User Tag List

Default Interseting website regarding AS/HFA and MBTI

Yes, I am well aware that there have been many previous discussions about Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism and MBTI type correlations. Recently I have stumbled across this website that discusses this issue.

Here is the link Autistic spectrum: Autism vs. Asperger Syndrome (AS). Personality type or disorder

Do you think this is accurate or do you think that it is hogwash? There seems to be a lot of material that I have never seen elsewhere in relation to MBTI (i.e. blue shift, red shift, etc.)

Please, do go ahead and point out whatever you feel to be wrong or inaccurate. I would like to hear some opinions.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    972 so/sp
    Socionics
    EII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Merkw View Post
    Yes, I am well aware that there have been many previous discussions about Asperger Syndrome/High-Functioning Autism and MBTI type correlations. Recently I have stumbled across this website that discusses this issue.

Here is the link Autistic spectrum: Autism vs. Asperger Syndrome (AS). Personality type or disorder

Do you think this is accurate or do you think that it is hogwash? There seems to be a lot of material that I have never seen elsewhere in relation to MBTI (i.e. blue shift, red shift, etc.)

Please, do go ahead and point out whatever you feel to be wrong or inaccurate. I would like to hear some opinions.
    I'm an Aspie and post at this Aspie message board and the plurality of poster's there are INTJ. INTPs and ISTJs are the next most common types there, IIRC, followed by ISTPs and INFPs. There are a significant number of INFJs as well, which suprised me because you'd think us Aspies would have poor use of Fe by definition.
    Autistic INFP