to twit to woo and henceforthwithish and all that malarkey i concede, imo naturally, anyone hitting 100% is clinically insane and most likely chomping down on the business end of a stick...heh and perhaps they be wired into the national grid..whos to say :)

*slipper note I did hit 100% once on which I am never telling thee and thy will never guess

But if your spaking hypothetics then the universe will implode...again :D

the state i am in

MBTI Type
infj
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it's part of the type code, not a function in its own right. it says something about your type dynamics, like extroverted or introverted. but the functions are the functions, and the system is nothing but greek humours without them.

Tiltyred

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ha, at first I read "geek humours."

Max

MBTI Type
ISTP
I'm 100% J. I've been called "the most straight-laced kid" before.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I know a few hippie/stoner types that are extreme Ps. Would probably score 90-100% P.

- No direction.
- Very well humored.
- Cool with almost any occurrence.
- Easy to hang around.
- Live on their own schedule.

I'm down with extreme Ps (yeah you know me). Actually I think I am one.

Actually, i am a pretty high P. I am interested what a pretty high J would act like.

incubustribute

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Actually, i am a pretty high P. I am interested what a pretty high J would act like.

It's an interesting question, but as I said earlier, I think you're missing some essential understandings of how the functions work. As "the state i am in" pointed out, it means almost nothing by itself. The only thing J or P determines is which function is extroverted. It gets old hearing people say things like "I like things clean and orderly, therefore I must be a J," or "my room is always messy, therefore I must be a P." I blame most of the type quizzes online for this as they seem intent on asking these types of questions. To get to your question though, a 100% J would simply extrovert his judgment. So he would use either Fe or Te in either primary or secondary position. That's 8 personality type possibilities. If you want somewhat of a better indication, try adding the first letter to it. Then you have 4 type possibilities for each combination and you get closer to understanding the functional characteristics of introverted and extroverted perception and judgment. :)

See my post http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...ves-kiersey-s-classifications.html#post921671 for more on this idea.